Windows .exe Unable to download the modpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
Everything worked fine for me yesterday. Today however, there was a new version of launcher and I updated and now I get the same shit as everyone else.
Whatever the problem is, it's nothing to do with me, my computer or my internet. This is a launcher problem.

Candyman711

Jul 29, 2019
Talk to your manager/isp, that is some serious issues, you'll notice it can effect web page loading, etc.
i still find it odd that it only is effecting downloads on this particular site, and i ran that test again and its says i only lost 4% loss of 150 Sent to repo.creeperhost.net. But Thanks for the advice anyways

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to update the launcher but still no luck. Could we at least get an alternate download for the config pack, because the modpack download really seem messed up if you have a bad connection.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to update the launcher but still no luck. Could we at least get an alternate download for the config pack, because the modpack download really seem messed up if you have a bad connection.

If it just closes the launcher after you hit update can you please check to see if there is a UpdateTemp folder?

If so you just drag and replace the old launcher

=)

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
If it just closes the launcher after you hit update can you please check to see if there is a UpdateTemp folder?

If so you just drag and replace the old launcher

=)
No, the launcher update fine, it is the damn modpack that refuse to download completely, no matter what I do. That what I want to know if someone could give me at least the configs (as I understand you can't redistribute the whole modpack) and I will download the mods myself

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
As the configs are a part of FTB we will not be giving them out through another link.

Start fresh.
New Download(In sig)
Put in fresh folder.
Launch it.
Sign in.

Should work if it doesn't please add a crash log.

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
As the configs are a part of FTB we will not be giving them out through another link.

Start fresh.
New Download(In sig)
Put in fresh folder.
Launch it.
Sign in.

Should work if it doesn't please add a crash log.
It does not work for me T_T I already tried that 3 times with both the .jar and .exe, and each time in a new folder but the modpack download still stop halfway (precisely around 10701Kb). There not really an error log to post cause their is no error, the launcher go and launch minecraft fine, except it is vanilla, with only Forge and no mods.
Here the log (but like I said, no errors appear on it) : http://pastebin.com/7cfHjxfX

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
Little bump here. When I saw the message on the hosting server problem i first though that the kind of issues I'm having where getting worked on but I sadly discovered that I'm still unable to get the modpack... This really sucks, it is not fair to get penalized twice because your internet connection is too damn slow

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you could get your hands on another computer, download and install the FTB launcher there then trying to copy it to your computer and see if runs then?

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance you could get your hands on another computer, download and install the FTB launcher there then trying to copy it to your computer and see if runs then?
Tried it with another computer but it is still not working. This thing is starting to drive me crazy, the FTB pack is now out for almost a week and trying everyday since then I still haven't be able to try it.... Why not upload it to a mirror or something like that, because right now anybody who has a bad connection could as well get the launcher to say "screw you"

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Tried it with another computer but it is still not working. This thing is starting to drive me crazy, the FTB pack is now out for almost a week and trying everyday since then I still haven't be able to try it.... Why not upload it to a mirror or something like that, because right now anybody who has a bad connection could as well get the launcher to say "screw you"
Have you tried my trouble shooting steps? You can find them in the link in my signature, the HERE link.

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried my trouble shooting steps? You can find them in the link in my signature, the HERE link.
Yes I did... two times in a row. But I'm pretty sure it is the host server kicking me because my connection is too slow because when i tried to download it with my regular web browser using the link that appear in the launcher's console it stops too.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I fully agree, if i didn't believe it was against the rules i'd upload the files myself. But then the FTB team would probably have provided mirrors themselves.
You could always ask the people at creeperhost.net about help, they seem like quite nice people so i'm sure they'll try to help somehow.

Candyman711

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the FTB launcher today, and it downloaded all the mods very quickly, im so glad that i can finally play FTB. i don't know what changed because before it would only go about half way then launch vanilla Minecraft. So If your having troubles i would try the launcher again it worked for me.

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried the FTB launcher today, and it downloaded all the mods very quickly, im so glad that i can finally play FTB. i don't know what changed because before it would only go about half way then launch vanilla Minecraft. So If your having troubles i would try the launcher again it worked for me.
Still no luck... :sadface:
I fully agree, if i didn't believe it was against the rules i'd upload the files myself. But then the FTB team would probably have provided mirrors themselves.
You could always ask the people at creeperhost.net about help, they seem like quite nice people so i'm sure they'll try to help somehow.
You can't redistribute the pack as you don't have authorization from the mods authors. But I you could provide me a copy of the configs file, I don't think it is against the rules (correct me if i'm wrong) and that would make me able to download the mods myself and have FTB ID compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.