Ways you play your game that people think is crazy.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I also really hate normal doors and avoid using them wherever possible. I prefer piston doors and fence gates with pressure plates under them. And hence, I never crafted another door in my life... my piston doors are so much cooler, anyways.

I like making these water trap doors sometimes. basically its a entry hallway. That makes any mobs coming into the base float up and drown themselves.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I like making these water trap doors sometimes. basically its a entry hallway. That makes any mobs coming into the base float up and drown themselves.

That seems like a nice idea, I'd do it, but I'd probably get annoyed of having to go through water so often.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I don't automate. I look after all my machines manually, barring my powered furnace -> pulveriser -> chest and my sawmill -> chest setup. Yes, that means I don't even have a chest attached to my assembly table (that has 36 lasers, by the way). I like babysitting my machines! It makes me feel better.

Wow, really? Of course you should play in the manner you prefer, but not automating anything at all? That *is* different.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That seems like a nice idea, I'd do it, but I'd probably get annoyed of having to go through water so often.

Its not so bad really... here let me show you real quick

lay down your first layer. Make sure the stairs are pointing at each other. This will make mobs walking into it lose footing and float up faster.

2013-03-21_06.18.07 by Saice, on Flickr

Then build the next 4 like so. don't forget the signs

2013-03-21_06.19.10 by Saice, on Flickr

Next fill with water. make sure every block is a source you want no flowing water. You can make it easy by using ice then braking it if need be.

2013-03-21_06.19.53 by Saice, on Flickr

Last here is how it looks.

2013-03-21_06.19.58 by Saice, on Flickr

Don't forget the cap or the mobs will just pop out.

2013-03-21_06.20.09 by Saice, on Flickr

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, really? Of course you should play in the manner you prefer, but not automating anything at all? That *is* different.
It's time-consuming and requires more brainpower than I can exert and I'm lazy.
I never even made a sorting system! Not once.
I'm starting to think that I'm manlier than some of the guys on the forum. :oops:

That is a joke.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It's time-consuming and requires more brainpower than I can exert and I'm lazy.
I'm starting to think that I'm manlier than some of the guys on the forum. :oops:

That is a joke.

So your saying being dumb and lazy is manly? :p

Reactions: ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
So your saying being dumb and lazy is manly? :p
No, I'm saying that not using a sorting system and just doing it manually is manly. Then again, I don't even have different chests for all my stuff. It's just a non-homogenous agglomerate that somehow works for me.

Dracanas

Jul 29, 2019
something i do that some people think is wierd is that i need all parts of my place to look at least somewhat nice, for example my build craft sorting room, i have the pipes in one room and the chests in another, now the chest room some people would make look nice, which i do of course, but also i make the pipe room look nice and planned out even though i wont probably be in their ever again.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019

Same, I never was into the whole automation thing, the most automated things I have are a Powered furnace next to a chest, and a turtle.
(Not even sure that counts.)

Then again, I don't even have different chests for all my stuff. It's just a non-homogenous agglomerate that somehow works for me.

Not this tho, unless you mean one chest for each item.
I for one cannot stand having too much disorganization, I don't mind placing an few items in a random chest for convenience, but for the most part, all items have to be organized somehow.

Be it a chest for all drops (animal/ mob) all "minerals" (anything mineable.) all plants, etc.
Or a lot more specific when I get a bigger base and more chests.

Its not so bad really... here let me show you real quick.
Oh, I understood what you meant, I'm just saying its probably going to annoy me having to go through the water every time I enter/ exit.

I already deal with enough water on my Island/ Archipelago Worlds (I Like the "Survival in the middle of nowhere" feeling, plus islands seem so much more manageable/ customizable, I guess you could also consider that one of the things some people consider a crazy way to play. :p) and well, I do get kinda fed up of having to travel through water as it is, making it necessary to enter/ exit is not something I would like to do.

As I said, a nice idea, and I'm sure its pretty useful, its just something I would not personally use myself.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I understood what you meant, I'm just saying its probably going to annoy me having to go through the water every time I enter/ exit.

I already deal with enough water on my Island/ Archipelago Worlds (I Like the "Survival in the middle of nowhere" feeling, plus islands seem so much more manageable/ customizable, I guess you could also consider that one of the things some people consider a crazy way to play. :p) and well, I do get kinda fed up of having to travel through water as it is, making it necessary to enter/ exit is not something I would like to do.

As I said, a nice idea, and I'm sure its pretty useful, its just something I would not personally use myself.

well you could go with the deluxe model. Add dispensers with buckets (or your block mover of choice) on the sides it will take 20. And wire it up to remove or replace all the water at a button push.

And I can agree with the middle of nowhere statement. I like building in remote places.