Vineacraft: Hiatus (Not dead)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
That sounds brilliant, Nova.

Maybe it would be able to be placed just like red wire, sort of, but this way it greatly extends the range of the redstone power, but not infinitely...

Reactions: Novaflipps

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
just quick idea what if you breed different types of vines that give food or items grape vines diamond vines ruby vines the list goes on

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Vines will not be 'breed able' that niche is full and is not needed.
Modular vines allows you to put certain aspects onto vines, but some cause drawbacks.
So you can put glowstone in your vines, they grow slower but emit light.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest you dont be so aggressive over that. Its a simple mistake people make.
The vines wont more than likely produce ores and stuff, because they dont need to.

Reactions: the_j485

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, idea pitching here.
What about a vine-spread node, when you place it down it will start spreading vines in an area around the node. You must build the vine machines on the area only, kind of like the zergs in Starcraft.
The vines spread this way will also work like the power grid if you have any power generators in the same patch.
Just some thing that came to me.

Oh, and they can only spread up+downwards 1 block only, dependant on the node's placement. Aslo, they should only spread to "natural" blocks. Dirt, grass, stone (not cobble), mycelium, sand, gravel, etc?

Reactions: draeath

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
Vines will not be 'breed able' that niche is full and is not needed.
Modular vines allows you to put certain aspects onto vines, but some cause drawbacks.
So you can put glowstone in your vines, they grow slower but emit light.

that is good enough for me[DOUBLEPOST=1382825604][/DOUBLEPOST]what about growing vines into mobs that can protect you among other things
(note) that is a pretty dumb idea

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
that is good enough for me[DOUBLEPOST=1382825604][/DOUBLEPOST]what about growing vines into mobs that can protect you among other things
(note) that is a pretty dumb idea

You said it yourslef! It IS a dumb Idea! (Even though vines growing into mobs that protect you sounds cool...)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hypothetical question.
If i worked on a different mod, what would you guys think?
Along the lines of magic?

Not saying i will, just wondering.

Currently Vineacraft is under quite a... bleh feel.
Anyways, back to coding.

Remeber, HYPOTHETICAL, not saying for certain.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Pokemon mod.

Do whatever you're passionate about though.

Kinda been done, although would be awesome! Maybe if you encounter a wild pokemon, it actually goes into a battle?

And yeah Pokefenn, obviously Vineacraft would take precedence but I'd be all for a magic Vineacraft mod. Maybe they could have some compatibility?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Kinda been done, although would be awesome! Maybe if you encounter a wild pokemon, it actually goes into a battle?

And yeah Pokefenn, obviously Vineacraft would take precedence but I'd be all for a magic Vineacraft mod. Maybe they could have some compatibility?
I was thinking much more simple than pixelmon. Also much less of pokemon in minecraft and rather minecraft with pokemon.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not talking about "after vineacraft is released".
I'm talking about starting like in the next few days.
I'm going to say it bluntly, Vineacraft has a... bleh concept.
And isnt implemented well.
I could do better in time.

Tech feels dead and i dont think Vineacraft is what will keep it alive.

Im just thinking about concepts, I feel that i can do better.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... An interesting mod certainly would be one that uses animals for something other than extracting resources.

Reactions: the_j485