Weekly News Issue #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
it's always nice to see the mod developers be faster then us ;)

ID conflicts is still the easy part of making a modpack, getting everything balanced and ironing out all the incompatibilities is the big pain in the arse

I find seeking out all of the item ID conflicts is the real pain. It takes a while to find them all and then the rest of the afternoon sorting them. Then the balancing is just annoying but I enjoy it more as it excites me for the actually playing the game, and it's not all numbers.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I find seeking out all of the item ID conflicts is the real pain. It takes a while to find them all and then the rest of the afternoon sorting them. Then the balancing is just annoying but I enjoy it more as it excites me for the actually playing the game, and it's not all numbers.

dumps from NEI, a gift straight from the gods :)

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
lol takes a wile to find them all lol you do know forge tells you every mod id that is wrong and what mod its from both of the mods that conflict its the easiest thing to find. mod compatibility with others is the big pain you have to test allot of stuff with any new mods even the old ones as they changed allot of stuff in 1.6.4.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019

The FTB Universal Configs are a useful starting point for such an endeavor. ;)

secretzer0

Jul 29, 2019
Superstoked that this forum even exists. Have a wonderful holiday all youse who put the work in and all youse who enjoy it.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
They don't inform me when there's an item ID conflict. I always control+f "conflict" in the log. Dumps are still amazing. In the 1.6 version they've become so much better.

in 1.6 there should be a IDConflicts.txt file that is generated upon ID conflicts in the .minecraft folder.
to give a small example of how helpful that file is, this was my latest ID conflicts

Code:
#Blocks
500: machine from remoteIO - GraveStone from GraveStoneMod
501: io from remoteIO - null from GraveStoneMod
580: ccmblockBuilding from ccm - openperipheral.glassesbridge from OpenPeripheral
581: ccmBlockPlanner from ccm - openperipheral.proxyblock from OpenPeripheral
1900: powerOre from DartCraft - witcheryGlowGlobe from witchery
1901: forceStairs from DartCraft - witcheryLeechChest from witchery
1902: block.forceInfuser from DartCraft - witcheryStatueGoddess from witchery
Suggested Ranges: 2895-3119 (225 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 3900-4027 (128 IDs)

this together with NEI dumps, fixing ID conflicts has never been easier

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
in 1.6 there should be a IDConflicts.txt file that is generated upon ID conflicts in the .minecraft folder.
to give a small example of how helpful that file is, this was my latest ID conflicts

Code:
#Blocks
500: machine from remoteIO - GraveStone from GraveStoneMod
501: io from remoteIO - null from GraveStoneMod
580: ccmblockBuilding from ccm - openperipheral.glassesbridge from OpenPeripheral
581: ccmBlockPlanner from ccm - openperipheral.proxyblock from OpenPeripheral
1900: powerOre from DartCraft - witcheryGlowGlobe from witchery
1901: forceStairs from DartCraft - witcheryLeechChest from witchery
1902: block.forceInfuser from DartCraft - witcheryStatueGoddess from witchery
Suggested Ranges: 2895-3119 (225 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 3900-4027 (128 IDs)

this together with NEI dumps, fixing ID conflicts has never been easier

These are all blocks. The game doesn't alert you when there are item ID conflicts - you have to look for them yourself. If you're not aware of this you likely have lots. I strongly reccomendation checking.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
These are all blocks. The game doesn't alert you when there are item ID conflicts - you have to look for them yourself. If you're not aware of this you likely have lots. I strongly reccomendation checking.
Just look through the FML.log for 'conflict', that'll show you the item ID conflicts. Do note that some conflicts are intentional; RailCraft and MFR replace some vanilla block mechanics and will show up in the FML.log when looking for 'conflict'. Other mods may do the same.

Then it's just as "simple" as changing the conflicting item IDs to a new range...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Just look through the FML.log for 'conflict', that'll show you the item ID conflicts. Do note that some conflicts are intentional; RailCraft and MFR replace some vanilla block mechanics and will show up in the FML.log when looking for 'conflict'. Other mods may do the same.

Then it's just as "simple" as changing the conflicting item IDs to a new range...

I know, thank-you. It's what I normally do. Doesn't stop it from being long ting.

FornPreakzZz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but thats only 156ish mods, and if watching Straymav he has 200ish. So either he added 50 more mods (doubtful) or the code monster isn't the final. at all.
I also want to add that stray has 200 mods in his pack cause he combined Monster and Horizons. He also wanted to add Direwolf but there were compatability issues. I also combined both and i must say it is so much fun when you nearly have all the major mods in one pack. I had to change the RAM option from 4 GB to 6 GB cause on 4 GB it was quite a bit laggy.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019

Problem is that not all mods raise a @CONFLICT in the log. Some outright override other blocks/items and sometimes even fail to raise a message about it, otherwise those can be found in the FML log searching for "override", "overridden", "overwritten" and "overwrite".

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is that not all mods raise a @CONFLICT in the log. Some outright override other blocks/items and sometimes even fail to raise a message about it, otherwise those can be found in the FML log searching for "override", "overridden", "overwritten" and "overwrite".

Also some mods have @CONFLICT when there isn't actually a conflict. Such as when Hunger Overhaul overwrites all food items in the game to change the hunger stats.[DOUBLEPOST=1388051077][/DOUBLEPOST]
I added carpenter's blocks in myself. It was my first time installing a minecraft mod myself, and the installation was stupidly easy. Just download the mod compressed, and put it in the monster/minecraft/mods directory. No need to even decompress it.

Carpenter's blocks ID's are included in the universal configs... the mod is just not included. There are quite a few extra mods in the configs with ID's just so people can drag and drop.

Raptorana

Jul 29, 2019
There are quite a few extra mods in the configs with ID's just so people can drag and drop.

I keep going through the configs and thinking 'Awesome - we have that mod?"... aaaaand we don't.

But at least I can add them when I want!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I keep going through the configs and thinking 'Awesome - we have that mod?"... aaaaand we don't.

But at least I can add them when I want!

Sorry we just can't include every mod. Instead we are trying to slowly get a lot of popular mods in the Universal configs for easy drag and drop.

Reactions: rhn and un worry

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry we just can't include every mod. Instead we are trying to slowly get a lot of popular mods in the Universal configs for easy drag and drop.

exactly as how I like it. I don't want one huge modpack, I rather like to have several smaller modpacks to choose from, and be given the option to add/remove more mods myself and being able to choose a different modpack from time to time for a completely different playing experience.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

Joshua Stubbles

Jul 29, 2019
So the "flagship" pack that Slow mentioned - is that Unleashed? I've been running 1.1.7 a while now on my server and it could use some love. I'm jonsing for some Project.Red & Thaumcraft 4 action. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.