[W.I.P.] [FORGE] Travel Runes ( temp. name )

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked out the thread again and read the OP a bit closer and noticed a discrepancy...
When possible, an upgraded version of the travel rune, capable of intra-dimensional transport.
You already have this. Like, that's the thing you do. Intra- is inner, basically. Extra- is outer, in this sense. Unless you wish to imply that one teleports via the end or nether while making suck jaunts, anyway. But still, intra-dimensional means within this dimension.

Unless these runes ONLY currently allow transport to other dimensions, and you will need an upgraded rune to jump from one room in a house to another, this statement is false.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not being a pro on English :p
I'm italian , you know, and we don't have many occasions to talk/write/read in English :p

I hope that sometimes when my words fail, the true meaning will be understood anyway. :p

There, fix'd. :D

Last edited:

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not being a pro on English :p
I'm italian , you know, and we don't have many occasions to talk/write/read in English :p

I hope that sometimes when my words fail, the true meaning will be understood anyway. :p

There, fix'd. :D

For it being your second language, I am impressed. I would never have guessed you were not English or American haha.

That aside, I'm still excited to fiddle with the travel runesubes mod :-D

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
The pouch looks great, brings back memories of UO. I hope this mod makes it into FTB packs, I can already imagine logging in to a SMP server for the first time and finding a rune for the spawn in my hotbar

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Actually i should probably rename this mod to Ultimacraft or something. :D
Atm i'm still working at reagents bag but i'm also adding random things.
Many things won't probably work or even be crafted yet when i put up the first beta, but it's important to me to put up the bases first.

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you have played Discworld MUD but they had a similar mechanic. You would mark a rock with a location if you cast recall on the rock it would use up the rock. However if you had a hammer you could break the rock after marking it i nto a pile of single use recall stones. This would eliminate reagents but have durability instead.

They also had a tier II which was a piece of jewerly that would lose durabillity as you cast recall. You had the option of repairing the jewelery if you had the skills

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:

Still alive. Updates are a little slow, but i'm still working on it.
I plan to make a very very very very very early beta release soon, but that is given that everything goes on smoothly.
The beta will probably have just a basic implementation of things, but it should suffice for the time being :)

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
  • Created a Chisel. Sorry for having YET ANOTHER TOOL, but it gives access to almost all the recipes on the mod ( this is to avoid recipe conflicts) .
  • Created temp recipes for most of the items, and implementing the base reagents mechanics.
  • Minor tweaks and refactoringz.

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
  • Created a Chesel. Sorry for having YET ANOTHER TOOL, but it gives access to almost all the recipes on the mod ( this is to avoid recipe conflicts) .
  • Created temp recipes for most of the items, and implementing the base reagents mechanics.
  • Minor tweaks and refactoringz.
Wait, do you mean Chisel? Or is the name of the tool actually Chesel?
Also like how this is turning out. :D

Reactions: Padfoote

Croaganey

Mar 8, 2013
I love this idea! I think it would greatly enhance the exploration of the world.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Derp, yeah, i meant Chisel :)

Here's an updated screen ( for a better feeling ) about the Reagents Bag (and of course, ONLY reagents allowed :) )

2014_02_04_00_03_19.png

And this time, a decent size. :p
Also, yepp, 15 Slots. :)

MrJims

Jul 29, 2019
you just have to watch out for EA trying to sue your arse, as the pouch and the ingrediants graphics look to similar to Ultima Online.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
you just have to watch out for EA trying to sue your arse, as the pouch and the ingrediants graphics look to similar to Ultima Online.
I doubt even EA will stoop that low on the chance that they can even find it.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Not a problem, if that happens i'll completely remove the mod from existance.

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Oh i'm not worried at all. I've got no money at all & no job, so i'd really want to know HOW exactly a legal issue can make my situation worse. :p
[political joke to laugh and no to cry about it] Remember that i live in italy, where the criminals get jobs after done some time in jail. :D [/political joke]