[W.I.P] Feed The Textures - A FTB Texturepack

GoRoy

Jul 29, 2019
WQiWz.png
Hey everyone! I began to think about making a FTB related Modpack. I don't want to talk too much, because everyone will skip to the screens anyways. So just some bare facts.​
- 16x16. Nothing more, I don't like HD texture packs.​
- I think I'll develop it more into the simple-cartoony style, because thats what fits FTP best I think.​
It's Work in Progress and thus, there is not much to show at the moment. I will be posting updates as soon as I can show them, okay?​
For now, just some really, really early screenshots on some terrain.png changes:​
iF7I50Hr6kYnH.png
ibeoDphxt7F6XW.png
I hope you like it and give me some ideas! And critique.​

piedudeaus

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, keep it up. :)

Just one thing, (and its just a thing i'm not that fond of, i'm not saying it's bad mind you!) is the blocks that have the border around the edges! IF possible try to make the blocks seamless.

GoRoy

Jul 29, 2019
Nice, keep it up. :)

Just one thing, (and its just a thing i'm not that fond of, i'm not saying it's bad mind you!) is the blocks that have the border around the edges! IF possible try to make the blocks seamless.
Well, I actually liked the idea of having a border, just to even emphasize on the "block" aspect, but I might scratch the idea if it gets to complicated (for machines etc.).

Gantara

Jul 29, 2019
Love it!
The block borders also ^^ I think it makes it so easy to get an overview and everything.

Do you have a time schedule when you will be finished? I would betatest it also!

May i get a message from you if your finished?

^^ Go Go Go!!! ^^

Thanks in advance for the time, effort and sharing!

Just a little idea: Since you made all the ores with the gray stripes (what i love, because it makes the distinction so easy!) it would be more logic if you would remove the stripes from stone. Like you did with gravel and dirt.

:)

bacon

Jul 29, 2019
Do want.

I'm not a big fan of the larger sized textures that most people seem to like, and always like to play with something simplistic but better looking than default minecraft.

SouthQuab

Jul 29, 2019
To the maker of this prominent Texture pack, please don't take the route of texture packs like the hexagonal style ones that are popular in tekkit. Those honestly hurt my eyes and annoy me. I do very much like the design you have now of extreme blockiness. I like the look and as long as it stays somewhat close to vanilla(like it is now) you can count me in to be one of the downloaders![DOUBLEPOST=1354675619][/DOUBLEPOST]
To the maker of this prominent

I mean promising.

GoRoy

Jul 29, 2019
Do want.
I'm not a big fan of the larger sized textures that most people seem to like, and always like to play with something simplistic but better looking than default minecraft.

Exactly.

Reminds me of Disco's oCd texture pack. I've always wished that it had better mod support. Good luck!
oCd was actually one of my big inspirations, though I focused a bit on making it NOT like that, so it's not..the same with mods.

To the maker of this prominent Texture pack, please don't take the route of texture packs like the hexagonal style ones that are popular in tekkit. Those honestly hurt my eyes and annoy me. I do very much like the design you have now of extreme blockiness. I like the look and as long as it stays somewhat close to vanilla(like it is now) you can count me in to be one of the downloaders![DOUBLEPOST=1354675619][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean promising.

Blocky shape will be kept. And i don't really know what you mean by "hexagonal style", but if you mean something like Sphax, that will not happen. I don't like Sphax that much.

--------------

Good news everyone! I finished terrain.png and started working on the items. Here are some screens for you. :)

6l2hy.jpg

Typical view with the texutrepack.

54Evu.png

Smooth Stone - Wooden Plank - Sand - Birch Log - Spruce Log - Sponge - Glass - Wool - Bookshelf

wXYBM.png

Mossy Cobble - Obsidian - Wooden Stairs - Snow - Ice - Clay - Pumpkin - Brick - Netherrack

zdGvB.png

Soul Sand - Glowstone - Jack O' Lantern - Stone Brick - Melon - Mycelium - Endstone - Sandstone - Smooth Sandstone

hFBDJ.png

Sapling - Cobweb - Tall Grass - Dead Shrub - Yellow Flower - Rose - Mushroom - Crafting Table (Subject to Change!) - Furnace

hmx9z.png

Iron Fence (Error at the top fixed) - Glass Panes (Error at the top fixed) - Vines - Lilypad - Anvil - Bed

4wpZN.png

Dispenser - Noteblock - Sticky Piston - TNT - Glowstone Lamp - Redstone - Repeater - Trapdoor

IlIDk.png

Booster Rail (Powered) - Booster Rail (Unpowered) - Detector Rail - Rails

bfhXQ.png

Ladders - Beacon - Jukebox - Cactus - Oreblocks

ksQue.png

Fence - Netherbrick Fence - Cobblestone Wall - Mossy Cobblestone Wall - Stairs - Slabs

Tell me what textures you like / don't like! :3

Flip

Jul 29, 2019
I like it. Definitely looking forward to your take on mod items like pipes, wires, engines, and such.

SouthQuab

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah sphax is the one that most tekkit and FTB players use. I am glad you don't plan on making this similar. The textures look good enough now that I would have no problems with downloading just the terrain files and combining that with vanilla MC. I love that you are getting work done on this, and I like all of these textures save for a few. The crafting table looks too much like a log, so I think it should be changed (and you seem to concur judging by the fact that you said it was subject to change). I also think the glass looks a bit strange with the diamond colored edging, I think making that color a bit more clear would make it better. Just some critiques, excellent job, and keep up the good work!

KingofSpoons

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I noticed is that red stone looks a lot like Red alloy wire, so you may want to change tha.t for when RP2 comes back out.

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
Please please please make a download link! This is my type of texture pack! Please?

Eino

Jul 29, 2019
This is really cool! However, lava is too bright and water too unbright. Make water more blue and lava less bright.