Up to 9000

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4648. Still having a blast on Regrowth. Got my first TiCon smeltery up and running; did something I've never done before, and actually used Buildcraft waterproof pipes to pump liquid metal into a casting basin. I also discovered (or at least I think I did) that certain trees grow differently if you grow them on garden soil. I couldn't figure out why my Witchery trees kept coming up small with skinny trunks, and I think I just worked it out this morning. Need to get into Forestry next, and get a Carpenter up and running...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4650. Yeah, but thankfully I figured it out in the end. Managed to build up a healthy supply of Witchery saplings now, so fuming them off in my Witches Oven to get the various things I need for the seeds - got lapis seeds and glowstone seeds, and am going to aim for redstone seeds next. I didn't get any technical infrastructure in place yet though - no Forestry machines.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4652. Alas magic can't do everything! :) Its weird that the Carpenter with creosote is needed to make the Bloomery Furnace, but its a nice example of inter-mod interaction, that you see reflected more recently in things like Age of Engineering.

Reactions: triggerfinger12

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4654. Quite probably ;) going to have a bash at some more essences and maybe even their seeds in Regrowth if I get on it tonight. I've actually written myself a list so I don't get as sidetracked as usual.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4656. Turns out, writing a To Do list before embarking on a session of Regrowth works quite well to keep me focussed and on task. There was still some pfaffing, but overall it was much more productive!

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
4656 I've found that the things that I end up liking the most are the ones I do while I'm sidetracked :D I end up thinking "Man, I really wish I had such and such" so I look it up. I decide It's within my reach, and start working on it. In the process, I end up needing a machine that I wasn't expecting. But I keep my eye on the prize. I make the thing, and it ends up that I needed the machine twenty minutes later to do the original thing I was working on!

Reactions: Robijnvogel

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4656 I've found that the things that I end up liking the most are the ones I do while I'm sidetracked :D I end up thinking "Man, I really wish I had such and such" so I look it up. I decide It's within my reach, and start working on it. In the process, I end up needing a machine that I wasn't expecting. But I keep my eye on the prize. I make the thing, and it ends up that I needed the machine twenty minutes later to do the original thing I was working on!
I do like it when that happens! I ended up making the seasonal runes from Botania on a whim (wasn't on my list of quests to complete last night, though I knew it was a quest), which turned out to have been a good idea based on what was going to need some of those later.

I want to try and get the Bloomery Furnace up and running, and if I can get the Blast Furnace going too. Its going to be a stretch, but hopefully if I can get all the way to Steel tonight, I'll be happy.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
4661. Yes indeed! Patience I can do, definitely. Except when it comes to waiting for mystical flowers to crossbreed, because that's taking an inexplicably long time! I've waiting ages for the blue and yellow to make the green, and for the blue and cactus to make the black.