Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Thingyman

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia/Werewolf Championship. It was great to have you be represented, and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well :)

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out which player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop-DAY-ONE

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I thought of this mechanic for a game: if someone dies, their lynch votes is nullified.

Example: Vike has a vote from goreae, Pyure and the_J, Pyure and the_J are wolves and kill goreae using their night power. RealKC has a vote from bigd, profrags and Erin. RealKC gets lynched for sure, eliminating the coin flip

Reactions: Robijnvogel

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Hasn't been done before, so it could be an interesting strategic twist. One of those minor changes that adds an extra little layer in without turning into an unbalanceable mess.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys

Once again, thanks for participating in this year's Mafia/Werewolf Championship. It was great to have you be represented, and hopefully you'll be there for next year's season as well :)

I thought you might be interested to know that the finale for this season finally started yesterday. 136 communities, 9 games and almost 6 months later - it's finally time for the final 17 players to battle it out to find out which player will earn the title of the Internet's best mafia/werewolf player.

Want to spectate the finale?

If any people from your community are interested in following along and spectating, you can find the game thread here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3255-Season-3-Final-Game-The-Koopa-Troop-DAY-ONE

The OP post contains a spoiler box called "Threadmarks". Inside this, a table of links to important events will be automatically generated. I.e. it will link to the various day and night starts, for example, making it easier for spectators to get an overview of the game. Day 1 ends tonight at 8 PM EST.

If you'd also like to chat with other spectators about the game, we have a huge chat on Skype with almost 200 people. If you're a social butterfly, this is also just a great opportunity to talk with other mafia/werewolf enthusiasts about whatever - it's a very friendly bunch. Join this chat by adding me on Skype: thingyman (the one with a picture).

Additionally, you can also join the on-site spectator thread by PM'ing "Thingyman" on the site. Note that activation emails will probably go to your spam folder. If you are having trouble with anything, try PM'ing me here.

Hydra event interest?

At least a dozen different communities this year expressed an interest in a so-called "hydra event". If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the idea is that each participating community can send a hydra of two players, the advantage of which is that it's maybe easier to be active when two players are both playing on the same account, and it's also just a lot of fun.

If you are interested in participating in such an event, do let me know and I'll start making a list of interested communities. I don't expect all 135 communities to participate in this at all, so it'll most likely be a smaller thing and obviously it will just be for fun.
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. The event's huge, man; I recognize a grand total of 1 name on that player list. :p

These people are truly fighting to become the very best... I thought this was just a random game people would play on the forums ._.
It's a lot more competitive in other communities, for sure. Check out some other Mafia Universe games when you get the chance.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone: Are we interested in the Hydra event?

Hydra event interest?

Do we have two volunteers?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Everyone: Are we interested in the Hydra event?
Do we have two volunteers?

Only if we get attached randomly to another head, so people don't know who is who...
No, that would make the mechanics too different, however, if everyone couple only had one vote, it'd be...
More interesting? If only one head can and at least one head has to vote each day, that'd be the perfect mechanic to find out who is attached to whom.
Such a game wouldn't even need wolves.

Let's call this concept "A lover's game".
It would be a very fast game ((n - 4) /2 x 12 hours?) with only "lovers". One could call it a popularity contest like Goreae tried to run last month, however if you kill someone, the connected other person dies as well. The last two couples standing would win.
Hmm, maybe some 1-time-use night-power that can only be used if two or more people voted to lynch you , that could tell you the name of the person coupled to a random person from the pool of persons who voted for you? For example: Vike and Letho vote for you. You use your power. Vike gets selected by the RNG gods and you get the message "Pyure is the partner of one of the people who voted for you." because Pyure and Vike are a couple in that hypothetical game.
I think this concept would be super feasible in a livingroom-setup as well actually.

Shazam, could you add it to the queue? Would someone else like to run it? If not, I would. Let's hear your oohs and aahs first, shan't we?

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
@Bigdbigd03! You're up. Ready?

Only if we get attached randomly to another head, so people don't know who is who...
No, that would make the mechanics too different, however, if everyone couple only had one vote, it'd be...
More interesting? If only one head can and at least one head has to vote each day, that'd be the perfect mechanic to find out who is attached to whom.
Such a game wouldn't even need wolves.

Let's call this concept "A lover's game".
It would be a very fast game ((n - 4) /2 x 12 hours?) with only "lovers". One could call it a popularity contest like Goreae tried to run last month, however if you kill someone, the connected other person dies as well. The last two couples standing would win.
Hmm, maybe some 1-time-use night-power that can only be used if two or more people voted to lynch you , that could tell you the name of the person coupled to a random person from the pool of persons who voted for you? For example: Vike and Letho vote for you. You use your power. Vike gets selected by the RNG gods and you get the message "Pyure is the partner of one of the people who voted for you." because Pyure and Vike are a couple in that hypothetical game.
I think this concept would be super feasible in a livingroom-setup as well actually.

Shazam, could you add it to the queue? Would someone else like to run it? If not, I would. Let's hear your oohs and aahs first, shan't we?
Sounds like a fun game! I would play it.

In the post you quoted, though, I was asking about interest in Thingyman's Hydra event on Mafia Universe. :p

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I know. It gave me that idea, which distracted me from the post I originally quoted.
I would like the challenge of the Hydra game, however I don't think anyone would be willing to team up with me after my fail action last game.

Reactions: Shazam08

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Guys, I think the forum is trying to tell me something about this Hydra game:

9447cf88d5b58bd4fe48d4147ff4da0c.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I would actually love teaming up with Pyure! :p he helped me win erin's game
List of people who still like pyure:

• Nojr
    • fowltief
    • vikestep
    • goreae
    • jus2beast
    • trajing
    • robijnvoegel
    • the_j
    • rjs
    • lethosos
    • lenscas (by request !! )
  • shazam08 maybe a little because he likes everybody?
  • returnofmc because he doesn't know better yet
  • ++realkc because he forgets how untrustworthy i am, <3 <3 <3

Last edited: