Using AE crafting with LP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have connected my AE and LP networks and have been using the remote orderer with an ender chest. However, I cannot request items I can craft with my AE network. Is there anyway to do this

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I have connected my AE and LP networks and have been using the remote orderer with an ender chest. However, I cannot request items I can craft with my AE network. Is there anyway to do this
Ae can read LP but not the other way around

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
if you know what you want to request often then have an interface keep it in stock and put a supplier on it, it will be able to pull from it and it will get automatically recrafted

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Put a Provider Logistics Pipe (*not* a Chassis Pipe with a Provider Module) and a Request Logistics Pipe on your ME Interface. That should give complete access in both directions. Requests made from the LP networks should be correctly routed to the ME network.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Put a Provider Logistics Pipe (*not* a Chassis Pipe with a Provider Module) and a Request Logistics Pipe on your ME Interface. That should give complete access in both directions.

I don't think that actually works. There is a ticket for this integration on the LP github somewhere (don't remember exactly where) and the consencus is that right now it is simply not possible to use the crafting of AE remotely from an LP remote orderer.

I may be mistaken though.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm....this restriction only applies to crafted items? I.e. you can access items stored in the ME network but not craft with it? I've seen the access to stored items work in a video yesterday (and soon I'll see if it works in my world), and requests from the network shouldn't be different dependent on whether an item needs to be crafted. Only the internal processing should be different, and that should not depend on the origin of the request.

(Caveat: I may be mistaken, it was a very short sequence in the video)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hmm....this restriction only applies to crafted items? I.e. you can access items stored in the ME network but not craft with it? I've seen the access to stored items work in a video yesterday (and soon I'll see if it works in my world), and requests from the network shouldn't be different dependent on whether an item needs to be crafted. Only the internal processing should be different, and that should not depend on the origin of the request.

(Caveat: I may be mistaken, it was a very short sequence in the video)

Yes, remotely ordering items through LP remote orderer from AE system works fine. I use this a lot when I'm exploring. It is just crafting that doesn't work.

The problem is that the remote orderer from LP only shows items that are actually available in the AE system. Not items that are craftable but not available.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
the problem is that AE will hapily start crafting while not all required resources are available while LP requires all resources to be available before it starts crafting, this can create problems when you use both systems and LP then needs to wait until AE can craft when it needed and potentially block indefinately

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Well, that's unpleasant, but the only crafted items I regularly remote order while exploring are torches. I guess I can live with having one more LP autocrafter left. I'll leave some anyway since AE hasn't got LP's liquid support. The only other case where I'd need an unexpected crafted item remotely is when trading with villagers, but I suspect I wouldn't have a pattern for those items anyway.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well, that's unpleasant, but the only crafted items I regularly remote order while exploring are torches. I guess I can live with having one more LP autocrafter left. I'll leave some anyway since AE hasn't got LP's liquid support. The only other case where I'd need an unexpected crafted item remotely is when trading with villagers, but I suspect I wouldn't have a pattern for those items anyway.

Actually AE supports liquids with the ExtraCells addon but I haven't tried it yet and I also don't know if LP integrates well with that.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
LP can read what's in an AE system via interface, can it not? This is how we achieved interdimensional AE before we had quantum singularity technology.