Ultimate thaumcraft Build

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

simon1ace

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys ODG has the pleasure to show u a build we made made automatic alchemy with no golems at all all the jars fill with no hassle at all .
Fully automatic essence.

x2GnJxW.png

ftRHhJb.png

0h1kMvM.png

9KLTBn2.png

sWQyquC.png

zpIWTzv.png

Build Idea & Design by:
Simon1ace
Simtimzero

special thanks to flick_star for lending a hand.
Hope u all enjoy .

If u need any help in understanding the build just ask ehehe
A few more pics

ZiHa5Hd.png

HpRMCJ6.png

;)
we could install more crystallizers on the same network :p

Last edited:

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like you are using a wisp spawner to create the etherial essences. The essence is then sent to the alembics which are tied to the transvector interfaces. These have filtered essentia tubes to feed the various jars. What I can't tell is how you are dealing with the excess essentia? I don't see void jars or a centrifuge, and I don't see a crystalizer anywhere. So the question is does this fill on demand, or continually?

Reactions: simon1ace

Simtim

Jul 29, 2019
You got it right, Currently there are 4 crystallizers setup to deal with overflow, however void jars can also be installed. The crystallized essence can either be collected or dumped into a hungry node that we have out back. We can get quite a bit of storage out of this system up to probably 6-7 jars of esentia before we would run into problems with the suction system. Currently however we have two regular jars, and for the time being we installed void jars while the system gets "up to speed" producing essentia.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have the beginnings of something similar. I've thought about expanding it to be more in function with yours though. A couple differences that I've thought about is to run the essentia in two levels. Each level would be a different essentia, so instead of stacking the two jars, I would go deep with them instead. The front jar would be labelled, while the "overflow" jars behind them would be unlabeled. All of this would be on a filtered essentia tube, so only the specific essentia would fill the unlabeled jars. This would allow me to have the front most jar around the altar always as full, as essentia would be pulled out of the overflow jars as needed to keep the front one topped off. I could place a void jar as the last on the primal essentia. Once the main jars and overflow jars are filled, the rest would be sent through centrifuges as necessary, and looped back through the system until only primal essentia remained. The only downside to a setup like this would be getting the essentia needed for alchemy. I would probably skip the primal void jars and automatic centrifuge, and instead, send them to a crystalizer and manually centrifuge them as needed. This would let me generate the crystalized essentia needed for alchemy.

I'm going to play around with the eager/greedy chests from automagy and see if they will allow the control I want. If I can keep a stack of crystalized essentia (of each type) and send the rest onwards to distillation and centrifuging, I will likely do that.

Instead of feeding the jars directly as below, I would just add the filtered essentia tube to feed the jar sets.
2015-01-02_00.09.36.png

Simtim

Jul 29, 2019
Well the entire purpose of our setup is for our infusion altar. It's so we always have 128 of each essence if we ever need to do an infusion especialy with some of the higher tier thaumic tinker's stuff that requires 100+ of essences, plus... we think it looks cool like this =P and another side note if you put a void jar on the back it acts as you said, a buffer / overflow jar. Also you have to be a bit careful with the unlabeled jars. They have I believe a 48 pull, so if you get too far away from your source you wont be able to fill them. That is why we used only labeled jars. It allowed us more space to run the pipes and such.

*I would also mention that we are not using the version of thaumcraft that allows you to move essentia into jars via the essentia buffers. We are using the 1.0.3 version of the Direwolf20 pack. ^.^ so buffers work slightly different.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Not a layer of orderly candles 2 blocks under the room 0/10 would not look at for free again.

Jokes aside, this looks amazing.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
*I would also mention that we are not using the version of thaumcraft that allows you to move essentia into jars via the essentia buffers. We are using the 1.0.3 version of the Direwolf20 pack. ^.^ so buffers work slightly different.

I am very impressed then. Prior to the buffers functioning as they do in the 4.2.2.0, I didn't think it was actually possible to do this without golems. (Or a ton of redstone.) It seems that the new buffers make this very easy to do. I have it planned out to make a nice infusion room. Now, I just need to think of where I want to rebuild my base to make it work. :p

I don't think I will have an issue with the pipe length. I'll end up with a line of buffers running around the room near the jars, so the run won't be quite so long as it only counts from the buffer to the jar. I'll end up with about twice as many buffers as I have now, but that shouldn't be too hard to build.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you want your altar area to be a little bit cleaner you could use essentia mirrors to transfer essentia from the jars to the altar, but one big plus with your build is that it's actually quite easy to get some essentia of the type you need, since it's easily accessible
but dang, I pity the fool who gets stuck inbetween those pipes

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
So you have cursed under the spawners, but doesn't that spawn alot of other stuff as well seeing as the room is dark?

Other than that. Nice job, wondering how loong it took to make :p.

simon1ace

Jul 29, 2019
So you have cursed under the spawners, but doesn't that spawn alot of other stuff as well seeing as the room is dark?

Other than that. Nice job, wondering how loong it took to make :p.

not when it is directly under the spawner 1 per spawner it took 3 days more or less :p

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...running into a problem here.

Not sure if it's intended or not but I can't seem to craft a stave made of two charged void metal caps and one staff core of the primal.

I'm wearing a Goggle of Revealing and the 3 pc thaumaturge set. Using a Charged Void Metal Silverwood Sceptre. And I still need 170 vis of each primal aspect. The sceptre holds only 150. :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure if it's intended or not but I can't seem to craft a stave made of two charged void metal caps and one staff core of the primal.

I'm wearing a Goggle of Revealing and the 3 pc thaumaturge set. Using a Charged Void Metal Silverwood Sceptre. And I still need 170 vis of each primal aspect. The sceptre holds only 150. :(

you could use the sanguimancy armor from Blood Magic when crafting, as it provides a higher discount
you could also use a normal wand with a frugal 3 focus instead of a sceptre, but a wand can only hold upto 100 vis, unless you're crafting the ichor wand from Thaumic Tinkerer, that one can probably hold more.

Simtim

Jul 29, 2019

You need to use a Silverwood wand with Charged Thaumium Caps, and a wand focus that has frugal 3 on it, + your thaumcraft robes to get the cost down. Make sure the focus does not have potency on it too. Potency increases the cost where frugal decreases it.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
you could use the sanguimancy armor from Blood Magic when crafting, as it provides a higher discount
you could also use a normal wand with a frugal 3 focus instead of a sceptre, but a wand can only hold upto 100 vis, unless you're crafting the ichor wand from Thaumic Tinkerer, that one can probably hold more.
You need to use a Silverwood wand with Charged Thaumium Caps, and a wand focus that has frugal 3 on it, + your thaumcraft robes to get the cost down. Make sure the focus does not have potency on it too. Potency increases the cost where frugal decreases it.
Actually, I did make a Silverwood Wand with Charged Thaumium Caps with a Frugal III Portable Hole Foci on it. But the Frugal III doesn't affect the vis cost for crafting. I swapped the very same wand into the table, with and without the focus, and the cost stayed the same regardless. I got lower vis cost by using a Silverwood Sceptre with Charged Thaumium caps instead.