Ultimate thaumcraft Build

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I did make a Silverwood Wand with Charged Thaumium Caps with a Frugal III Portable Hole Foci on it. But the Frugal III doesn't affect the vis cost for crafting. I swapped the very same wand into the table, with and without the focus, and the cost stayed the same regardless. I got lower vis cost by using a Silverwood Sceptre with Charged Thaumium caps instead.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but so you know, it is not currently possible to make a staff of the primal with void metal caps using base thaumcraft. The best you can do is thaumium caps. It will require the use of an add-on in order to get enough vis to craft it. The ichorium wand (thaumic tinkerer), mercurial wand (advanced thaumaturgy), or infernal/tainted scepter (forbidden magic) are required in order to craft this. It is not possible otherwise.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but so you know, it is not currently possible to make a staff of the primal with void metal caps using base thaumcraft. The best you can do is thaumium caps. It will require the use of an add-on in order to get enough vis to craft it. The ichorium wand (thaumic tinkerer), mercurial wand (advanced thaumaturgy), or infernal/tainted scepter (forbidden magic) are required in order to craft this. It is not possible otherwise.
Thank you. I guess I'll play around more then before adding the addons.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You can put the enderchest right next to the crystallizer and it will properly input into the chest over dropping them into the world, So you don't need to lag the server by spawning + dropping an item and having the world interaction upgrade check the entities above it.

If you don't believe me reread the description of the thing

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use a Silverwood wand with Charged Thaumium Caps, and a wand focus that has frugal 3 on it, + your thaumcraft robes to get the cost down. Make sure the focus does not have potency on it too. Potency increases the cost where frugal decreases it.

It is worth pointing out that sometime before TC 4.2.3.2, the bug where enchantments would effect arcane workbench crafting vis requirements was fixed.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
I have the beginnings of something similar. I've thought about expanding it to be more in function with yours though. A couple differences that I've thought about is to run the essentia in two levels. Each level would be a different essentia, so instead of stacking the two jars, I would go deep with them instead. The front jar would be labelled, while the "overflow" jars behind them would be unlabeled. All of this would be on a filtered essentia tube, so only the specific essentia would fill the unlabeled jars. This would allow me to have the front most jar around the altar always as full, as essentia would be pulled out of the overflow jars as needed to keep the front one topped off. I could place a void jar as the last on the primal essentia. Once the main jars and overflow jars are filled, the rest would be sent through centrifuges as necessary, and looped back through the system until only primal essentia remained. The only downside to a setup like this would be getting the essentia needed for alchemy. I would probably skip the primal void jars and automatic centrifuge, and instead, send them to a crystalizer and manually centrifuge them as needed. This would let me generate the crystalized essentia needed for alchemy.

I'm going to play around with the eager/greedy chests from automagy and see if they will allow the control I want. If I can keep a stack of crystalized essentia (of each type) and send the rest onwards to distillation and centrifuging, I will likely do that.

Instead of feeding the jars directly as below, I would just add the filtered essentia tube to feed the jar sets.
Interested to see your final setup. Struggling with this essentia tube madness, so anything that would help would be great. I refuse to believe essentia tubes can only be regulated to small operations. I want the crazy pipe network and fire all the golems. Golems are fine, but I prefer tubes for storage. Looks cooler.

Simtim

Jul 29, 2019
Interested to see your final setup. Struggling with this essentia tube madness, so anything that would help would be great. I refuse to believe essentia tubes can only be regulated to small operations. I want the crazy pipe network and fire all the golems. Golems are fine, but I prefer tubes for storage. Looks cooler.
Lol our system IS a large setup using 0 golems. Granted it does require Thaumic Tinker for the Transvector Interface. However we handle all 48 essences, storage, and overflow without the use of a single golem. However in the newer updates of Thaumcraft there are changes made to the essentia buffer that allow you to once again pump all your essentia out via one pipe so this setup will change once we update to that version ^.^

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
After some toying around with essentia distillation and storage setups, I've to agree that golems are much better than tubes for it.

The buffer tubes that Yusunoha recommended me works fine till you are trying to bulk process. The transfer rate is abysmally slow.

The golems are a whole lot faster.

But this is from a novice thaumaturge's experience.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
After some toying around with essentia distillation and storage setups, I've to agree that golems are much better than tubes for it.

The buffer tubes that Yusunoha recommended me works fine till you are trying to bulk process. The transfer rate is abysmally slow.

The golems are a whole lot faster.

But this is from a novice thaumaturge's experience.

I'm actually toying with a few ideas. Automagy (I think) has seals that can basically create "ender" jars to share the same essentia among several locations. These have a lower suction than labeled jars. If the suction value plays nicely, I will have a labeled jar, a regular jar, and an "ender" jar to automatically fill up the other two. This same jar seal network will be used for various automatic alchemy stations to produce items as needed. This should eliminate the need for multiple setups.

I will still have my main loop for normal and slow paced essential processing. The bulk stuff will be provided by other alchemical furnaces and sent through the jar seal network to refill my infusion processes first, then onto other uses as the system fills up. I won't actually use seals for all the types of essentia. Only the ones that will be needed in bulk, or in alchemy. For centrifuging, I plan on having 2 or 4 centrifuges fed by a single buffer. Leading up the that buffer will be labeled void jars of primal essentia. The primals should never make it to these void jars, but if I goof somewhere along the line, I don't want the centrifuges to get backed up because I accidentally thew ignis instead of infernus into the centrifuge feeding furnace.

I'm just about done getting enough soul aspects from the cursed blade to set up a necromancy tablet for mob summoning. I'm on a server, so the slower summoning speed shouldn't matter as much. I'm not sure if I will use liquid death, golems, or a simple drop farm for the mobs, but I will play around and see what works best. I plan on a cow farm for the tutamen. a charcoal farm for the potentia, and a netherwart farm for the praecantatio needed to create runic shielding en masse. The tutamen will be the difficult portion of this.

I've also toyed with the idea of the voidmetal vis storage for the bulk stuff as it will hold 256 vis each instead of just 64 for the jars. Can anyone confirm if you can infusion craft with the vis in these voidmetal containers?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually toying with a few ideas. Automagy (I think) has seals that can basically create "ender" jars to share the same essentia among several locations. These have a lower suction than labeled jars. If the suction value plays nicely, I will have a labeled jar, a regular jar, and an "ender" jar to automatically fill up the other two. This same jar seal network will be used for various automatic alchemy stations to produce items as needed. This should eliminate the need for multiple setups.

I will still have my main loop for normal and slow paced essential processing. The bulk stuff will be provided by other alchemical furnaces and sent through the jar seal network to refill my infusion processes first, then onto other uses as the system fills up. I won't actually use seals for all the types of essentia. Only the ones that will be needed in bulk, or in alchemy. For centrifuging, I plan on having 2 or 4 centrifuges fed by a single buffer. Leading up the that buffer will be labeled void jars of primal essentia. The primals should never make it to these void jars, but if I goof somewhere along the line, I don't want the centrifuges to get backed up because I accidentally thew ignis instead of infernus into the centrifuge feeding furnace.

I'm just about done getting enough soul aspects from the cursed blade to set up a necromancy tablet for mob summoning. I'm on a server, so the slower summoning speed shouldn't matter as much. I'm not sure if I will use liquid death, golems, or a simple drop farm for the mobs, but I will play around and see what works best. I plan on a cow farm for the tutamen. a charcoal farm for the potentia, and a netherwart farm for the praecantatio needed to create runic shielding en masse. The tutamen will be the difficult portion of this.

I've also toyed with the idea of the voidmetal vis storage for the bulk stuff as it will hold 256 vis each instead of just 64 for the jars. Can anyone confirm if you can infusion craft with the vis in these voidmetal containers?

I've never really gotten that essentia storage of 256 to work properly.
if it's the only container in a line, it'll accept essentia just fine, but if there's another contain in the same line, it just stops accepting essentia, even when the other container is full

Reactions: MigukNamja

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
if it's the only container in a line, it'll accept essentia just fine, but if there's another contain in the same line, it just stops accepting essentia, even when the other container is full

Thanks, that is good to know. I was playing around with it in creative, and with a suction of 24, it would be hard to integrate well with jars.

I finally found a nice place to build my new base. I have been hunting for one of the eldritch gateways that would spawn guardians. I finally found one that wasn't in a desert biome. :) I've also come up with a proof of concept for an automatic refill system using the redcrystal from automagy. It allows me to repeat a vertical AND gate. Hooking up a timer to one input of the AND gate, and a remote comparator on the essentia jar, to the other, allows for a hopper to pull out 1 essentia crystal at a time to send into the alchemical furnace to automatically refill the jars. When the jar fills up, the the signal is turned off, and any excess essentia simply gets turned back into crystals again.

2015-01-17_14.10.27.png
Because the torches are right next to each other, there is a bit of extra pulsing of the adjacent torches, but the redstone torches at ground level isolate the signal and prevent it from randomly triggering the torches under the hoppers.

2015-01-17_14.16.25.png

This was another little test of mine to see if I could hide the redstone behind a block and make a clean looking build. A redstone signal on either cobblestone block will turn off the hopper.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
2015-01-19_05.44.08.png
The setup is what I used. Just ignore the creative jar I've used in the picture. In my SSP world, I use the same setup except that I've a void jar in place of the creative jar.

Edit: A better view of the setup.
2015-01-19_05.48.51.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The setup is what I used. Just ignore the creative jar I've used in the picture. In my SSP world, I use the same setup except that I've a void jar in place of the creative jar.

Edit: A better view of the setup.

Ahh.. I see. You have a restriction tube on the void jar which cuts down the suction from 32 to 16. Still, there is only 1 void jar per line. This may work for what I need. It will just take a few more buffers. If I throw in these in instead of jars, in the space I have, it would give me enough essentia to make it to make it to level 8 of runic shielding if I were to fill it up completely. It would take a while to get there though.

I have most of the basic components on my new altar setup in place. I ran out of vis several times while I was crafting all the components. I still don't have the filtered essentia tubes in everywhere I want yet. For the time being, I am just looping the essentia through to a set of void jars (primals) and then to a centrifuge to break down into the simpler components automatically. Instead of eventually using a crystalizer, I think I will set up a few automated alchemy stations for the various items I want to make, and just loop my essentia tubes through the workshop before heading to the centrifuge. This way, the infusion altar location is filled up first, and then sent to fill up all my automated alchemy jars. Once these various stations are filled, it won't matter then if all the essentia is broken down into the primals, as I won't have a use for it after that.

I just have to create a few more automated pieces. Right now, I still have to throw things into the alchemical furnace manually. I really want to set up my energized node to recharge my crafting wand, but I need to plan out a bit more of my base first before I can put it in place. (I've actually captured a bright node and don't want to waste it.) The buffer below the centrifuge is necessary. Without it, the centrifuge can pull essentia out that should end up in the jars instead. The new buffers are really, really nice. This kind of setup wouldn't have been possible previously.

I'm not really sure I like all the greatwood planks, but this was a large build, and I didn't have a lot of cobblestone. Since I had a Hoe of Growth and an Axe of the Stream, it was easy to get. I haven't automated a wood farm yet.
2015-01-18_17.32.41.png

Edit: There is a 17x17 square full of candles just below the altar. 288 of them to be exact. I don't think I will have a problem with stability.

The very slow and very small alchemical furnace powering it all. I will scale this up a bit to handle automation. I just got my 4th eldritch eye, and will be heading out to the outer lands soon and get a primordial pearl needed for the really big furnace. I will probably need a few more centrifuges as well to keep up with demand.
2015-01-18_17.33.42.png

The tiny thaumium golem. I purposely kept the room 2 blocks high to make sure that the wisp couldn't end up out of reach of the golem.
2015-01-18_18.18.54.png

The little golem does quite well taking care of the wisps. He only loses 1-2 health during the battle. The little fez helps him regenerate that much faster. I will need to duplicate this setup a few times to get it all working well. I'm not sure if the necromancy tablet requires a player present in order to spawn mobs. I'll get a few of these chunk loaded and find out. :D I'll probably end up with a cow, pig and chicken spawner in the mix as well. Triple Meat Treats for the win! (And a source of tutamen from the leather.)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
So you are pulling out of the void jar then in the second pic?
Yes for both setups.

That is what I have in my SSP world.
I'm using this setup to prepare for the essentia needed for runic shielding. Rank V needs like 512 potentia.

I'm using a void jar because I have a wisp spawner running 24/7 and I'm running the drops through 5 alchemical furnaces so I'm bound to have extra essentia, and I can't be arsed to micromanage to minimise the loss. :p

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, now I see it. The red ring going to the tanks. I missed that before. This might be how I accidentally ended up with a primal at the centrifuge. I've made the change to my void jars/buffers, so hopefully I won't get any more at the centrifuge.

I did some testing, and the necromancer tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer does work while off-line. I have it chunk loaded, and it works just fine. Now just to make an alumentum factory and automate the fuel source. I don't have any other main mods exept for botania in my pack (which I haven't even gotten into yet this playthrough), so I can't kill the wisps without the golems, but my infusion altar is golem free. :)

Reactions: PierceSG