[Tutorial] How to install shaders

DevinDragonFlame

Jul 29, 2019
Close, it's a 470 that I'm using.

As for the steps, I followed the same route as the OPs directions for FTB; put optifine in the instMods folder, added the files from the zip file for the shader mod, made my shaderpacks folder and put the shader zip file in that folder. Also made sure to replace forge with 518 instead of the default it comes with on the mindcrack pack.

sig_kill

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, yeah, that's identical to steps I've taken... Oh well. Work can't be over fast enough to give it another shot, lol.

EDIT: Hold up... there's a bunch of .class files in the base shader file in OPs link. Does your shaderpack have those and a shaders/ folder containing the shaders? Or just shaders/ and the files?

DevinDragonFlame

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Hold up... there's a bunch of .class files in the base shader file in OPs link. Does your shaderpack have those and a shaders/ folder containing the shaders? Or just shaders/ and the files?

Nope, inside my shaderpacks folder is the zip file. inside that zip file is a folder called shaders and it contains all the VSH and FSH files. I don't see any class files in the shader zip anywhere.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea how the download was changed. It's updated with a standalone zip. Instructions have been updated.

DevinDragonFlame

Jul 29, 2019
Figured I'd come in with an update. using only the fixed links in the OP, and without having to use forge 518 (link wasn't working when I get home), it WORKS! And makes me want to upgrade my video card now to smooth it out a little more. Now I'm gonna play with some texture packs to see which I like best with these new, fancy graphics.

sig_kill

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing here. Are you noticing an overly-sephia colouring to everything, though? Any white is replaced with a dull yellow, everywhere.

jalsimur

Jul 29, 2019
anyone having problems with water not working properly with this, as in it not spreading like it should and stuff

DevinDragonFlame

Jul 29, 2019
Same thing here. Are you noticing an overly-sephia colouring to everything, though? Any white is replaced with a dull yellow, everywhere.
Yeah, things did look a bit overly bright/yellowish and turning down the brightness setting didn't do much to help. But I can live with it.

As for the water, I haven't noticed anything wrong with how it works.

jalsimur

Jul 29, 2019
with the water, it kind of reminds me of jello. i can get a bucket from an infinite source, and that spot doesn't regenerate. I can put a water block on the ground, and it will just sit there, though with some messing around last night, found out that even though it doesn't look like its not doing anything, it still moves items around like it's flowing, but not the player. Took the shaders off, and i still have that problem with just optifine

arox45

Jul 29, 2019
I installed everything and i can run minecraft but when i go to video settings there is no shaders tab but there is one under the video settings tab

Pedonymous

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried this with Mindcrack, and if so could you tell me how you did it? I forgot the horrors of manual installations.

arox45

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I made a video on how to do this it should work for all versions of FTB Heres a link:

Aceldamor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I made a video on how to do this it should work for all versions of FTB Heres a link:

FYI, your video and audio are CRAZY out of sync on this video. It's like you did vid at 2 or 3x speed to your audio.

I'm not having any luck with the tutorial(s) either.