Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Is the S&S reward the only one in the pack because it's the only one I have gotten out of 9 quests so far.
No its not. There are over 26 rewards in the update your using and in the new one that is going to be coming out soon, there will be over 40 bags maybe more. Also I fixed the pickaxe quests for the next update. Instead of submit the complete pick cause people are having problems. I changed it that you have to submit the 3 parts and the head seperatly. (Should solve the hand in problem!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
No its not. There are over 26 rewards in the update your using and in the new one that is going to be coming out soon, there will be over 40 bags maybe more. Also I fixed the pickaxe quests for the next update. Instead of submit the complete pick cause people are having problems. I changed it that you have to submit the 3 parts and the head seperatly. (Should solve the hand in problem!

Awesome, guess the RNG just really hates me.

bubblesayoyo

Jul 29, 2019
can you please upload the update, kind of stuck on the pickaxe hand in. sounds like you've solved this at least. other than that, thanks loving the quests and having a blast.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
can you please upload the update, kind of stuck on the pickaxe hand in. sounds like you've solved this at least. other than that, thanks loving the quests and having a blast.
I personally can't upload sorry. It has to be submitted to the the FTB Team and they only upload once a week so you'll have to will the weekend. So sorry. If they upload more often it would be up already :(

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019

You can use the OP hqm book to complete the quest and toss the items, that's what I did.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent the last few hours fixing all the problems with all the quests that I am aware of and that I found! So right now there should be no more major problem (hopefully :p) I also added many more reward bags so there is much bigger variety now! The update has been submitted and should be up either tomorrow or friday! Finally, the poll is still going on, so if you have not voted PLEASE VOTE! Thanks for all the support guys, means a lot!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, did you fix the issue with the power storage quest? It won't accept a leadstone energy cell.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, did you fix the issue with the power storage quest? It won't accept a leadstone energy cell.
It should accept the leadstone energy cell and I wasn't aware of that bug but I'm gonna fix that right now so that it will be fixed for the update

Edit: The leadstone energy cell has to have no power in it at all. Like completely empty, because I kept it precise detection. But I just changed it to fuzzy!

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, yea, I crafted it and tried to submit, didn't even place it in the world and it wouldn't take it.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, yea, I crafted it and tried to submit, didn't even place it in the world and it wouldn't take it.
Interesting. Well I changed it from precise to fuzzy detection so it should work from now on! I'm noticing that creative spawned items for some reason react different to HQM. I don't know why. But it should be fixed for this update coming out!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks for the work you put into this. After I finished Agrarian Skies I was hoping another pack would be along and this one is great. I've never played with GregTech so that's a serious learning curve and so far the quests have steered along a decent progression path to learn by. The only thing I disliked about Agrarian Skies were the quantity quests, at least the ones that made you wait ages even with massive infrastructure. I'm also a noob with Thaumcraft and Agrarian Skies helped me learn some basics, and now I'm full blown into that quest line here. I like the setup so far because when I get tired of Thaumcraft, I can switch to the tech line and vice versa and this keeps my interest peaked.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks for the work you put into this. After I finished Agrarian Skies I was hoping another pack would be along and this one is great. I've never played with GregTech so that's a serious learning curve and so far the quests have steered along a decent progression path to learn by. The only thing I disliked about Agrarian Skies were the quantity quests, at least the ones that made you wait ages even with massive infrastructure. I'm also a noob with Thaumcraft and Agrarian Skies helped me learn some basics, and now I'm full blown into that quest line here. I like the setup so far because when I get tired of Thaumcraft, I can switch to the tech line and vice versa and this keeps my interest peaked.
If you want interest. Well Ill tell you something then. In this new update I spent a long time working on the Tech of Greg questline alone. In terms of it went form 2 quests in the questline to now over 20, so ya you will be busy with gregtech for along time. The GregTech questline last quest is Full Quantum armor. So ya you will definitely be playing a while to get to quantum and build a fun infrastructure! Also I plan on still adding questlines for like Steve's Carts and many of the other mods! My goal is to have this modpack have more quests then Agrarian Skies but also have quests that don't involve you to wait forever. Like I will have a few quests like that. But I don't plan on having many (Maybe one questline just for that, like For the Hoarding, but thats it!)

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Do we need to do anything to see the update in the FTB launcher or are we still just waiting?

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Do we need to do anything to see the update in the FTB launcher or are we still just waiting?
We are still waiting right now. The update is suppose to be up today, so when it does go live it will be the recommend version and should update automatically. From my experience I notice that they tend to upload later in the evening around 10-11 (at least for me that is) so ya wait another few hours and it should be up!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
What will mine uranium ore from IC? Sorry, but Im still trying to learn/understand the tool tweaks/levels.