Turtle Program Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble making a mob trap using turtles. Whenever I place down a melee turtle in front of my T5 blaze spawner, the turtle picks up the blaze rods. The blaze rods are supposed to go the transposers that lead to my boiler, but instead, the turtles take them. Is there a way to stop them from doing this?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I am having trouble making a mob trap using turtles. Whenever I place down a melee turtle in front of my T5 blaze spawner, the turtle picks up the blaze rods. The blaze rods are supposed to go the transposers that lead to my boiler, but instead, the turtles take them. Is there a way to stop them from doing this?
Simplest way is to fill their inventory with anything that won't drop in your mob trap. Like 1 stick in each inventory slot.

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
Simplest way is to fill their inventory with anything that won't drop in your mob trap. Like 1 stick in each inventory slot.
Wow. Seemed simple enough, yet I couldn't think of it. Thanks anyways.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Note that this is extremely inefficient and puts unnecessary strain on your server/your computer. It's much better to let the turtles keep the drops until they have several stacks, and then drop it all at once into a relay. The two main pros are no item entities being created, and entire stacks moving through tubes all at once instead of singular items.