Trying to run a player made shop and need help for protection

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Going to keep it short and simple. We are trying to do player ran shops on our whitleisted server. We were gonna use Trade-o-mats but with personal safes not working correctly with the tradeomats, we cant think of a secure way to protect our items.

Anyone have any quick and easy solutions?

PS: Tried strongboxes on private and restricted, tried better storage locks and keys. Both methods made the tradeomat unable to communicate with the chest.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
^^ this but they could potentially mine the trade-o-matic and just reach past it.
You could also write a CC code that logs players within a certain distance of the T-o-m and what actions they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
^^ this but they could potentially mine the trade-o-matic and just reach past it.
You could also write a CC code that logs players within a certain distance of the T-o-m and what actions they do.

Warded ToM

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, whitelisted... I would expect that you could do this without worry of stealing.

The MineCrackers just walk up to each other and throw diamonds at each other for their trading...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm, whitelisted... I would expect that you could do this without worry of stealing.

Being a whitelisted server doesn't remove the potential for having items stolen.

Try MFFS. No idea how well it'll work for what you're trying to do, but it might help.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Being a whitelisted server doesn't remove the potential for having items stolen.

Try MFFS. No idea how well it'll work for what you're trying to do, but it might help.
Well, that's pretty obvious isn't it.

But the point of building a whitelisted server is because... Well you've whitelisted your members.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, that's pretty obvious isn't it.

But the point of building a whitelisted server is because... Well you've whitelisted your members.

It reduces the likelihood. Doesn't mean it eliminates it completely.

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. Right now T-o-m with warded blocks underneath and a chest underneath those sound like the best plan atm

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Best solution would be to install MCPC and use worldguard to prevent players from accessing chests in that area.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
If it is your server do you have A region or plot maker on it. A way to do it would have a small player owned plot that the shop could be at the very edge of so the t-o-m is accessible but the chest is in the plot making it owner only accessible. I have seen it on some servers but don't know what the server plugin is called

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
If it is your server do you have A region or plot maker on it. A way to do it would have a small player owned plot that the shop could be at the very edge of so the t-o-m is accessible but the chest is in the plot making it owner only accessible. I have seen it on some servers but don't know what the server plugin is called

Well world guard is dependent on another plugin called worldedit. With it you select a region using a wood axe then use flags.
Here is more information.
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard
http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldEdit/Reference