Two platinum == Limitless iridium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
It is difficult to see as it only contains some slight yellowish pixel difference compared to the normal End Stone. Grab some in Creative mode and compare it, is my suggestion, so you may know what you're looking for. But, generally just look for 2-6 ore floating by itself in space near the asteroids that looks almost like End Stone, and it should be Sheldonite. It definitely generates, I tested in v7 Mindcrack and found it on around half the Asteroids and I don't think it changed in v8. BTW I checked fully through the main body of several asteroids and didn't find any... it seems to generate only freefloating in space. But if you generated your End in a different GregTech version it might be different. I can test tonight in v8 and see, I will post some screenshots if that is helpful.

BTW, the Electric Jetpack won't reach all the Asteroids, as some generate at or above 185 height limit of the Electric Jetpack. You need the fuel version Jetpack to reach these.

And the other asteroid ores are almost useless, but might have some future uses...

I tried to find some Sheldonite in my test world using a jet pack today specifically looking on asteroids. I did not have any luck. I did find lots of the other asteroid ores however.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
They are all useful, you can use sodalite for sodium for NaK coolant or Sodium persulfate (triple copper yield)
Silk touch olivine ore and to the grinder for emerald dust (data circuits)
Tungsten.. useful for mixed metal ingot. (saves iron lol)

@Finding sheldonite ore, did you accidentally turn off the sheldonite ore world gen?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I just did some testing in MindCrack v8. This magic carpet ride is over. Rich slag is down to 5% for most ores from 20%. Gold ore is at 10%. Additionally you get 2 shiny ingots rather than 3 now so the multiplication factor is gone and it uses sand instead of rich slag + platinum dust. If my math works out the only way to get a matter fabricator now is blind luck finding an ore in the wild or industrial grinding 384 ferrous ores. I have to say I am not please with this prospect.

You need only four iridium to get a Gregtech Matterfab up and running. That's two ores silktouched and processed. It may be a bit of "blind luck", but you don't need a lot of it.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Sure the other End ores do have uses but it is easier to get the resulting products from other more plentiful sources generally...

They are all useful, you can use sodalite for sodium for NaK coolant or Sodium persulfate (triple copper yield)
Silk touch olivine ore and to the grinder for emerald dust (data circuits)
Tungsten.. useful for mixed metal ingot. (saves iron lol)

@Finding sheldonite ore, did you accidentally turn off the sheldonite ore world gen?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I think Op is finding resistance here because of their usage to the word limitless.
While I agree that it's an exploit for some quick easy iridium, however it's NOT limitless, just vastly more easy then intended.

If you could produce rich slag from bars and dust then we'd have grounds for calling it limitless.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Sure the other End ores do have uses but it is easier to get the resulting products from other more plentiful sources generally...

My primary tungsten production is from the tungsten ore in the end.. I think it's because I'm not using the lava-> copper, tin, tungsten..

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Oh look a thread.

/fork. It's done. The mechanic has changed in 2.1.7 onward, as hilarious as it was. Now there's a real choice to be made. ;)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
If you could produce rich slag from bars and dust then we'd have grounds for calling it limitless.

It was limitless. The "limit" you're considering is null in any environment where you can create new chunks and mine ore blocks. i.e., the limitless world of Mindcraft. However, you're in a month old thread, and the exploit has been resolved with the modpack release today. For platinum anyways.