WEREWOLF: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Oi! Calm down you too! The biggest problem is the wolves, not who's arse has been in this situation of chicken-stealing.
It's either wolves or bandits![DOUBLEPOST=1376789805][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, I want to lynch Peggle. The guy isn't even here.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I nominate the lynching of peggle, he is suspiciously quiet,

time to defend yourself peggle!

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
My suspicions have gotten the better of me, I vote to lynch out Gordon goreae He has been acting strange recently...

(Just to keep things simple, let's refer to players by their forum handles --- it saves people (like me) from having to read up on who's who: The introductions were really just a fun bit of icing, not the cake!)

And because several people have exhibited confusion regarding some of the rules (not just you, VikeStep!), I'll please remind everyone to review the rules post which can be found here. I've quoted the relevant portions below (note that I've greatly simplified the lynching process by making a "vote to lynch" count as a nomination or a seconding, depending on the step we're on---I'm accustomed to playing on gaming forums with tight clocks, and realize now that my initial rigid process would have taken far too much time):

The Daily Lynch
Lynching is a four-step process: A player is NOMINATED; another player SECONDS the nomination; the Accused offers a DEFENSE; then the other players VOTE on whether to lynch the Accused. Note that you may skip either of the Nomination or Seconding steps by simply casting a vote to lynch.
  • Nomination: At any time during the day, any player can NOMINATE any other player to be lynched.
  • Seconding: If another player SECONDS the nomination, the nominated player is locked in as the ACCUSED.
    • You can substitute a simple "I vote to lynch [Player A]" for either of the above. (i.e. If you start things off with "I vote to lynch", you're considered to be nominating a player AND voting to lynch. If a player has been nominated, and you "vote to lynch", you're considered to be seconding that player AND voting to lynch.
    • Why bother with Nominating and Seconding at all, then? Because it can be strategically beneficial to nominate/second a player you have no intention of lynching, to see how other players react.
  • Defense: The ACCUSED will get one opportunity to defend themselves. (You may wish to wait for this defense before locking in your vote.) The reason I make this a separate step is to avoid a situation where a player goes to bed on a silent thread, then wakes up to find out they've been lynched with no opportunity to argue their case!
  • Result: After the Accused offers a defense, if MORE THAN HALF of the voting players vote to lynch, the Accused is killed and the game progresses to the next night. (Otherwise, the lynch fails, and discussions resume until there is another nomination.)

Adapting to Forum Play
  • Any "action" that you want to take must be in bold. This includes anything that isn't discussion: voting, nominating, seconding, choosing someone to kill, using a special ability, etc.

Please ask via conversation if you have any questions!

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
(This post simplifies & clarifies two earlier posts I've since deleted cuz they were confusing even to me.)

Anyway, I want to lynch Peggle.
I second the lynching of peggle . . . peggle, you are now accused!

Alas, PeggleFrank is NOT accused: The quote from GPuzzle wasn't a nomination, because only bolded actions count. Anything else is merely discussion. (I know. "Le sigh." Even I feel like I'm being overly pedantic here, but there's a whole tangent of good reasons hiding in these spoiler tags: )

While it sounds like GPuzzle meant a nomination, I can't discount the possibility that he was simply opening discussion by expressing his support for the idea (maybe even relying on the "bolding" rule to prevent an accidental nomination). And though VikeStep was willing to second, I can't assume that he'd be willing to nominate. Werewolves are tricksy hobbitses players, and I have to leave the doors open for them to manipulate the rules to their ends---by making them consistent and predictable.

Anyway: Please remember to bold your actions!

To clarify our status:
  • VikeStep has nominated goreae AND voted to lynch him. However, the nomination has not been seconded yet. Nominations CAN be made against other players; nominations only stop when a player has been seconded, and becomes the accused. (If this makes you sigh, remember that a (bolded) "vote to lynch" is your trump card over the whole process: a lynch vote counts as a nomination/seconding AND a vote---as it did for VikeStep.)
  • No other players have been nominated.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I second the lynching of Goreae.
Also, I may drop the RP, because, goreae was right, my character is a tad stupid.

If, in the case that Vike takes back his nomination thing, then I nominate goreae. He has a picture of a wolf as an avatar. How much more suspicious can you get?

Reactions: PeggleFrank

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
That's the opertunity to defend, and that's all the defence he makes?

Honestly, even if he's a villager, that's not going to help us find the wolves. Anybody who spends more time on RP then trying to figure out who's whom is dead weight.

On the other hand, I'm not going to help the wolves kill. If the seer claims to have revealed, lets hope the bodyguard keeps them alive tonight, and the wolves don't get a kill.

So as these rules do not require me to vote, I'm not going to until we can get a better reason then "he's role playing, instead of helping".

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
How could I really put up a defense? it's the first day for crying out loud and I'm being lynched for having a wolf avatar? I mean if you want to go ahead and kill me off for that, then fine. Let that put your minds at ease. Just saying, it would be a big, fat waste of time. instead of ganging up on the person who just happens to be a wolf, how about we go after someone more likely to be a wolf, like vikestep for instance? He's been aiming to lynch me since I put my introduction post up. What could be more suspicious than that? according to you guys, an avatar that I've been using for over a year now. -_-

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm...that is a pretty good arguement...i guess we could wait until one of the werewolves make a move. Peggle said je was seer, and that you were innocent.

Hmmm...we dont have enough voyes to lynch anyway. Nobody is suspicious yet. But one of us will die tonight anyway. Should we wait?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
goreae faces the mob!
(He has been nominated by VikeStep and seconded by Jess887cp.)

ACCUSED: goreae

Players Voting to Lynch goreae:
VikeStep

Players Voting to Spare goreae:
(none)

4 Votes are required to lynch goreae.

Players Yet to Vote:
GPuzzle
Henry Link
ICountFrom0
Jess887cp
PeggleFrank