WayofTime's EEPower [SSP] - Ultimate Pack - Resonance Rises! [SMP]

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if cross-dimensional travel is possible... The only possibility (and I do mean possibility) is constructing a prism using crystals and then moving the base while inside it. Also, it may just crash. I could fashion a mystcraft nexus on the ship, and have it as a base that you can go to any location you want, but it will require testing.
ok, i thought that cross dimension travel may be impossible

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Impossible for the ship, that is sure. It is possible for one to have a platform on the overworld that has a Portal portal (sounds odd) that teleports to a portal spawner on your frame ship, and certainly have a book in each Nexus location that teleports to the pad. However, I'd love some sort of cross-dimensional ship, but somethings may just be not possible. That said, you could have multiple ships with enderchests, so you could have the semblance of an inter-dimensional ship. But, oh well!

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019

I thought i would let way answer first, as you asked him.
this base idea that you have is almost exactly what i had in mind, though with some more features.
im not sure how you could get the lightning rod to extend unless you had it place them and a frame and move it up one by one, though i would just go nuclear and skip that as it only generates a little power comparatively. mobile base is exactly what i want, though frames are limited in how many you can move at once, so i would have it in multiple sections and have it modular so you could rearrange it at any time. cross dimensional travel is a hard thing, i would have ether 1, a builder plan of it and place it in a different world or just have multiple ships, with one main one and a mystcraft book/portal in each, though moving might be an issue with that.
thanks, i acctually got my quote from a percy jackson book.

edit, portals! i totally forgot about that.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I thought i would let way answer first, as you asked him.
this base idea that you have is almost exactly what i had in mind, though with some more features.
im not sure how you could get the lightning rod to extend unless you had it place them and a frame and move it up one by one, though i would just go nuclear and skip that as it only generates a little power comparatively. mobile base is exactly what i want, though frames are limited in how many you can move at once, so i would have it in multiple sections and have it modular so you could rearrange it at any time. cross dimensional travel is a hard thing, i would have ether 1, a builder plan of it and place it in a different world or just have multiple ships, with one main one and a mystcraft book/portal in each, though moving might be an issue with that.
thanks, i acctually got my quote from a percy jackson book.

edit, portals! i totally forgot about that.

The modularity leaves a lot of possibilities, this is true. I can think of a few elogent solutions to get this to happen. It also means that each room will need to be the same size, to keep up that modularity. A few things that will be needed are: energy via both BC and EU (can't be a 6 chamber reactor, due to frames), a good blulectric system to contain all of the needed energy (remote recharging system to keep everything full), storage area, possible autocrafting station, and a few other niceties. We'll have to see how things go, and I am definately going to make it in the overworld.

I think my next major project will be a mystcraft nexus system: I hope we manage to get it to a smaller size!

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
The modularity leaves a lot of possibilities, this is true. I can think of a few elogent solutions to get this to happen. It also means that each room will need to be the same size, to keep up that modularity. A few things that will be needed are: energy via both BC and EU (can't be a 6 chamber reactor, due to frames), a good blulectric system to contain all of the needed energy (remote recharging system to keep everything full), storage area, possible autocrafting station, and a few other niceties. We'll have to see how things go, and I am definately going to make it in the overworld.

I think my next major project will be a mystcraft nexus system: I hope we manage to get it to a smaller size!

o, by the modularity, i had ment a lot of rooms with at least one doorway on each wall + posibility to have one in the floor/celling conected by hallways that have bluelectric cables in the floor and if it needs eu power i would use a interdimentiional energy storage cube from 1-2 nukes or 2 fusion reactors feeding into each other which is desirable over a nuke because it could be moved easyer but insane to make because of cost. for mj i would use teseracts, same with items. plus, one main control room posibly in multiple sections to hold all the brains of the machiene.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019

I new reactors would be hard, thats why I said lightning rods (pus there cooler if they extent on when raining). wind mills could solve power supply and a nice no-inchworm drive to make it travel smoother. autocrafting would be nice, as it would save a lot of time. for storage i thought of barrels, but that could get costly if using sortrons to pull items from them. and you could make the nexus on the ship, to save RAM (instead of travelling home then to nexus via mystcraft, having it on the ship would save lots of time too).[DOUBLEPOST=1361748502][/DOUBLEPOST]dont forget to make it computer controlled so that you can say 0,0,0 and it takes you there!
remember, computer can make computer in FTB!

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I knew what you meant by modularity. I'm just thinking of the method to detach each part and to reattach them at a later time. Currently, wind mills leave ghost blocks behind when they are moved, so that is a no go. I can make a simple small engine to move the entire contraption when needed, and it should be a simple enough thing.

I'll make a check list for what each part is going to need. Also, would it be possible to have the autocrafting system work from a remove location, i.e. set so that it doesn't need to be on the ship since that would cause a lot of energy consumption lugging it around. It may be a few episodes before I start the project!

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
I knew what you meant by modularity. I'm just thinking of the method to detach each part and to reattach them at a later time. Currently, wind mills leave ghost blocks behind when they are moved, so that is a no go. I can make a simple small engine to move the entire contraption when needed, and it should be a simple enough thing.

I'll make a check list for what each part is going to need. Also, would it be possible to have the autocrafting system work from a remove location, i.e. set so that it doesn't need to be on the ship since that would cause a lot of energy consumption lugging it around. It may be a few episodes before I start the project!

ok, i had thought i meant a bunch of cubes all stacked together, instead of with hallways. how would you make the autocrafter remote, as i do not know a way to make redpower computers comunicate over long distances/dimensions. also, it probably wouldn't take THAT much more energy, if youhad the items teleported in to the room holding it. also, something we haven't considered is solar panels, though the higher tier you make them is basically making a reactor

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019

sure, remote locations are fine. I was planning on adding tunnel bores to gather resources and having them sent to the ship/offsite processing, to be dealt with. interesting thing about the windmills/turbines, had no idea. I will be patiently awaiting to see what you come up with![DOUBLEPOST=1361757149][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok, i had thought i meant a bunch of cubes all stacked together, instead of with hallways. how would you make the autocrafter remote, as i do not know a way to make redpower computers comunicate over long distances/dimensions. also, it probably wouldn't take THAT much more energy, if youhad the items teleported in to the room holding it. also, something we haven't considered is solar panels, though the higher tier you make them is basically making a reactor
but lighning rods are cooler:D. plus reactors can easily be made offsite sending power to the ship. the main purpose of this besides a a living space, is to be cool.

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
in Etho and BlameTC's recent videos, they have been trying different farms, such as the new multi farm (which seams to suck as it needs apitite fertilizer and uses lots of tin) and shooting trees with mining lasers, all because the old forestry farms are being removed, what are you going to do for your farms? maybe a filler video while gathering resources? also, is there a way to raise the volume of your intro? its a little hard to hear.

loving the new series, cant wait to see you die the first time }: D

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
in Etho and BlameTC's recent videos, they have been trying different farms, such as the new multi farm (which seams to suck as it needs apitite fertilizer and uses lots of tin) and shooting trees with mining lasers, all because the old forestry farms are being removed, what are you going to do for your farms? maybe a filler video while gathering resources? also, is there a way to raise the volume of your intro? its a little hard to hear.

loving the new series, cant wait to see you die the first time }: D
Thanks, and glad that you like the series! No, I am not planning on dying any time soon - knowing my luck, it will be off of some idiotic mistake such as wiring HV into a rotary macerator. Who would do something so stupid? >.>

I think I'll see how one of those (I think they are) walnut trees do on a multi-block farm. Heck, I've got enough apatite to simply shove all of the farms up the wazoo with fertilizer, so the "cherry picker" upgrade should be useful. Also, maybe I should construct an artificial forest and just go ... nuts with the apiaries to see what type of trees I can breed.

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
heres an idea for you, a cross between a quarry and a frame quarry. you use mining wells (ic2 version) on frames with ov scaners so you get all the ores but almost no cobble/dirt, and it will be faster than a frame/quarry. the only problems i see is 1: power 2: can all the needed blocks move without glitching? 3:how will you tell when it is done and then what?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
heres an idea for you, a cross between a quarry and a frame quarry. you use mining wells (ic2 version) on frames with ov scaners so you get all the ores but almost no cobble/dirt, and it will be faster than a frame/quarry. the only problems i see is 1: power 2: can all the needed blocks move without glitching? 3:how will you tell when it is done and then what?
Certainly an interesting idea, to be sure. For power, it would certainly need some form of IDSU to transmit the energy at a reasonable rate. The block glitching should be easily testable also, so just a bit of testing beforehand should be enough.

The final part is the real sticking point. Is there any conseivable way to detect when the bloody thing is finished? One solution would be an EU detector cable that will say when there is no more energy running through the system. Once that occurs, there has to be a way to pull out the drill and insert smooth stone into the system. There will certainly need to be some tweaking, but at its core it should be feesible.

On a slightly unrelated note, I have recently been asked by two separate parties about doing a server play series. I'm going to wait for a bit before deciding which to go for (KirinDave of the forum, with Resonant Rise as the pack, or ChippedGaming, who is on an Ultimate server with a group called MineCrew). I don't know which would be the best fit for the youtube channel, since both have pros and cons, but I am content to wait until I can reach a unanemous decision with myself (I agree! -- No, you suck!).

...I have fun.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, world download for #40 is now live. I am also now part of the Resonant Rise mudpack beta testing team, so feel free to check out development in my let's play!

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
Bwahahaha! I shall keep this thread alive to the end!

on to busyness (not misspelled), how about creating a prank for GenerikB or Zisteau? (from the mindcrack server, if people don't know about them, where have you been?)

PLOT: zisteau is making a hidden base. generikb is runing around looking for a thaumcraft node to blow up (rejuvenating princess) and finds burnt/cut trees. as the trees are QUITE a ways away from spawn, looks around and finds his base. zisteau was warding up his base but had not finished the whole area yet. generikb finds a way in and faced (yes, faced, not defaced, he made his face on the inside of zisteaus walls) his base and demands emeralds. zisteau then hides some howler alarms in generikbs base as a mini prank, and finishes enclosing his base plus netherportal proofing his base. how about some pranks for them to play on each other as they have declared a prank war? (ps, generikb likes noise pranks, zisteau likes fire, lava, and explody things, but the rules are no greifing (like, nuking there base) no tnt that could go off (or applicable item) deaths are good, and cleanup time is usually a good thing. pss, the bigger the better.