Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'm seriously thinking we just have your image pop up, make the right and left side click aware, and decide it like that. Problem sorted, then!
lol, at least let me make the image look prettier first XD
but yeah, as for ultimate, if there would be a toggle on which version you'd like...
say when you're downloading the ultimate pack, it gives you three choices:
-No Gregtech
-Gregtech easy mode
-Gregtech hard mode
and then would install the according config file.

This mod divides a community like no other has before

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
lol, at least let me make the image look prettier first XD

NO!

That is the entire reason it works so well. It says "This question is so pointless that this two minute MSPaint image is all we're giving you as far as our effort in assisting you with this."

If you put more effort into it to make it look nicer, then it'd be as if we want people to think about it!

Two minutes of effort is all they should need, hahah.

Reactions: Lambert2191

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
Further commentary on the voxel map:

It's adequate for basic usage (seeing surface terrain), and I presume it's usable for mob location display (I don't use this feature, so I can't criticise it), but I'm finding it inferior to Rei's Minimap for a lot of the things I do. In particular, its cave mode is pretty useless to me, and rei's minimap had some better control options, letting me do some things without bringing up the menu that voxel map either doesn't do as accessibly, or doesn't do at all.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Further commentary on the voxel map:

It's adequate for basic usage (seeing surface terrain), and I presume it's usable for mob location display (I don't use this feature, so I can't criticise it), but I'm finding it inferior to Rei's Minimap for a lot of the things I do. In particular, its cave mode is pretty useless to me, and rei's minimap had some better control options, letting me do some things without bringing up the menu that voxel map either doesn't do as accessibly, or doesn't do at all.
FTB should just ditch the voxel mods. They create lag, and have other alternatives (Rei's Minimap and uh.... Minecraft). And Rei's looks better anyway.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Rei's minimap is missing is because it shows server IPs via way points and there is no way to stop it. It's tendency to completely ignore config setting changes is probably another reason it isn't there. If those were fixed it would probably return, it may return anyway but the IP thing is a real issue that has never been resolved.

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Rei's minimap is missing is because it shows server IPs via way points and there is no way to stop it.

What is this intended to mean? It almost sounds like you're voicing a concern about the clients having access to the server IP, but server IPs can't be secret to the clients; the internet doesn't work that way, so I have to assume you mean something else.

Reactions: Guswut

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
What is this intended to mean? It almost sounds like you're voicing a concern about the clients having access to the server IP, but server IPs can't be secret to the clients; the internet doesn't work that way, so I have to assume you mean something else.
I think he means for individuals that do Let's Play videos and don't want to accidentally reveal private server IPs on streams/videos so they just avoid using waypoints at all.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019

For LP'ers (such as those on the MindCrack servers for example) they had severe issues with the minimap. It was showing the IP address of the server in the chat when logging in and their server came under DDoS several times as a result. Since there is no option to disable the message from being displayed it doesn't leave a lot of options.

You simply misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
There's a beta version ready. Go check out http://www.twitch.tv/morvelaira. And yes, you can get the beta, you'll have to watch the stream to find out how though :)

Current modlist. Final is still TBD.

VoxelModPack
VoxelMods
advancedmachines
advancedsolarpanel
AppliedEnergistics
buildcraft
ChargePads
ChickenChunks
CoFHCore
computercraft
DamageIndicators
ee3
EnderStorage
extrabees
extrabiomes
factorization
FlatBedrock
forestry
forgeirc
GraviGun
gravisuite
GregTech
IC2
IC2NuclearControl
immibiscore
integratedsoundpacks
InvTweaks
IronChest
MineFactoryReloaded
modularforcefieldsystem
ModularPowersuits
mystcraft
neipluginMyst
neiplugins
neipluginsredpower
NetherOres
obsidiplates
omnitools
petrogen
PortalGun
PowerConverters
railcraft
redpower
secretroomsmod
soulshards
StevesCarts
Thaumcraft
ThaumicBees
thermalexpansion
tubestuff
TwilightForest
UpdateCheckerMod
voxelcommon
voxelMap
VoxelMenu
voxelpacket
voxelplayer
wirelessredstone
XReliquary
xycraft
NEI
Misc. Peripherals
Power Crystal Core

I would be happy with this modlist

esotericist

Jul 29, 2019
For LP'ers (such as those on the MindCrack servers for example) they had severe issues with the minimap. It was showing the IP address of the server in the chat when logging in and their server came under DDoS several times as a result. Since there is no option to disable the message from being displayed it doesn't leave a lot of options.

You simply misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

Ah, I understand now. That is unfortunate... There's workarounds to address things like that, at least, such as the LPer using a local hosts entry.

I do agree that seems like a thing that should be corrected in the mod, though.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
While it is true there are workarounds, most of these people don't want to have to do that and expect it to "just work" (that would be the point of a modpack and launcher after all). Some of them have used tricks like that to mask the IP but many have simply disabled the minimap or not use waypoints, both of which defeat the point of having it there in the first place.

Should Rei ever fix these issues I'm sure the problem will go away. Unless he does I'm not sure if it will or will not be in the pack, I'm guessing it won't.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I understand now. That is unfortunate... There's workarounds to address things like that, at least, such as the LPer using a local hosts entry.

I do agree that seems like a thing that should be corrected in the mod, though.

Setting up a HOSTS entry for each server you use, while addressing the issue with a workaround, is a good bit of a bother especially as it then requires an extra step for all people using the server. Speaking from experience of trying to get clients to set up HOSTS entries for testing pre-launch version of websites, it is worse than herding cats.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys have sound problems with the Ultimate beta?

I have no sound for stuff like punching or using picks, and no music. Mobs make no sounds.

Explosions, wisps sounds and some other stuff do work however.

Reactions: tabs

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
That's an unexpected surprise!

And the same for this one, as well.

Perhaps they've decided that they have balanced it, finally?

All in all, there are a few more mods here than I had expected. Good show!

Power Crystals recently rewrote it