Unleashed, turning off cave ambients.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trond007

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a Vanilla thing or is there a way to turn off the cave ambients. I don't like the scary sounds, I want the atmosphere to be more children friendly :)

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
The noises such as the violin screech are vanilla. They're played occasionally when near areas mobs can spawn (eg, hidden caves that you haven't dug your way into yet).

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually large (3x3x3 i think?) spaces of air with 0 light.

You could have a huge room with the floor and walls perfectly lit with torches and still get cave sounds near the center where the light from the torches doenst reach.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When vanilla 1.7 is released you'll be able to control various categories of sound individually... Don't care for the music? Turn down the music volume. Tired of all the animal noises? turn those down. Digging noises bugging you? You get the idea.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft hasn't given modders any incentive with their new base changes. I'll tell you, 1.7.X will be a veritable nightmare.
pff every patch is a nightmare for modders nowadays, mojang should just get their shit together, either add interesting things to minecraft or let the modders do it..

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Delete these files.

\FTB\Unleashed\minecraft\resources\newsound\ambient\cave

Should work. It might re-download the files, however, in which case you could just corrupt them so that they don't play any sound at all. Which might also cause them to re-download.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Delete these files.

\FTB\Unleashed\minecraft\resources\newsound\ambient\cave

Should work. It might re-download the files, however, in which case you could just corrupt them so that they don't play any sound at all. Which might also cause them to re-download.
I don't think it forces you to re-download the files (luckily).

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it forces you to re-download the files (luckily).
It did when they changed the sounds way back when (changed bow sounds, doors, etc). When you tried to edit the files, i.e. swap with the old ones, it would redownload very quickly.

Trond007

Jul 29, 2019
pff every patch is a nightmare for modders nowadays, mojang should just get their shit together, either add interesting things to minecraft or let the modders do it..
Precisely. The game will wie fast without mods. Minecraft is just good for building cities, statues and other cool stuff.

About editing the sound files, yes they will be re-downloaded.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Maybe it's possible to create empty files with the same names and make them read-only?