WEREWOLF: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
(Everyone is free to watch, but please refrain from posting to this thread unless you are a player.)

WEREWOLF: A Game of Secret Identities & Eating People

This will be an 8-Player game, and the two teams will contain the following roles:
  • The 2-player Werewolf Team will include two Werewolves, with a 25% chance that one of those Werewolves will be replaced with the Lone Wolf or the Teenage Werewolf.
  • The 6-player Villager Team will include a Seer, a Bodyguard, and four Villagers
Our players are:
  • goreae
  • Gpuzzle
  • Henry Link
  • ICountFrom0
  • jess887cp
  • PeggleFrank
  • Tellerofstones
  • VikeStep
Roles have been assigned. The Werewolves have been introduced. The Seer has peered into the soul of one of you, and knows the truth.

You will find all rules for this game here. Please make sure you understand them, and ask me any questions you have.

To add a bit more flexibility to the lynching process: If a player votes to lynch before a nomination is seconded, the voting player is assumed to also be seconding the nomination (i.e. you can skip the "seconding" step simply by voting to lynch).

Day One

The sun rises, and the fog rolls back to reveal a town under siege: Though none of you have died, two of you have been lost. Mutilated livestock, monstrous tracks on muddy roads, and deep claw-marks in strong wood soon alert your superstitious town to the threat within.

Begin by introducing yourselves: Who are you in this town?

Then, pick up your torch and your pitchfork, and join the mob: Discuss, debate and argue, then nominate a player to be lynched when you are ready.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Name's Vector. Born and raised in a town far on the North, cold as heck, I gotta tell you. It wasn't as wet, though.
I used to be a waiter in a pub - keeping up with the meat supplies was awful, wolves everywhere. The bastards came and killed our cows, then our pigs, then our chicken, then our sheep, even ate our horses! After that, they started eating us! About 25 of us left the village alive, and we settled in near the coast. They made me the scout and I found this town. My stuff is so wet from the trip I wonder if I can stay here a few days. Can I?

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I don't do roleplay, to me this is all a big psychological puzzle, I do come up with off the wall ideas and try to make the game fun. As fun sometimes means not winning, well I'm okay with that.

I'm not used to games with no backchannel communication, and while this means that there's interesting roles (notepasser) that are possible with this mechanic, it also means that what I've got to offer is not going to fit well. Course that means I can freely ramble about it without giving away any strategy people may or may not be trying to use. Though that like button is mighty tempting as a way to pass data, I just have no clue what data it could be being used to pass.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Yes... but how do you know your not note passing to a werewolf?

As for me I will choose the simple lifestyle of the village blacksmith. You can call me Luke.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I don't do roleplay, to me this is all a big psychological puzzle, I do come up with off the wall ideas and try to make the game fun. As fun sometimes means not winning, well I'm okay with that.

I second this. Don't expect much backstory.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Good day fellow community, my name is Ulfric. I used to be a servant for a jarl in another region, but was banished and this is my sanctuary for the meantime. I've taken the job of farmer as I'm not experienced for any of that high tech stuff, like weapons.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
You ever notice people seem less tempted to try to RP when it's called mafia?

Course, it's not like it's srys buisness. ... unless there's a vampire role that has to be invited in before they can use any power.

But yes, the risk of note passing to a wolf is part of the risk, and part of the fun.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
(dang it count, I like RP!)
My name is gordon. I'm just a simple farmer, and the crops from my farm supply the village with most of its food. I inherited this farm from my pop and have taken on Ulfric as my apprentice. I also have a few chickens an' cows, but they have just started disappearing. Like without a trace. Ulfric tried putting up new fences, but it just didn't work. The next day, another animal, just gone. Not even a single hair or feather, drop of blood, just completely vanished. I hope we catch what's stealing my animals soon, or the village might be in trouble.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'm starting to suspect gordon, is the mystery man who is taking our chickens, but I'll hold onto that suspicion. I have heard "them" come at night time. I went to check the farm and the animals were gone, I couldn't find goreae either. The next morning I noticed him in his bed fast asleep...

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
My natural tendency is to suspect one of the rp's mind you, gives them a way to hide the werewolf role, if they expect everybody to be fake then they don't have to worry as much about coming off as false.

Tellerofstones

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i am kevinbacon (not really just a joke cuz i like bacon) and i am the towns taxi driver i drive people everywhere!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hello goodfellows! I'm Link, your friendly neighborhood fairy boy! :D If you have any empty bottles, I can take them off your hands.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Finally faced with the reality of a nightmare made flesh, fear has united your small frontier town in at least one thing:

The weak, stunned silence of lambs being led to the slaughter.

Noon has come and gone.
Shadows lengthen as the day begins to wane.
The wolves among you prepare for the onset of night.

Eighteen hours from now, unless a player has been nominated for lynching, the Sun will set ... and the Moon will rise.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
My suspicions have gotten the better of me, I vote to lynch out goreae. He has been acting strange recently...

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Hello goodfellows! I'm Link, your friendly neighborhood fairy boy! :D If you have any empty bottles, I can take them off your hands.
(OOC) banned for being a videogame character in an RP forum game.[DOUBLEPOST=1376789299][/DOUBLEPOST]
My suspicions have gotten the better of me, I vote to lynch out Gordon. He has been acting strange recently...
When you were banished, you were lost, alone. With nobody and nothing. I took you in, gave you a home, food, water, anything you needed, and this is how you repay me?

Reactions: Jess887cp

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
(OOC) banned for being a videogame character in an RP forum game.[DOUBLEPOST=1376789299][/DOUBLEPOST]
When you were banished, you were lost, alone. With nobody and nothing. I took you in, gave you a home, food, water, anything you needed, and this is how you repay me?

I was not lost! I knew that the only reason you took me was for your own good, you didn't care for me! I care for my life, you care for nobody. You have to admit that you've been sloppy, covering up your tracks!

Status
Not open for further replies.