Trying to create a modpack, I'm 11 yrs old, 'nuff said.

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, so basically I'm trying to create a modpack with the following mods:
Additional Buildcraft Objects
Advanced Machines
Advanced Solar Panels
Advanced Thaumaturgy
Aether II
Another One Bites The Dust
Applied Energistics 2
Ars Magica 2
AutoUtil
Back Tools
BetterStorage
Bibliocraft
BiblioWoods: BoP
BiblioWoods: Forestry
BiblioWoods: Highland
Biomes O' Plenty
Buildcraft
ChickenChunks
Code Chicken Core
CoFH Core
ComputerCraft
Creeper Collateral
Damage Indicators
DeathTimer
DenLib
DenPipes
DenPipes: Forestry
DenPipes: Emerald
Enderstorage
EVOC
Extra Bees & Trees
Extra Cells
ExtraUtilities
Factorization
Forestry
Forge Multipart
GraviSuite
GregTech
Highlands
iChunUtil
IndustrialCraft 2
InfiniBows
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
Logistics Pipes
Magic Bees
MineFactoryReloaded
MobiusCore
Modular Force Field System
Modular Force Field System Calclavia
More Bows!
MystCraft
Natura
Nether Ores
Not Enough Items
NEI Addons
NEI Plugins
Open Peripheral
Plugins for Forestry
PneumaticCraft
Portal Gun
Project: Red
qCraft
Railcraft
Redstone Arsenal
REI Minimap
Revamp
Roguelike Dungeons
Simply Jetpacks
SlickUtil
Soul Shards 2
Tinkers' Construct
Tinkers' Mechworks
Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
Thaumic Reliquary
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI
Thermal Expansion
Twilight Forest
Universal Electricity Core
WAILA
Wireless Redstone Chicken Bones Edition
Witchery
I started out trying to use FTB Monster as a base, removed mods I didn't like and added some from other FTB modpacks I did like. Most of these mods will work together even if they are from different FTB modpacks but when I add the Aether II there are ID conflicts. GregTech and Tinkers Construct also don't work together. It would be very appreciated if someone could get these to work together or teach me how so I can do it myself. Also let me know if some mods are missing their core mods and I would like to hear some recommended mods that are not there. I like working hard for things so no cheaty mods please. I also like to have a balance of magic & tech, mods that make the world hard, and more dungeons/structures to explore. I'm sorry if any of this sounds dumb but I hardly understand what an ID conflict even is or how to solve it. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to take time to help me out!

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Gregtech and Tinker's Construct are hard-coded to not work with each other unless I'm mistaken. That was the whole reason for the Unleashed/Unhinged modpack split.

As far as ID conflicts go, updating to 1.7 removes those (almost) entirely. If you insist on 1.6 though, each item and block has an ID which must be unique. If two items or blocks have the same ID, the game will crash. In order to fix this, you have to locate the minecraft/configs folder, find the config file for one of the conflicting mods and change the conflicting ID number(s) in there.

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So hard-coded means that there is no way to get them to work together? I thought I had played some modpack with both. Thanks for the explanation about IDs, how does 1.7 remove the conflicts? The Aether II is one the mods I couldn't drop & it's only up to 1.6.4 so I'll stick with that version. When I change the ID, which number should I choose to change it to? Also, is it as simple as changing a ID number in Notepad and is there other stuff that would break after changing them? Do you have any other mods to recommend or see any core mods missing from mine so far? Wow, that's ALOT of questions.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
So hard-coded means that there is no way to get them to work together? I thought I had played some modpack with both. Thanks for the explanation about IDs, how does 1.7 remove the conflicts? The Aether II is one the mods I couldn't drop & it's only up to 1.6.4 so I'll stick with that version. When I change the ID, which number should I choose to change it to? Also, is it as simple as changing a ID number in Notepad and is there other stuff that would break after changing them? Do you have any other mods to recommend or see any core mods missing from mine so far? Wow, that's ALOT of questions.
They may have decided to let Tinker's and Gregtech work together later on, but I'm not sure. 1.7 automatically assigns IDs in the background, so conflicts are mostly removed. Changing IDs is basically just a load up, change and save in notepad, though there are other things that can break. In the minecraft instance folder, there should be an IDConflicts text file which will tell you all the conflicts. It also suggests some unused numbers to change them to at the bottom.

As far as the core mods go, I believe Minecraft will stop loading and tell you if you're missing a mod something depends on. Something along the lines of "missing mod - (name of mod)."

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm going to try and solve the conflicts but I need to create an ID Map dump. In the tutorial of how to resolve ID conflicts on this forum, it says go to Block/ID settings in the game. But when I follow the same steps, it doesn't show me that setting. I guess it's because I'm on a newer version of NEI but I still can't find where to create the dump.

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I created a dump for the Item IDs but the name of an item like Hard Ice looks different in the ID Conflicts file and ID Dump. Does that mean the name the dump would want me to put for the Aether Portal is different, or do I just copy & paste " aether:Aether Portal from Aether II" into an unused space in the ID Dump?

Attachments

• IDConflicts.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 75

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech and Tinker's Construct are hard-coded to not work with each other unless I'm mistaken. That was the whole reason for the Unleashed/Unhinged modpack split.

As far as ID conflicts go, updating to 1.7 removes those (almost) entirely. If you insist on 1.6 though, each item and block has an ID which must be unique. If two items or blocks have the same ID, the game will crash. In order to fix this, you have to locate the minecraft/configs folder, find the config file for one of the conflicting mods and change the conflicting ID number(s) in there.
That was actually fixed in 1.6.4. I had both on a pack with no issues.

rotten84

Jul 29, 2019
I created a dump for the Item IDs but the name of an item like Hard Ice looks different in the ID Conflicts file and ID Dump. Does that mean the name the dump would want me to put for the Aether Portal is different, or do I just copy & paste " aether:Aether Portal from Aether II" into an unused space in the ID Dump?

suggested Ranges: 585-849 (265 IDs), 3511-3699 (189 IDs), 1532-1719 (188 IDs)
you just take an ID between this that works for me when i played 1.6.4 beaware
BiomesOPlenty and gregtech is not easy getting to work right drop item from tree mud and so on is becomming high tier gregtech item

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You will want to turn of GT unifier? Or do you mean when you break mud you get a high tier GT item?

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I know that you need to move a conflicting block's ID somewhere unused, I just don't know what to put there. In an unused space it says "#,null,null,null,null" Every item has a long name like Hard Ice is "165,Block,BiomesOPlenty,tile.bop.generic.hard_ice,biomesoplenty.blocks.BlockBOPGeneric" so how do I find what the Aether Portal blocks "full name" is to move somewhere else? I have no idea what you said, rotten84 about GT & BoP. What is GT unifier? Could someone just explain this to me, assume I don't know anything at all, so please don't use a ton of computer lingo

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech's unifier converts all things in the ore dictionary into one item (for example, if you have 5 copper ore types in your world, when you mine them, they will all turn into one type)
I don't understand everything else you said, it didn't make much sense :/

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, what is the whole breaking mud and getting a high tier item about?And I'm sorry I don't know how to explain what I'm trying to do very well. Things from the Aether II mod I added into the Monster pack (with some mods disabled) are conflicting. I know that I have to move one of the two conflicting IDs to fix it but I don't know what the ID name for the Aether blocks should be when I move them to another spot in the ID dump. Does anoyone know where I could find the ID file for the Aether blocks?

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019

No, they work together. That was a abbreviated dispute. It ended in them being told they were violating Minecraft's Terms of Service by making the game crash with a mod.

Currently there is an addon being developed for TC and GT

@MonkeyMan Are you using 1.7 if not use it. There is little to no support for 1.6 and 1.7 is easier for making packs

MonkeyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I am using 1.6.4 because the Aether II mod is only at that version and it is pretty high on the wishlist.