Trials of Murder [GAME THREAD]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not to wreck your analysis but I missed a wolf kill last game :p
burden-of-proof fail :\ @Shazam08

Though when you look at it, J's activity matches up with the wolf's perfectly. J didn't post at all on the days following eru's death. On those same nights the wolf didn't kill. I mean everyone else is rather active at this point, so I would doubt that it's a cooincidence. That is, unless the activity lull was a ploy all along and the wolf is trying to shift blame on the inactives, which is a definite possibility.
I just wanna say I legitimately I have no idea who the last wolf is, so, either good job wolf if you're active and hidden, or shame on you if you're inactive and hidden.

Reactions: Shazam08

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Though when you look at it, J's activity matches up with the wolf's perfectly. J didn't post at all on the days following eru's death. On those same nights the wolf didn't kill. I mean everyone else is rather active at this point, so I would doubt that it's a cooincidence. That is, unless the activity lull was a ploy all along and the wolf is trying to shift blame on the inactives, which is a definite possibility.
I've barely posted at all anyway. Today is the most I've posted all game. How does that follow the wolves' pattern?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Guys please just vote me innocent and kill sg. Pyure has made it obvious that he believes sg to be the last wolf, and it's his job to stop people dying. If that isn't a confirmation he's the last one then I don't know what is.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I've barely posted at all anyway. Today is the most I've posted all game. How does that follow the wolves' pattern?
considering the wolves stopped with killing when eru died your previous activity from before that event doesn't say much.

I will cast my votes tomorrow during school

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pyure has made it obvious that he believes sg to be the last wolf, and it's his job to stop people dying. If that isn't a confirmation he's the last one then I don't know what is.
Leave me outta this. Your post is so wolfy it makes both of us look bad and now I'm going to lose cuz both my clients will die :p

Reactions: fowltief

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Pyure told me about him determining my innocence. What a piece of bullshit.

Also vote lens for trial. He's the most vocal opposition for my innocence.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Sucks to be innocent but the least innocent.
What? I'm a wolf just because I was AWOL the entire week for school?

You know maybe I should just set up a bot to post for me. Then I can actually focus on stuff that matters and still not be dead.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

You know maybe I should just set up a bot to post for me. Then I can actually focus on stuff that matters and still not be dead.
You're also wolfy for voting RJS for trial with no reasoning but eye for an eye.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
#belessdumb.
So you think I'm guilty because someone else voted me innocent?
Also,
Vote sgbros Innocent.
To kick things off: Vote sgbros1 as innocent. The defense did a great job with him.
I'll go ahead and vote now. Vote sgbros innocent.
I'll agree with voting SG innocent - consider that bolded

These people voted me innocent before SE, not including you idiotic defenders. Ever heard of a bandwagon?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Alright, time for another megapost! Today we'll be going over the accused acctions over the last two days, the days in which there were no night kill. I want to go with vike on this one. The wolf is likely one of these two. If not, it's between RJS, soraZodia, and lenscas. Well, let's get to it.

You gathered today, and you put the remaining person on trial. He was completely silent, and you found him guilty. Strangely, nobody was missing tonight. You brought nojr and sora up to be put on trial.

You found Eruantien guilty!
He was a murderer!
No-one was killed!
Sora and nojr are on trial!
The first day. The day we got eru. The night that nobody died. It should be noted that the previous day, neither of the accused posted, and neither did lens.

Seems like the wolves are on vacation.
This is actually a very interesting post as it was right after the recap. Either sgbros is village and pointing that out, or he's a wolf, the inactivity is a ploy, and he's pointing it out/gloating. The latter seems far more likely.

Oh come on.

Wasn't I innocent in the first trial?
Both accused made a similar post, so I'm gonna ignore that. I think everyone sort of assumed that the not guilty vote means you're off the hook.

But it should be noted that RJS made a very nice analyzation post and decided that sgbros was the best to put on trial, and sgbros was very resistant to this possibility.

Well then sg, care to suggest who would be a better choice to go on trial than yourself then?

Note that this post is a bolded official vote.
Nothing better than an eye for an eye.
Now that's quite interesting. He was so opposed to going on trial that he went ahead and voted for his accuser to go on trial instead of contesting it with logic or some such.

You gathered blah blah sent nojr to prison blah blah nobody missing blah blah sg and J on trial.

You found nojr guilty!
He was a villager!
Nobody was killed!
J and sg are now on trial!
Second day. Note J didn't post at all last night but sgbros did. Though if sgbros was a wolf, I'd have expected a kill. Or maybe not as the kill on RJS would've made him guaranteed to die. Then again the lack of a kill could just be part of a ruse, though I'm leaning against that.

Guys come on, I've already been found innocent.
As I said sgbros made a similar post, though it should be noted that J's situation is a lot more objectable than sgbros' was. J reacted from going on trial. sgbros reacted to a single vote to go on trial.

Well feel free to show some actual evidence against me.
This seems legit. It's really hard to defend yourself if there's nothing to defend against.

This seems a modicum less legit. the simplicity of the statement seems fishy to me, but the actual request seems rather legit.

How're you so certain it's one of us? I'm all for lynching sg if it's true, but I'm not sure where you're coming from.
[the notion that one of the accused is definitely a wolf] Seems a wee bit of a stretch, considering all I have against me is the lack of posting, because I'm busy af.
This is answered by the following posts. Though it should be noted that J seems more concerned with the actual reasoning behind that, amd sgbros seems more interested in just saving his own hide, which stinks of wolf.

Guess what, considering there are no wolf kills right now the wolf is probably also busy
The answer to why one of them is likely wolf. Neither of them were very active, so it's likely one of them. Assuming the whole thing isn't a ploy that is.
Guess what, I'm busy the whole week and guess where those kills from a while ago came from?
Again, answered later.
Is inactivity seriously the only evidence you guys have against me? SURELY there's someone who's done SOMETHING suspicious other than me?
Yes, sgbros earlier. Though J would be next on the list for his inactivity fitting the wolves' perfectly. It's quite the cooincidence. Or is it?
That and sgbros' post are both answered next:
Eruantien. The kills dried up when he got jailed. Not a defence.

Sure, you guys haven't done anything outrageously wolfish, but you haven't done anything that strongly confirms to me that you're town either. At this point, it's not that you guys look like wolves, it's that you look the least like town.
Eru/SE37 were the main killers. When they died, there was nobody to take their place because the wolf was inactive. That's the theory anyways. And he has a point there. Nobody really screams wolf here. They just look the least towny. That's all we really have to go off of.

Guys please just vote me innocent and kill sg. Pyure has made it obvious that he believes sg to be the last wolf, and it's his job to stop people dying. If that isn't a confirmation he's the last one then I don't know what is.
When did pyure say that? Let's see:
After going through the interactions, sgbros seems to be one of the least innocent-looking, yeah.

But that one interaction between him and SO37 is hardly a lot to go with. Wolves made lots of innocent-calls this game. Except Eruantien, jeez that guy.
He said he was one of the least inno looking. That's hardly obvious.This could easily be a wolven hail mary to try to survive the night. It could also be a village hail mary to try to get the actual wolf killed. Though if it was purely village, then he would've said to kill both of them not to let himself go free. And he also exaggerated quite a bit with pyure's apparent position, though he could have also been going off of what he's been saying in the defence convo.
Pyure told me about him determining my innocence. What a piece of bullshit.

Also vote lens for trial. He's the most vocal opposition for my innocence.
This is quite interesting. It could be a last screw you to the town or a legitimate attempt to bag the last wolf. Though I'm not entirely sure what the top part was about but meh.

As others have pointed out, the AWOL thing is just one reason. There's his volatility to the whole situation, especially to getting a single trial vote on him, and there's the fact that SE37, the wolf, voted him innocent before. Though that could just be an act anyways and probably not important.

[revenge voting RJS] Seems like what sgbros would do, what's so wrong about that?
Nothing except for the fact that he blew up when he got a single trial vote on him. That alone is fishy.

So you think I'm guilty because someone else voted me innocent?
Also,

These people voted me innocent before SE, not including you idiotic defenders. Ever heard of a bandwagon?

That...that's actually a good point. SE likely was just hopping on a bandwagon there, and in any case, that piece of evidence doesn't really supply much to the issue.

So if J is a wolf, he'd fit perfectly in the wolves' activity pattern. He's putting up a brilliant act to try to get off, but his defence is a bit fishy in some places.

if sgbros is a wolf, the lack of kills makes very little sense to me, but his reactions all fit perfectly.

Now, just in case one of those two is not a wolf, then there's someone I want to see on trial tomorrow. RJS. My reasoning is that if neither of those two are wolves, then the whole no kill this was a ruse designed to instigate a meat grinder. I don't see lens or sora doing such a bold ruse, but I think it would fit RJS perfectly. I'm gonna vote lens for trial though as it seems lens is gonna win that vote anyways, and he seems like a good choice as he's been an opponent of like everyone. That's either good healthy villager paranoia or it's a wolf injecting suspicion into the village. RJS is just a suggestion to the prosecution really. I think he's a good candidate.

I'm gonna vote both guilty. I can't really decide between one and the other, and it's likely that one of them is a wolf, so might as well eliminate both now.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Vote J and Sg guilty
Sgbros innocent, but you guys can sort out who to jail.
Wait, what? You've spent the latter half of the day railing against sg as much as a Defender can rail. :p

The town will probably tune out what I say because I have a different win condition and ooh scary, but (thanks for sticking around, reader, this means a lot) sg and J are the two most likely candidates anyone has for wolves right now. Both have been inactive and have offered (comparatively) little to contribute to discussion, and the only other options besides them are players that have been extremely active and talking all game. Yes, it's possible for one of the talkers to be pulling some master plan by missing two straight wolfkills. No, it isn't super likely.

Also, as weird as it is to agree with Pyure this game, he's got a point here:
I think the prosecution is just getting a little desperate at this point. The game is sort of stacked against them after all. :p
Not even remotely. It was brutally stacked against the defense in the beginning. Now you could argue its kinda even, but I'd put my money on Vike to win at this point.
The game as it stands is about as even as it can be.

The game was unbalanced in favor of the prosecution in the beginning, but Cheese brought things back into whack on D1 with a bunch of decisions favoring defense ("Defense wins ties", "Number of acquittals over Number acquitted", "Innocent by wolfkill", etc.)

The score's something like 6-5 them today. I'm excited to see how we end it. :p