Weekly News Update #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
Its been a couple of weeks since the last one of these due to a bit of a lack in news. However this week there are several items to talk about.

The first is an update to the launcher that is being pushed tonight. You can find the change log here

http://www.feed-the-beast.com/launcher/135

However the main point of interest is added support for 1.7 mod packs and adjusting the authentication system that we are using. This should help to solve some problems that have cropped up.

As to mod packs, There are still delays with bringing some of these packs out of beta. This is primarily down to certain mod instabilities that we are still trying to get resolved. In the meantime it would be extremely helpful if anyone using the Direwolf20 pack could take the time to go and respond to this poll.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ars-magica-possible-bug-in-dw20-1-0-12-and-1-0-14.41152/

We are hoping this can help us narrow down a problem in the pack

We are also working on bringing the latest Mindcrack pack out to public shortly.

In other news about mod packs we will be releasing what will be labelled experimental the first 1.7 mod pack onto the launcher, hopefully tonight. There will be no real tech support on these packs at this stage and is purely being used to help forge with bug tracking. Technically this isnt really a mod pack so much as it is Forge and maybe a mod or 2 on top of that. It will be for version 1.7.2 and the primary reason for adding this is to aid in the testing of forge for 1.7. Please download use it and report any bugs back. I'll get a thread up soon after the pack has been added.

In other news, the FTB store has had new designs added for the new packs. These are currently up for pre order and the aim is to start delivery early next month. The prices have been reduced as we are using a less expensive printing technique for the printing of these t-shirts. You can get your pre order in at

http://shop.feed-the-beast.com/

For people wondering about the deal with Curse, all I can really say at this point is negotiations are still ongoing.

Moving onto tech support, we have added a new tech support area onto the site

http://support.feed-the-beast.com/

Hopefully this will help to make things a lot easier when reporting bugs and issues.

I think that covers everything for now, but if more news comes up, I will get it out as soon as I can.

Last edited:

HardBitch

Jul 29, 2019
Nice work guys keep going.
It would be possible to have the version number of the mod in the front of that dot in FTB luncher. It will be very helpfull.

Reactions: cricketnath

timmsy1986

Jul 29, 2019
nice one excited to hear the Mindcrack pack as it must be annoying for everyone seeing the Youtubers using it and we cant play along as the FTB community.

think its also a move that needs to be done so we have something for the main base of ftb fans to play till monster becomes recommended as all we have are beta and old versions of packs now.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Could we possibly get an update on what is going on with Monster? If there is some technical problem with a specific mod, can the mod in question just be removed and get this baby to "stable"? My temporary Horizons server is languishing :D

Thanks!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Could we possibly get an update on what is going on with Monster? If there is some technical problem with a specific mod, can the mod in question just be removed and get this baby to "stable"? My temporary Horizons server is languishing :D

Thanks!
I think it goes to stable when the bug reports start coming in slower. There is no specific mod keeping it unstable, its just that we can't guarantee your worlds will be safe. (However we can't guarantee it will be safe when it is stable, its just safer). For example the latest update to magical crops made it so that world resets were recommended, we had no knowledge that an update like that would come and if we were on stable then it would've been a problem. Also @Eyamaz (Monster Pack maker) makes changes to world gen almost every update, being stable should also be when Eya is happy with how the worldgen is set out.

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
Any word on the new pyramid map? I know Slow's been really busy, for a while there he was working on it pretty full-on.

Super keen to give it a play!

Status
Not open for further replies.