Version 1.4.5 FINAL - Mysterious Book O'Tech [1.6.4] {Tech/GregTech} {RPG} {HQM/Quest} {Hardcore}

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad I helped (with "vanilla" I actually meant Gregtech).
And why add Morph? Unless he changed something, it's unballenced (kill a bat and get creative flight).
The reason morph is in because being able to go smaller and all is nice an the bat creative flight is disabled. Flight in general has been disabled. I did that on purpose because yes it is extremely unbalanced. Thanks for all the input!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
On start, I see the message "This server doesn't have HQM Mode Enabled". Questing also is disabled.

I had downloaded v 1.1. Created a new SSP world, played a few hours and closed out. Went back in and HQM and questing are both disabled. Also my minimap is cleared.

Since I didn't enable cheats, not even opening to lan with cheats on seems to allow me to enable HQM. I can enable the quest again, so I can play until the update comes out.

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Same crash this time around. http://pastebin.com/u1pK1LVd
I haven't gotten that error before and I am unaware as to why that would be happening. I never had issues with better dungeons. But I will look into it and try to fix it! Thanks for the notice. As a side note tho do you have Java on your computer and everything necessary to run minecraft?

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten that error before and I am unaware as to why that would be happening. I never had issues with better dungeons. But I will look into it and try to fix it! Thanks for the notice. As a side note tho do you have Java on your computer and everything necessary to run minecraft?
Oh, I got it working. I just had to remove Better Dungeons though.

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
On start, I see the message "This server doesn't have HQM Mode Enabled". Questing also is disabled.

I had downloaded v 1.1. Created a new SSP world, played a few hours and closed out. Went back in and HQM and questing are both disabled. Also my minimap is cleared.

Since I didn't enable cheats, not even opening to lan with cheats on seems to allow me to enable HQM. I can enable the quest again, so I can play until the update comes out.
The problem with the HQM mode is I forgot to disable edit mode when I uploaded the pack. This is what is causing the error with HQM mode not enabled. The next release all of this should be fixed! Thanks for the heads up tho.[DOUBLEPOST=1402199923][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, I got it working. I just had to remove Better Dungeons though.
I am reinstalling the modpack atm from the launcher and seeing if I get the same error myself, we will see :p Still tho thanks for the post its very helpful! Also actually can you post the entire log like even when the game is loading not just the error!

Edit: I just tested it and I am no able to recreate the problem for some reason but I will defiently keep the problem in mind and try to see if I can fix it!

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Spent the last few hours working on quests! The Tech of Greg questline is now complete (will probably still change down the road) Also added on more quest to the Time to Farm questline. Finally, I added more reward bag options so now you have a bigger and better variety. Please remember tho the quests right now are to have a complete working questline. I will, once I complete the rest, be going back and maybe adding a quest or two. Basically, right now I am creating a proof of concept for the quests and with user feedback can create an amazing questline! Thanks for all the support this far already guys!!!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Still having fun so far. I changed the entry for editing the quests and made a new world and all is working great. I think that perhaps the quest difficulty ramps a little fast and is missing an early/early-mid game transition. This is perhaps caused by the block/ingot crafting mechanics and the crafting recipes of some basic vanilla items. Perhaps its just I'm learning why so many seem to hate Gregtech.

In the mining iron quest, I used a creeper head and the pickaxe will mine iron but I can't submit it to complete the quest?

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Still having fun so far. I changed the entry for editing the quests and made a new world and all is working great. I think that perhaps the quest difficulty ramps a little fast and is missing an early/early-mid game transition. This is perhaps caused by the block/ingot crafting mechanics and the crafting recipes of some basic vanilla items. Perhaps its just I'm learning why so many seem to hate Gregtech.

In the mining iron quest, I used a creeper head and the pickaxe will mine iron but I can't submit it to complete the quest?
Yes the difficulty curve does sky rocket very quickly and that was my original idea behind it. I wanted the pack to be very hard and challenging, also you are correct in saying this is why so many hate gregtech :p For the mining iron quest tho, did you use a full iron pickaxe (head, binding and rod)? Cause if you didn't thats why it won't let you submit it. But I am still going to look into it myself. Thanks for the info!

Edit: So I looked into the quest and for the copper pick it must be a zombie head. I know a creeper head will work too, however because there is no way to differentiate the two from being the same item I had to choose which one to make it and I went zombie!

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes the difficulty curve does sky rocket very quickly and that was my original idea behind it. I wanted the pack to be very hard and challenging, also you are correct in saying this is why so many hate gregtech :p For the mining iron quest tho, did you use a full iron pickaxe (head, binding and rod)? Cause if you didn't thats why it won't let you submit it. But I am still going to look into it myself. Thanks for the info!

Edit: So I looked into the quest and for the copper pick it must be a zombie head. I know a creeper head will work too, however because there is no way to differentiate the two from being the same item I had to choose which one to make it and I went zombie!

Cool, good to know. Yea, I had a full copper pick, once I find some more lava so I can melt down my copper blocks (didn't know they couldn't be smelted back to ingots like iron) I'll repair my pick and try again. If not, I'll work on getting that zombie head!

Thanks again for the pack, its definitely challenging me :)

Edit: So I have made a new copper pick, put in the zombie head, still won't accept it. What am I doing wrong?

http://imgur.com/lDMdQz9

Edit: Also, it didn't recognize me crafting the iron capped wooden wand.

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, good to know. Yea, I had a full copper pick, once I find some more lava so I can melt down my copper blocks (didn't know they couldn't be smelted back to ingots like iron) I'll repair my pick and try again. If not, I'll work on getting that zombie head!

Thanks again for the pack, its definitely challenging me :)

Edit: So I have made a new copper pick, put in the zombie head, still won't accept it. What am I doing wrong?

http://imgur.com/lDMdQz9

Edit: Also, it didn't recognize me crafting the iron capped wooden wand.

The Iron Capped wooden wand I have to fix. I just realized why it doesn't work, it was creative spawned. (I didn't make that questline) And for the pickaxe it should be working but why it isn't I am unsure right now. I had the problem before because it was creative spawned but I fixed the issue by creating it by hand. Not sure. Can you try to spawn in a copper pick from creative and put a zombie head on it and then see if it works?

Edit: How did you put the zombie head on? Through the Tool station or just using the crafting table?

Edit 2: I checked and if you add the zombie head through the Tool Station it doesn't work but if you add it through the crafting table it does work, so try that!

Last edited:

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I used the tool station for both of mine. Didn't know you could add them in the crafting table. I tried it that way and it didn't work. I used the cheaty book to move on and so far have completed the bronze quest successfully.

What will mine redstone as it is a serious roadblock early? Bronze pick with ender head....

Made the all bronze pick and added the ender head in the crafting table and the quest wont accept it.

Last edited:

Zodsmar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I used the tool station for both of mine. Didn't know you could add them in the crafting table. I tried it that way and it didn't work. I used the cheaty book to move on and so far have completed the bronze quest successfully.

What will mine redstone as it is a serious roadblock early? Bronze pick with ender head....

Made the all bronze pick and added the ender head in the crafting table and the quest wont accept it.
Try to cheat in a Full Bronze pick through NEI (not the parts but the actual full pick) and add an ender head using the crafting table and tell me if that works!

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is the S&S reward the only one in the pack because it's the only one I have gotten out of 9 quests so far.