Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk about ultimate gets me thinking.

Do people actully use all these mods? Or just like being able to say HEY LOOK I GOT 12893718371289 MODS!!!!!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Is like a thread I made ages ago, somebody added like 50 mods to the pack and I was like ''will this dude even use 50% of all that mods?''

Ture... Guess I wished there was more pure hobists around.

But the problem is that when you do it as a hobby you get that disease called ''real life'' and have other stuff to do, like ''work'' and stuff... Most modmakers have it as a hobby, so they know what I'm talking about.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019

Do people actully use all these mods? Or just like being able to say HEY LOOK I GOT 12893718371289 MODS!!!!!

If I add a mod i'm definitely gonna use it. I don't necessarily use all the mods in direwolf20/ultimate but I do plan to use them all eventually.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Is like a thread I made ages ago, somebody added like 50 mods to the pack and I was like ''will this dude even use 50% of all that mods?''

But the problem is that when you do it as a hobby you get that disease called ''real life'' and have other stuff to do, like ''work'' and stuff... Most modmakers have it as a hobby, so they know what I'm talking about.
Just like what Pahimar was saying on Dires episode today, about how EE3 is his hobby and he hasn't got oodles of free time like college students (Soaryn)

Reactions: Dravarden

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Well then they, and you, need to learn that being an annoying git isn't trivial.

No, but the constant whining and whimpering about it does. You don't like it, choose to not play with it, and it won't affect your game and shouldn't be mentioned.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
No, but the constant whining and whimpering about it does. You don't like it, choose to not play with it, and it won't affect your game and shouldn't be mentioned.

Etho was the only mindcracker that wanted gregtech, what would the others do? kick etho? or do some comments about greg and his nerf ever 30 episodes or so?

Reactions: Lambert2191

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Etho was the only mindcracker that wanted gregtech, what would the others do? kick etho? or do some comments about greg and his nerf ever 30 episodes or so?

Etho feels bad about that. At least he brought that up in a viedo a while back that he was the guy the pushed for GT.

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019

At least 9 mods I haven't touched in Ultimate, 8 of which I'd just as soon never use. Then there are those you can't avoid, like them or not, due to intrusive (not saying undesirable) worldgen or interference with other mods. Many others are support mods.

Not counting the support and worldgen, there would be... about 25 mods I'd be using from this pack.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
I'm noticing a lack of diamonds. Mined a 2X1 for 500 blocks at level 12 and not a single diamond.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Etho was the only mindcracker that wanted gregtech

This not only isn't true (Either it's a democracy, and that one vote wouldn't matter, or Guude runs the show) but it's also irrelevant. A person chooses to play on the server or not. If they don't like the rules, don't play.

Besides, of the Mindcrackers, only one was whining about GregTech. Only one I cancelled because of it.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I guess most people add mods to the Ultimate pack with the probability of playing them at some point, maybe using just a couple of items from each mod, who knows. Personally I can't do that, I even ditched FTB MW for the sake of installing the mods I want to play. Plus, if one has a beastly PC some more mods won't hurt :p

Regarding the MindCrackers, yes Etho was one of the guys who strongly pushed for GT and haven't messed with it yet (or felt its "effects") but if I recall correctly, it was mainly added due to its prolonged playability by making things take more time, thus resulting in more videos in the long term. And to be honest, the tech MindCrackers I watch haven't really had any REAL problems with GT, they still craft the stuff they want. They've all made quarries, have acquired lots of resources and well... that's it.

R3Testa

Jul 29, 2019
...but if I recall correctly, it was mainly added due to its prolonged playability by making things take more time, thus resulting in more videos in the long term.

All the 'Crackers I watch edit their videos extensively to remove most of the tedium of digging, mining, crafting, and building, and do significant prep work outside recordings, so all that extra work is never part of the videos.
The one I had watched who tended not to do much editing or prep, I dropped after a long series of episodes where he got nothing done while walking back and forth between chests, crafting benches, and partly finished structures.