Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Replace my game on the queue with this:
Werewolf-Law of the Land

This is an experimental game. I really want to see what comes of it.

Rules: None. That's right, none. There are no rules at the beginning of the game. It's up to the players to make them themselves. There isn't even a daily lynch at the beginning of the game unless people want to lynch someone.

Roles:
Wolven is not a role in itself. It is a character trait. This means that someone can be a wolven bodyguard.
Sheriff: Chosen by the people. Whoever everyone wants to be the sherrif is the sheriff. He makes one rule each night.
Mayor: Chosen by the people. He's responsible for creating roles. The role handout is anonymous.
Citizen: Empty role, ripe for molding.

There are some restrictions to the roles created, but yeah. Also, the people will also get to make decisions about what happens in the town. Each day, the townspeople can vote on a new rule or a new role. This can be anything, from impeaching the mayor/sheriff, killing someone, or even mimicing other roles, like a search or a seance. The limit with this is up to your imagination.

Everything that you decide to do, not matter how silly, will have some sort of affect on the game. For example, "paint the town red" could cause a wolf to go into a frenzy, killing two players instead of one.

I'm really excited about this. This sounds so cool and if it works well,it could be amazing.
"All wolves must reveal themselves"

Reactions: dylanpiera

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
>be me

>be defiant

>uses icbm on self

>i die, wolves die, town dies, everyone dies

>everyone is kill, game is over

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should play a vanilla game sometime. Vanilla being just villagers, seers, and wolves and no PM's. It'd be interesting to see who stands our when we can't PM each other

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should play a vanilla game sometime. Vanilla being just villagers, seers, and wolves and no PM's. It'd be interesting to see who stands our when we can't PM each other

My game (next yay) is very close to that, and could easily make the one role transition to it.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
hqdefault.jpg

Announcement! I'm doing this on April 1. Shit. Traj had a great idea recently.

If you've ever run a game before, you'll know it's tough. Sort of. It's fun as all hell, with the secret convos and judgment calls and all, but it's definitely a time commitment for about a week. Especially during the first few days, when you've got all twentyish players doing their own things simulatenously.

If you've ever tried to create a rolesheet before, you'll know it's similarly difficult (especially with the more complex games). How will this role interact with that one? Are there enough wolf roles? Will I have too many duplicates? Is that worded clearly enough? Where do all these actions fit in to the Order of Events? Lots to think of! It's also fun as all hell, but can require a lot of thought and creativity beforehand.

Introducing: Joint GMing! With the help of @Werewolf Joint GM, Co-GMing is possible! Sort of! Maybe! We'll see how this goes. The idea is that you can submit a rolesheet here, publicly, even if you know you won't have sufficient time to run the game. Someone else Another person may see the sheet and be like "Hey, I've got time now! I like that game!"

The running-GM can choose to do it all on his lonesome, if he chooses, but he could also run the game through @Werewolf Joint GM. This would allow the game's creator to weigh in with balancing, clarficiations, etc.

Alternatively, you could create a game and run it yourself, but use @Werewolf Joint GM and another person to do it. If you knew you'd be short on time, you could have a friend (who isn't playing, obviously) share the seat of power with you and run things while you're away. Flawless.

Obviously this isn't required or anything; Just another option for people who are short on time. All credit/praise/hatemail goes to @trajing for the idea.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
hqdefault.jpg

Announcement! I'm doing this on April 1. Shit. Traj had a great idea recently.

If you've ever run a game before, you'll know it's tough. Sort of. It's fun as all hell, with the secret convos and judgment calls and all, but it's definitely a time commitment for about a week. Especially during the first few days, when you've got all twentyish players doing their own things simulatenously.

If you've ever tried to create a rolesheet before, you'll know it's similarly difficult (especially with the more complex games). How will this role interact with that one? Are there enough wolf roles? Will I have too many duplicates? Is that worded clearly enough? Where do all these actions fit in to the Order of Events? Lots to think of! It's also fun as all hell, but can require a lot of thought and creativity beforehand.

Introducing: Joint GMing! With the help of @Werewolf Joint GM, Co-GMing is possible! Sort of! Maybe! We'll see how this goes. The idea is that you can submit a rolesheet here, publicly, even if you know you won't have sufficient time to run the game. Someone else Another person may see the sheet and be like "Hey, I've got time now! I like that game!"

The running-GM can choose to do it all on his lonesome, if he chooses, but he could also run the game through @Werewolf Joint GM. This would allow the game's creator to weigh in with balancing, clarficiations, etc.

Alternatively, you could create a game and run it yourself, but use @Werewolf Joint GM and another person to do it. If you knew you'd be short on time, you could have a friend (who isn't playing, obviously) share the seat of power with you and run things while you're away. Flawless.

Obviously this isn't required or anything; Just another option for people who are short on time. All credit/praise/hatemail goes to @trajing for the idea.
Look! A beagle!

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This could be useful. Very much so indeed...

Especially for my game, perhaps, since, while the rolesheet is relatively simple, all the alt-management could easily become a nightmare.