Waiting for Ultimate...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is Greg assuming it is his job to balance IC2, where in fact, it is the sole responsibility of the IC2 devs, and not Greg's.

He's balancing it so it works better with his mod, which is basically an expansion to IC2. However, this has been debated many times before and is not the point of this thread.

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is Greg assuming it is his job to balance IC2, where in fact, it is the sole responsibility of the IC2 devs, and not Greg's.
Thats not true. Why would IC2 devs balance things for gregtech, when gregtech is IC addon, not the other way around? Greg isnt arrogant, he is just making changes to other mods for people who like his mod, so they blend better. You say that Greg takes it on to himself and he shouldn't, but who should do it then? Original authors? I don't think they will balance their mods just for GT.

Reactions: Confidential1207

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This has been debated many times before and is not the point of this thread.
/End of discussion

This is not the place for a GregTech argument. Ultimately, the mod can be turned off.

It's an Ultimate pack. That means everything.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
bias? yes of course, I'm biased against mods taking it upon themselves to edit other peoples work because they arrogantly think that their way is better.
My arrogance? Look up the definition of the word before you ignorantly throw it around on the internet.

GregTech is explicitly told to make those changes to the game, through its config file. You are showing nothing but arrogance by telling other people they're not supposed to make changes to their own game, regardless of if its single player or a server operator decision.

Since all modding itself is "people changing their own game" targeting specific changes as wrong is doubly arrogant.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I just wish they would add the private pack functionality as soon as possible. That way we could put whatever mods we want on servers, update them as soon as they are ready, without having to rely on or wait for FTB devs.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke already said gregtech won't be in the ultimate pack..

Then slowpoke shoudl call it the "less than ultimate" pack.

Sure, I disable a lot of the changes it makes, but I still want it in because of what it adds.

As it does worldgen, it would be FAR better to include with easy mode configs then to force people to add it manually.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke already said gregtech won't be in the ultimate pack..

Read below.

I believe he actually said it would be in the ultimate pack, but disabled by default.

Greg tech will be added into ultimate as my idea of changing configs will be added in for it and probably other mods aswell.

Some reading.
Slowpoke said:
Ability to select between multiple config options for individual mods: e.g. selecting between easy mode and hard mode Gregtech from within the launcher.
ETA: 3-4 Weeks
FTB Mod Pack and Launcher News link

Reactions: whythisname

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Read below.

Greg tech will be added into ultimate as my idea of changing configs will be added in for it and probably other mods aswell.

Some reading.
FTB Mod Pack and Launcher News link

My bad for replying to hearsay...[DOUBLEPOST=1358056293][/DOUBLEPOST]

He's not forcing anything. He made a mod and said "here is my IC2 hard mode, play however you like".

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, railcraft also changes vanilla rail recipes and I don't see peopls complaining that is hard, 50% of the people here dislike gregtech (for being 40 minutes waiting for some stupid dust, bro i wanna play not wait like an idiot) and thats why it will be disable in ultimate

ps: ultimate is almost ultimate because, even if you want so badly, some mods dont go well together (ee3 + gregtech)

The ability to add packs is there on the launcher, sure. But we can't actually create a private pack yet can we?
yes you can, get permission from all the mods you want in the pack, have a proof of that and show it to slow.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
when ultimate comes out though, i am going all out with my base :D *desperate attempt at a subject change*

Same here, I've got plans to hollow out a tall volcano island and build a cool base in that :D I'm thinking about how I should hollow it out though, I could use Fillers or something, but I'm kinda looking for a circle shape, not square or rectangular. Anyone got any tips for drilling out circular shafts out of the ground instead of square/rectangular ones? *attempting to help change the subject*

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, I've got plans to hollow out a tall volcano island and build a cool base in that :D I'm thinking about how I should hollow it out though, I could use Fillers or something, but I'm kinda looking for a circle shape, not square or rectangular. Anyone got any tips for drilling out circular shafts out of the ground instead of square/rectangular ones? *attempting to help change the subject*
onlt thing I can think of is doing it mannually, with a diamond drill that shouldn't be too hard.
Honestly, I can't think of anything in the Ultimate pack that I don't have already that I absolutely need... so more than likely we will be sticking with a modded Direwolf20 pack.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got any tips for drilling out circular shafts out of the ground instead of square/rectangular ones? *attempting to help change the subject*
Redpower frame quarry? It only needs to move down and up again, so only four frame motors needed. Should be very simple to build.
You could even use only one frame motor together with a deployer (deploying frames on the way down) /block breaker (removing frames on the way up) which stay at the top. When the quarry has reached bottom, just turn the frame motor to upwards movement via a screwdriver.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

If you want to cheat, then do with world edit 3 layers of a square sand on top of the volcano, make it fall on top, change the sand to a block you dont need (like red cobble or whatever) remove the basalt inside, change the red cobble to basalt inside and profit!

TiGSpudgeaholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda looking for a circle shape, not square or rectangular. Anyone got any tips for drilling out circular shafts out of the ground instead of square/rectangular ones?
Maybe I'm just going to seem stupid, but does everything have to be FTB? Just fill a single-shaft ith TNT and blow it?

Also in the interests of staying on Topic, I've started a FTB BETA server without prior research into Ultimate and whatnot until now. As far as I can tell, that was a bad move and I'm going to have to restart. Boohoo.

But everyone getting majorly butthurt over this needs to cool off, FTB's great, it's a change from Minecraft but it's voluntary. Everyone saying "The packs are released, why don't they just..." Etc, go bloody do it yourself. Tell everyone your goal and see how you handle the pressure when you inevitably can't stick to your deadline.

Slowpoke, FTB team, good job in general. You've shot yourself in the foot by giving deadlines to people without an ounce of forgiveness, but the work you've done is commendable.

Finally: "From now on we will only be releasing mod pack and launcher updates on a Monday. This does not mean that we will be updating every Monday, just this is when updates will generally be pushed to help admins plan etc. The only exception to this is if a critical update needs to be pushed in an emergency." If it's not released tomorrow, suck it up and wait.
/rant.