Unleashed 1.1.3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked the change log for unleashed it shows various updates but I can't see any changes in the launcher even tried forcing an update.

Am I doing something wrong?

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: I installed GT and advanced machines into my unleashed pack. Will I lose those when the pack gets updated? Or is there a way to keep them?

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
When I upgraded mine to the latest as I have GT installed as well it removed it for me but just drop them back into the mods folder again. I did all this before opening my worlds.

But always do backups before you do any upgrades.

Better safe that sorry

Reactions: Flipz

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
When I upgraded mine to the latest as I have GT installed as well it removed it for me but just drop them back into the mods folder again. I did all this before opening my worlds.

But always do backups before you do any upgrades.

Better safe that sorry

This.

I cannot overemphasize how important it is to ALWAYS backup worlds before updating. Great, great advice, sir. ;)

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes when I read that people lose the worlds they have been playing on for months upon months I just think do you not know how to copy paste a folder. Lol

With regards to the mod pack size I'm unsure as ATM as I'm at work and I don't believe the changelog has changed yet.

Has it updated?

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet looks like I got some new toys to play with once this horrid nightshift is over

Roll on Vikestep with the change log.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
So 1.1.3 is on the launcher but not in the server download page, it does however seem to be accessible from the launchers "download server" button....what are FTB up to....or have i caught it in the middle of the update?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Hoff: Hats mod existed in 1.1.2.
Skullywag: Just a sneak preview, I'm sure, for those of us who want the lastest bleeding-edge. Once it's polished up they'll push it into Recommended. Or they might realize it was a horrible idea and skip right into 1.1.4.
Whatever the case, I haven't noticed anything horribly wrong with it. It does fix the BoP Unnamed and missing textures problem. I did notice a missing texture on a mystcraft page, but it might just be an isolated instance.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
And since hats mod has been added it amounts to roughly half of the download size of unleashed.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
The comment was "the download [of 1.1.3] is over twice the size of 1.1.2"
You suggested it was the Hats mod, but the Hats mod already existed in 1.1.2, so unless it was greatly expanded between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, it would not double the size.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The comment was "the download [of 1.1.3] is over twice the size of 1.1.2"
You suggested it was the Hats mod, but the Hats mod already existed in 1.1.2, so unless it was greatly expanded between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3, it would not double the size.
Don't doubt the arbitrary BS iChun likes to add.

Bob_Sack

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if 1.1.3 fixes the permgen crashes lots of people are having? Or is editing the startup script just gonna be a thing from here on out?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Anyone know if 1.1.3 fixes the permgen crashes lots of people are having? Or is editing the startup script just gonna be a thing from here on out?
Ever since playing modded minecraft it should have been a "thing." Most mods intensify the needs of minecraft many times over from vanilla.

E: That came off a bit rude. Don't take it the wrong way it's just part of modded minecraft at this point.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019

ALL permgen issues are fixed by upping the amount of RAM you let JAVA use in this regard (its a flag you add to your startup script). Have a look around Ive posted on this subject a few times myself. However if youre stating why cant FTB up it themselves in the script that comes with the packs then the answer is I dont know, theres probably a reason.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Did the Nether Just get really Hard?
Seems like everything is hitting me for a six!
And not sure if its FTB pack or Mod itself but is anyone else getting Energiszed Glowstone (when placed on the ground) heading for the sky?

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Energized glowstone does that, hence the upside down bucket (if you bucket it). Makes for interesting lighting techniques.