Waiting for Ultimate...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
So at this point is it realistic to wait for the Ultimate Pack? We are ready to start a new world but I don't know how long we can hold out. We don't currently use FTB so we are not familiar with the pace of release.
Not sure if it's really very realistic at this point. The lack of information or time frame after this long is leading me to believe it's not even close.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it's really very realistic at this point. The lack of information or time frame after this long is leading me to believe it's not even close.

Agreed. We've installed the Mindcrack pack and started a world. /disappointed (but having fun with turtles)

verid

Jul 29, 2019
You can make your own ultimate pack by combining the mods and configs of the Direwolf20 and Mindcrack packs.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
With Direwolf adding in new mods all the time, it will soon be the Minecrack Pack. Minus Gregtech & Traincraft. I don't think he will mess with those two, but I could be wrong.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
What does that have to do with making our own packs with all the mods?
what does your question have to do with my comment? Verid said we can make our own ultimate pack by putting the mods together, no we can't as we don't know the full extent of all the mods in the pack. Do me a favour, the next time you write something, do a bit of reading first!

UncagedBlue

Jul 29, 2019
what does your question have to do with my comment? Verid said we can make our own ultimate pack by putting the mods together, no we can't as we don't know the full extent of all the mods in the pack. Do me a favour, the next time you write something, do a bit of reading first!

Yeah, we can't make an exact replica, but we can make our own "ultimate" pack. I don't think he meant making a replica. Do me a "favour", the next time you write something, do a bit of thinking first!

Reactions: Zmaster27

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, we can't make an exact replica, but we can make our own "ultimate" pack. I don't think he meant making a replica. Do me a "favour", the next time you write something, do a bit of thinking first!
you really are quite dense aren't you? If you choose to make a pack, either by handpicking mods or by adding mods to an existing pack, choosing to call it ultimate is bloody retarded. Why create that unnecassary confusion with the official "Ultimate pack" by calling your own that... But, yet again, it seems you fail to read before you write.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get it? Considering I was the one who made the original comment, and you were the one who originally didn't get it.... ugh screw it, looks like I was right, you really are dense.
facepalm_picard2_reasonably_small.jpg

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
you really are quite dense aren't you? If you choose to make a pack, either by handpicking mods or by adding mods to an existing pack, choosing to call it ultimate is bloody retarded. Why create that unnecassary confusion with the official "Ultimate pack" by calling your own that... But, yet again, it seems you fail to read before you write.

You're pretty anal-retentive about the definition of Ultimate.... to the point of being douchy.

Yes, FTB will be adding mods until the end of time. By your definition, Ultimate Pack won't be Ultimate when it's released, because it won't contain mods to be released in the future.

Right now, the definition of Ultimate is all the mods in DW20 + Mindcrack, TOGETHER.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
You're pretty anal-retentive about the definition of Ultimate.... to the point of being douchy.

Yes, FTB will be adding mods until the end of time. By your definition, Ultimate Pack won't be Ultimate when it's released, because it won't contain mods to be released in the future.

Right now, the definition of Ultimate is all the mods in DW20 + Mindcrack, TOGETHER.
no... the definition of ultimate is a pack that has not yet been released which will most likely include mods that aren't currently in either of the main 1.4.6 packs.

zooqooo

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone else posts in this argument, my head may explodeeded.

Lambert is being an irritable jerk, but he is right. While you can combine all the mods you like together into one pack, it is far from 'Ultimate' because we don't know what is going to be in it. In fact it most likely won't even be compatible with Ultimate as it will most likely have new world gen.

Facts have been stated. And in all honesty, I hope this this thread gets closed, because the flame wars will no doubt continue, that is the nature of this thread

Tolgrimm

Jul 29, 2019

You can make whatever "pack" you like, but you don't need FTB for that at all... that's why so many people are waiting for the ultimate pack. It will get updated in a convenient way, you can play with other people who will have the exact same pack without much of a hassle.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
This whole argument boils down on the name "Ultimate Pack".
Since we're on the FTB forums, every reader will associate the official FTB pack with that name, when reading the words "Ultimate Pack". The contents of this official pack will be known, when it is released. If said pack will change its contents over time, it will always be the "Ultimate Pack" by definition.
So if you're building your own pack by adding pack x + pack y + mods a-d and talk about it on these forums, please do us all a favor and don't call it "Ultimate Pack". Call it hyper pack, amazing pack, whatever pack. Just not "Ultimate Pack". This will reduce overall confusion by a large margin.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
which will most likely include mods that aren't currently in either of the main 1.4.6 packs.

You don't know that.

These are the ONLY two things we know:
FTB Ultimate: Waiting on further mods to be updated and released to the public.
ETA: Unknown

FTB Magic World: Released, further mods that we hope to add include Ars Magicka and Mystcraft. This pack will be updated once these mods are updated and ready for release.
ETA: Unknown (Soon)