Vineacraft: Hiatus (Not dead)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Bleh, might as well do a little update post.

Irl stuff going on, not much coding is being done.
1.7... well that's all i can say.
I have been thinking, and there MAY (not 100%) be a chance that i will be making "Vineacraft 2" in 1.7...
Of course this all matters on the code stuff.
CPW has said that most mods may have to re-write.

So, as ive said, this may not happen, but it more than likely will.
I WILL still be working on 1.6, and i wont quit until 1.7 is out.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, small update time.

Packet & NBT data stuff working now.
Vineacraft will successfully work on servers now, with no problems :D (while the content is little, still xD)
I've also just updated it to 1.6.4 (With eclipse being derpy and not working for awhile >.>)

Also ive got a cool item which will be implementing soon, its named after Sixkiller who won the FTB T-shirt and i made a promise to name a item/block after :D
It is a pretty decent idea for the item and i think most people will like it.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Another update :p
All the irl stuff is properly sorted out, coding can start soon.
Pokemon X and Y is coming out tomorrow, so i will be completing that a few times :p
I'm also going to look into learning Scala, sounds interesting to write a mod in :3
There are not enough mods in scala, and if i like the language i plan to change that and make it as easy as possible to write mods in it ^^ (Only if I like it :D)

Edit: Got some great help from sunstrike, really want to try out scala now :3

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if this idea has come up, but what about some sort of growing grid or fence, that made vines grow faster on them. That u can place on a wall or something...juts throwing it out there:)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so 8 gyms into pokemon x, nearly done then =3

Now for another idea which I'll be adding.
Vinea FluidPack, more or less a batpack, with fluids.
Vinea FluidFilling/Emptying block thing, will fill/empty the fluidpack of the player on/under it :p
It will more than likely be about 128 buckets in the fluid pack.
This also lets me do alot more work with the VineaTools :p

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It would be like the animus from the series H.I.V.E.

A biological, intelligent wire. So, you could make it do redstone AND power. It could even be slightly programmable.

Maybe it could automatically spread to any machine within five or so blocks which has a special connector?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
What about the idea of modifying vines to maybe choke mobs or enemy players? Place them on the ground and if u step on them u choke, like if u where in water. And u slowed down so its hard to get out of it. Name - A.I Vines- programable vines or something:p

Its kinda the idea for mob killing :p

Also, 128 buckets may change, the current way numbers i have planed for vine sap it would be good, but i could always make it upgradable :p

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
1.7 pre release is out...
So, guess i might as well give a update to you all.
Vineacraft is staying on 1.6 for the for near future, forge wont be update for awhile and neither will I.
If you want vineacraft wait for it to be out then hopefully it will be in a modpack for you people who dont like installing it yourselves.

*goes away to derp*