Unleashed 1.1.3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
ALL permgen issues are fixed by upping the amount of RAM you let JAVA use in this regard (its a flag you add to your startup script). Have a look around Ive posted on this subject a few times myself. However if youre stating why cant FTB up it themselves in the script that comes with the packs then the answer is I dont know, theres probably a reason.

This is actually incorrect. RAM allocated and PermGen allocated are two separate and distinct settings and must be edited as such. Also, these settings very much depend on your PC specifications, so writing a generic script may actually adversely affect performance for some people. Although, granted, this is less of an issue with RAM\PermGen, the FTB Team don't know how much RAM everyone that could possibly download their packs has, what Java version etc.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
This is actually incorrect. RAM allocated and PermGen allocated are two separate and distinct settings and must be edited as such. Also, these settings very much depend on your PC specifications, so writing a generic script may actually adversely affect performance for some people. Although, granted, this is less of an issue with RAM\PermGen, the FTB Team don't know how much RAM everyone that could possibly download their packs has, what Java version etc.

No youre wrong. "in this regard" as in "in terms of ram allocated to permgen", I also stated its a separate flag. I know how this works my startup script has been heavily tailored for my server (I know a bit about Java startups). Make sure you properly read a post before posting yourself ;)

for clarities sake:
Code:
-XX:PermSize=128m
seems to work perfectly for me on unleashed but I have other cleanups and flags set that could make mine a little more efficient but 128m should be plenty.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
No youre wrong. "in this regard" as in "in terms of ram allocated to permgen", I also stated its a separate flag. I know how this works my startup script has been heavily tailored for my server (I know a bit about Java startups). Make sure you properly read a post before posting yourself ;)

While both you and I know that its a different flag, the original post was kinda ambiguous and could lead to confusion to anyone who wasn't aware of this. Was just trying to make it clear for those who weren't aware of this, apologies for any offence caused.