unknown aspect?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have gotten a good way through the research on thaumcraft 4.1, and have a mana bean farm up and running. I have 50 aspects currently known, and i came across an unknown aspect amongst the mana beans. The mana bean color is periwinkle (light purplish blue) if that helps anyone id it. I am not sure what it could be. Does anyone have any idea on what the 51st aspect is? I am running the MF2 pack which has thaumcraft and thaumic tinkerer included.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Eat the mana bean. It gives you a research point for that aspect so you can discover aspects by eating them. Just put all your stuff in a chest beforehand.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
It is likely Aurum (Praecantio+Aer) or maybe Vitium (Praecantio+Perdito). Both are hard to come by when scanning, Aurum pretty much only exists in essences dropped by destroying a node or killing a wisp and Vitium requires scanning things in a taint biome.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that at first, but I already know both aurum (aura) and vitium (taint). Aurum is a pinkish, and vitium is dark purple.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is forbidden magic in MF2?

I don't think so.

I found it. It is Tempus. Added by magic bees. That's why none of the research I have done so far has seen the extra aspect... I haven't research any of the magic bee stuff yet. I went through the aspect list in the 4.05 guide, and eventually found it.

BTW, I'm not sure if eating the mana beans still gives research points. I tried eating a few beans, and didn't get any research points. Might this have changed in 4.1?