[Tutorial] How to install shaders

arox45

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, your video and audio are CRAZY out of sync on this video. It's like you did vid at 2 or 3x speed to your audio.

I'm not having any luck with the tutorial(s) either.
It seemed fine on youtube i dont know it was good for other people

solaris187

Jul 29, 2019
Does this no longer work? I hit escape, go to video settings, and there is no SHADERS button at all, just the standard Optifine Options

StoneShifter

Jul 29, 2019
hey! thanks for this tutorial!
everything is working fine BUT i do not find a really good shader... The most shaders are way too bright at day and too dark at night. also i do not like the moving leaves.

I tried about 5 different shaders and could not find one which is working completly. The water is often deep black and some leaves of non-vanilla trees were moving like they would do in a hurricane...

the shader you recommended to use is the one which is nearly perfect but it is way too bright...
Do you have a solution for that?

thanks!

boatsvids

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a really unusual problem here, i installed the shaders on optifine d5 on my yogcraft modpack, they work perfectlly on singleplayer but on my multiplayer server the shadows dont work, the water and motion blur still works though, any ideas?

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
I must really be daft here. I'm following directions to the letter, same versions everything and my MultiMC instance of my pack crashes.

*edit..

Got it working. Had to update versions of shader and mod to latest. Now to see if I can get it workign with my TP

Thorhian

Jul 29, 2019
With the recent increase of people asking how to install shaders, I figured I would write up a guide on how to do it.

WARNING: This is only for Windows ..... Snipped

Alright, I used your Instructions, Zica, to install the shaders. Everything seems to be working except for when I go into the shaders tab in the options, and when I select any pack, it literally does nothing. No Matter what I do, the shaders just wont run. I have already checked all of the versions, and they are in line with what I need. Anybody have this problem before? (Using MultiMC and FTB Ultimate 1.0.2) Help would be gladly appreciated.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I used your Instructions, Zica, to install the shaders. Everything seems to be working except for when I go into the shaders tab in the options, and when I select any pack, it literally does nothing. No Matter what I do, the shaders just wont run. I have already checked all of the versions, and they are in line with what I need. Anybody have this problem before? (Using MultiMC and FTB Ultimate 1.0.2) Help would be gladly appreciated.

I updated OP with updated links/instructions. My first time doing the update way, it worked with FTB launcher so you shouldn't need MultiMc anymore.

Thorhian

Jul 29, 2019
I updated OP with updated links/instructions. My first time doing the update way, it worked with FTB launcher so you shouldn't need MultiMc anymore.
Thank you sir, lol. Works just fine now >=) FTB looks so much better now lol

BelGaraath

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks for the tutorial, but im having some issues. Ive installed fine, and can use the ultra version fine. But i want to use the Lite SEUS version, for the extra performance and less annoying animations (Motion blur, waves) but im having issues with water, it looks like this
Pw17Kc1.jpg

ipOMF9b.jpg

Ive tried various water settings, but none fixed it. Im at my wits end, any help?

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried it without a texture pack? I'm not sure what we might have in Johnsmith that would do that, but it's always worth a try.

Either that, or you can turn off custom water.

BelGaraath

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, tried with and without. In the end i just got fed up and went into the shader files and removed all the water related shaders, so i guess its sorta fixed.

Koen187

Jul 29, 2019
I've followed your instructions to the letter.....but for some reason the tree leaves don't sway or the water does not flow. Any pointers?

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I've followed your instructions to the letter.....but for some reason the tree leaves don't sway or the water does not flow. Any pointers?

Try downloading a different version of SEUS shaderpacks. For example, try RC6 instead of RC7.

Koen187

Jul 29, 2019
Try downloading a different version of SEUS shaderpacks. For example, try RC6 instead of RC7.

I started all over. New install of FTB. All working fine. Now for the bad news. Everything looks bright sepia for some reason. Since I play during the day, its an eyesore.

I'm guessing the values for things such as bloom, lens flare, are being read from the shader files, is there a means for us to modify the values?

Edit:

looking at the logs, I'm getting a lot of errors, you guys experiencing the same issue?

9207506_bigthumb.png

Jimmybrite

Jul 29, 2019
Your instructions are all over the place, not only does it work with the official launcher, but it works in LinuxMint 14 with the Nvidia 319.17 drivers (Xorg-Edgers).

The water is whack though, but I've edited the shader files before so that's no problem.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Your instructions are all over the place, not only does it work with the official launcher, but it works in LinuxMint 14 with the Nvidia 319.17 drivers (Xorg-Edgers).

The water is whack though, but I've edited the shader files before so that's no problem.

Never said it didn't work with the FTB launcher, and regarding linux, I'm going by what the authors said, so bring it up with them.