Werewolf Organisation: Electric Boogaloo Redux

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I will say right now, that I probably won't have time to start the game until wednesday.
Would that put someone above me on the queue?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mURSWpFUtEjckhKtXKOMx79uRVlwGDfml0oZsMsGRvw/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the current state of the game. Currently not sure whether town is hopelessly outmatched or not.

It is worth noting that for theming purposes the monsters will not have a team conversation. Thoughts? Characters you want included? (still thinking of trying to squeeze Regis in after all)
A note of caution: games where the win conditions depend on a few specific roles (i.e. Geralt, Ciri, and Eredin, in this game) tend to self-destruct fairly quickly, in my experience. Neither of my Tarkirwolf attempts, for instance, lasted beyond day 3.

Also, order of powers?

I will say right now, that I probably won't have time to start the game until wednesday.
Would that put someone above me on the queue?
If you open the signup now, and start the game on Wednesday, then the signup will have been open for 3-4 days. That's pretty typical.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
However what you could do in a game of not-technically Mafia/Werewolf, is make there be more wolves, design a leadership tree, and let each wolf only know the wolves that are below them in the tree, or one level above them. Then add the win-condition that wolves have to survive to win as well. (I'm not thinking straight, I know.)
Let the meat feast begin :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Of course it's werewolf. You can still play it in a very similar way, just with the difference of lack of wolf communication.

Which makes it technically not a werewolf game. I'm with Pyure on this one.
Righto. Its not ice hockey w/o ice, its not baseball w/o a ball, and its not werewolf w/o a werewolf convo.

Or to put it differently: I'm joining games that sufficiently represent the standard framework.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Righto. Its not ice hockey w/o ice, its not baseball w/o a ball, and its not werewolf w/o a werewolf convo.

Or to put it differently: I'm joining games that sufficiently represent the standard framework.
You're not even willing to try? That seems a bit self-defeating.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You're not even willing to try? That seems a bit self-defeating.
I like what I like? (its like asking a gay person to try hetero. ok maybe thats a bit strong :p)

Honestly though, I've been "tricked" into enough fringe games that I know I don't enjoy them. I've already "tried", and i'm not willing to try every single variant anymore.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I like what I like? (its like asking a gay person to try hetero. ok maybe thats a bit strong :p)

Honestly though, I've been "tricked" into enough fringe games that I know I don't enjoy them. I've already "tried", and i'm not willing to try every single variant anymore.
At least I clearly stated that the lovers' game that I ran not too long ago, was not technically a werewolf game.

Reactions: Pyure

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
First I need to say this @Robijnvogel ;) that's what she said

Second and more importantly, it's not strictly werewolf... but that doesn't diminish its ability to be fun. So I'd be up for trying it

Reactions: Pyure

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How is it not? That's just one part of the ruleset that makes it werewolf. It's like saying if you take the mast off of a boat then it's not a boat any more.
The game of Werewolf is, at its core, a battle between the informed minority and the uninformed majority. If the wolves do not have their convo, they're no more informed than anyone else- so they're an uninformed minority facing an uninformed majority, so it doesn't really work.

If the wolves are partially connected, perhaps if there's a network of two-wolf convos spanning the entire wolf team, or if the wolves have strong seer-type abilities so they can locate their teammates, it could work... but I think we can all agree that just throwing them all into a convo is simpler, more reliable, and generally leads to better gameplay.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mURSWpFUtEjckhKtXKOMx79uRVlwGDfml0oZsMsGRvw/edit?usp=sharing

Here's the current state of the game. Currently not sure whether town is hopelessly outmatched or not.

It is worth noting that for theming purposes the monsters will not have a team conversation. Thoughts? Characters you want included? (still thinking of trying to squeeze Regis in after all)
\o/

Questions:
  1. Does the Wild Hunt just lose if Eredin dies?
  2. Why does the Wild Hunt have a kill? Won't they always not use it, for fear of killing Ciri?
    • (Side Note if 1 and 2 are valid: Maybe make the Hunt's nightkill into a nightabduction?)
  3. Can you elaborate on what happens to a player killed by a Rotfiend?
  4. Want to be added to the queue?
Psst, @RJS.