Tools for Pack Creators

cielum

Jul 29, 2019
I have a new mod for the list, ist called Difficult Life.

The main feature is increasing the difficulty of the game over the time. (creeper with 200hp:D)
Additionally there are some health options and some other things. All configurable, of course.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just one to add to the "World Generation" section of the OP:
Highlands. It allows the user to generate new biomes, and also disable vanilla biomes from spawning, and the frequency of ocean biomes and also allows the user to customize which biomes (both vanilla, and added by highlands) to allow villages to spawn in.
It also has compatibility with Biomes o' Plenty, not in the sense of being able to do anything mentioned above, but that BoP biomes can spawn in a Highlands world.

Reactions: dylanpiera

eschplaysgames

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know off-hand if any of the custom item mods allow for custom blocks with textures that place based on where the player is facing?
An example of this would be Logs, or Pillars. I looked into both Custom Things and Custom Items (now called Meta Mod, I believe) and they both offer textures based on direction; Up, Down, North, South, East, West... I'm trying to find something that uses something more like Up, Down, Front, Back and Sides.
Sorry in advance if the answer to this question is right in front of me :p

One other thing... These may not fit in this topic, but some users may find the mod Custom Stuff 3 useful, although I believe its quite WIP right now. Also, Extra Blocks Extreme Edition adds a heap of texture-less blocks that players can use, although i'm not sure on the devs policy on modpacks

eschplaysgames

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently I'm a huge dope and the answer really was "right in front of me"

Custom Items (now Meta-Mod by Otho) handles these oddly textured blocks just fine, I just didn't realize it.

cielum

Jul 29, 2019
Time for progression by joshie! :)

635643969948571547.png

What is Progression?
Progression is a mod that allows you to control how a player can interact with the world, or the things they can craft, at the basic level. At the more involved level, it allows you to build and design tech trees, where a player cannot complete something until, something else is done. Be this action crafting an item, or collecting drops or more. You can also reward them for completing specific tasks, instead of restricting what they can do, if you so desire. Progression would also allow you to build class systems, restricting what certain groups of players can do, or give them abilities based upon their class. You could for example, forbid a group of people from ever being able to craft a furnace. While another group can build furnaces, but they walk much slower. This is just a basic overview of the things you can do with progression. With it's requirements, conditions and results, you can create many more different systems than I have listed here, making it a very powerful tool for modpack makers.

treeeditor.png
criteriaeditor.png

cielum

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the mod-posting-mood, so here we go: :D

DifficultLife.png

Have you ever thought that your game is too easy? Having a tons of mods installed, and mobs are no longer a threat to you? Thinking, that armor from some mods (ProjectE) is way too powerfull, and nothing can damage you? Well then, this mod is for you!
This mod was made by DarkxElocius, a member of DummyThinking.

Warning!This mod is designed for modpacks! It is not designed to be played on vanilla minecraft, since there is no gear even close to some gear, required to fight off enemies in the late game.

It is also random2, so if your enderdragon has around 3000 hp - well, your luck is amazing...
Every feature is configurable! Do not like something, or want to change it? Do it yourself using the .cfg file, do not post here.

What this mod does?

This mod adds a difficulty system to the game, similar to the one, introduced in 1.8, but the difficulty is global, not local. Basically, the longer you play your game, the more difficult it is going to be. Let me explain:

Difficulty:
2015-03-23_18.18.21.png

The difficulty bar was inspired by Risk Of Rain - a rogulike 2d shooter game. Similar to that game, it has some stages of difficulty, though they are purely cosmetical. Periodically your difficulty will increase. It becomes noticable very quickly, as monsters gain more health, damage, status effects and armor. 3,5 Real time days are required to fully fill this bar up to the maximum value(can be changed in the config file!)
To simplify the math:
The player has 20 health. That is equal to 10 hearts. Zombie also has 20 health = 10 hearts.Bats only have 6 health = 3 hearts.

difficulty_meter.png

Difficulty modes: Similar to the game mentioned above as difficulty grows the text to your right will change. It is a graphical feature, that actually has nothing to do with the way it works - just a notification for the player.

health.png

Difficulty effects:Again, similar to the game, mentioned above, difficulty has similar effects. Mobs will have more health - even peacefull mobs, like cows and sheep, and pigs. However, peacefull creatures will have much lower health gain than the hostiles. The health increases proportional to the difficulty, and goes from 0(zombie has 20HP), to 250(zombie has 270HP). However, this is really random - mobs are not guaranteed to have that amounts of HP - it varies, but in general, at max difficulty zombies will have a guaranteed 145HP + some amount above that value. Based on the health the mob gains it can get some other benefits - if at maximum difficulty zombie has around 145HP - expect it to hit really hard. And, if he has around 270HP - it's damage may get not affected at all. Damage also varies, and it is completely random - at maximum difficulty the zombie may have around 0-45 added damage, though in general they will have around 15-21.
Mobs may also gain some status effects - the most common is regeneration, but you can encounter speed, resistance, strength and fire resistance.

Special occasions
blight.png

While playing with the mod you may notice some strange mobs around your world... The so called blights, and if you see one - you should run. though you most likely have no chance. There will be more and more blights as the difficulty increases, though it is possible to encounter some even on low difficulty. Blights are mobs, that have 3 times as much health, as the mob should have had at your current difficulty, they have speed 9 on them, they are burning, but not taking any fire damage, they have a very high damage(on the maximum difficuly they were able to one-shot me, and I was wearing Gem Armor from ProjectE(much, much stronger than any armor you can think of)). And the scariest part about them - they are invisible. So, you need to find a way to fight them off(or just turn them off in the config file if you want to). Ow, have I mentioned that they have a set of enchanted armor + weapon?
Health Changes
Phealth.PNG

Health amount: By default you still start with your regular 10 hearts, however, that can be changed in the config file. Want to start with 3 hearts? Or maybe with 30?Health regeneration: Health now regenerates 2 times slower, but it will regenerate as long as your hunger bar is at least half full.
healthC.PNG
Heart drops: You can increase your maximum amount of health by obtaining the Heart Canisters. Those can be found in all vanilla dungeons, and some modded ones. Heart canisters will also drop from the Wither and the Enderdragon. You can also obtain heart canisters from mobs, if you deal the finishing blow. Each canister increases your HP by 2(1 heart). There is no limit to the amount of health you can have.Health display: Your health will no longer display in multiple rows, but will instead change the color based on the amount of health you have - similar to the way TConstruct does it. This feature gets disabled if TConstruct is detected.
Vanity Slots
inventory_0.PNG

inventory_1.PNG

inventory_2.PNG

New inventory
: With this mod you may want to wear the best armor you can get... However, it may look not very good on you. The best does not always mean the fanciest... Well, this mod adds a new button to your inventory, similar to the way Baubles does that - that is the Vanity button in the bottom left corner. If you press that it will open a menu, again, similar to the baubles menu. If you have baubles installed there will be slots for them too. To the right of your armor there will be 4 more armor slots - the armor you put in there will not give any stats/protecion/will not break/etc., but will be displayed on your character instead of the armor you are wearing. To see the changes just close the GUI and wait a little bit. And yes, that works in multiplayer too, so other people can see your shiny gear instead of the regular one!

Ryanasaurus

Jul 29, 2019

DifficultLife.png

Have you ever thought that your game is too easy? Having a tons of mods installed, and mobs are no longer a threat to you? Thinking, that armor from some mods (ProjectE) is way too powerfull, and nothing can damage you? Well then, this mod is for you!

Warning!This mod is designed for modpacks! It is not designed to be played on vanilla minecraft, since there is no gear even close to some gear, required to fight off enemies in the late game.

It is also random2, so if your enderdragon has around 3000 hp - well, your luck is amazing...
Every feature is configurable! Do not like something, or want to change it? Do it yourself using the .cfg file, do not post here.

What this mod does?

This mod adds a difficulty system to the game, similar to the one, introduced in 1.8, but the difficulty is global, not local. Basically, the longer you play your game, the more difficult it is going to be. Let me explain:

Difficulty:
2015-03-23_18.18.21.png

The difficulty bar was inspired by Risk Of Rain - a rogulike 2d shooter game. Similar to that game, it has some stages of difficulty, though they are purely cosmetical. Periodically your difficulty will increase. It becomes noticable very quickly, as monsters gain more health, damage, status effects and armor. 3,5 Real time days are required to fully fill this bar up to the maximum value(can be changed in the config file!)
To simplify the math:
The player has 20 health. That is equal to 10 hearts. Zombie also has 20 health = 10 hearts.Bats only have 6 health = 3 hearts.

difficulty_meter.png

Difficulty modes: Similar to the game mentioned above as difficulty grows the text to your right will change. It is a graphical feature, that actually has nothing to do with the way it works - just a notification for the player.

health.png

Difficulty effects:Again, similar to the game, mentioned above, difficulty has similar effects. Mobs will have more health - even peacefull mobs, like cows and sheep, and pigs. However, peacefull creatures will have much lower health gain than the hostiles. The health increases proportional to the difficulty, and goes from 0(zombie has 20HP), to 250(zombie has 270HP). However, this is really random - mobs are not guaranteed to have that amounts of HP - it varies, but in general, at max difficulty zombies will have a guaranteed 145HP + some amount above that value. Based on the health the mob gains it can get some other benefits - if at maximum difficulty zombie has around 145HP - expect it to hit really hard. And, if he has around 270HP - it's damage may get not affected at all. Damage also varies, and it is completely random - at maximum difficulty the zombie may have around 0-45 added damage, though in general they will have around 15-21.
Mobs may also gain some status effects - the most common is regeneration, but you can encounter speed, resistance, strength and fire resistance.

Special occasions
blight.png

While playing with the mod you may notice some strange mobs around your world... The so called blights, and if you see one - you should run. though you most likely have no chance. There will be more and more blights as the difficulty increases, though it is possible to encounter some even on low difficulty. Blights are mobs, that have 3 times as much health, as the mob should have had at your current difficulty, they have speed 9 on them, they are burning, but not taking any fire damage, they have a very high damage(on the maximum difficuly they were able to one-shot me, and I was wearing Gem Armor from ProjectE(much, much stronger than any armor you can think of)). And the scariest part about them - they are invisible. So, you need to find a way to fight them off(or just turn them off in the config file if you want to). Ow, have I mentioned that they have a set of enchanted armor + weapon?
Health Changes
Phealth.PNG

Health amount
: By default you still start with your regular 10 hearts, however, that can be changed in the config file. Want to start with 3 hearts? Or maybe with 30?Health regeneration: Health now regenerates 2 times slower, but it will regenerate as long as your hunger bar is at least half full.
healthC.PNG
Heart drops: You can increase your maximum amount of health by obtaining the Heart Canisters. Those can be found in all vanilla dungeons, and some modded ones. Heart canisters will also drop from the Wither and the Enderdragon. You can also obtain heart canisters from mobs, if you deal the finishing blow. Each canister increases your HP by 2(1 heart). There is no limit to the amount of health you can have.Health display: Your health will no longer display in multiple rows, but will instead change the color based on the amount of health you have - similar to the way TConstruct does it. This feature gets disabled if TConstruct is detected.
Vanity Slots
inventory_0.PNG

inventory_1.PNG

inventory_2.PNG

New inventory
: With this mod you may want to wear the best armor you can get... However, it may look not very good on you. The best does not always mean the fanciest... Well, this mod adds a new button to your inventory, similar to the way Baubles does that - that is the Vanity button in the bottom left corner. If you press that it will open a menu, again, similar to the baubles menu. If you have baubles installed there will be slots for them too. To the right of your armor there will be 4 more armor slots - the armor you put in there will not give any stats/protecion/will not break/etc., but will be displayed on your character instead of the armor you are wearing. To see the changes just close the GUI and wait a little bit. And yes, that works in multiplayer too, so other people can see your shiny gear instead of the regular one!

Link?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Time for progression by joshie! :)

635643969948571547.png

What is Progression?
Progression is a mod that allows you to control how a player can interact with the world, or the things they can craft, at the basic level. At the more involved level, it allows you to build and design tech trees, where a player cannot complete something until, something else is done. Be this action crafting an item, or collecting drops or more. You can also reward them for completing specific tasks, instead of restricting what they can do, if you so desire. Progression would also allow you to build class systems, restricting what certain groups of players can do, or give them abilities based upon their class. You could for example, forbid a group of people from ever being able to craft a furnace. While another group can build furnaces, but they walk much slower. This is just a basic overview of the things you can do with progression. With it's requirements, conditions and results, you can create many more different systems than I have listed here, making it a very powerful tool for modpack makers.

treeeditor.png
criteriaeditor.png

DifficultLife.png

What this mod does?

Difficulty:
2015-03-23_18.18.21.png

To simplify the math:

difficulty_meter.png

health.png

Special occasions
blight.png

Health Changes
Phealth.PNG

Health amount
: By default you still start with your regular 10 hearts, however, that can be changed in the config file. Want to start with 3 hearts? Or maybe with 30?Health regeneration: Health now regenerates 2 times slower, but it will regenerate as long as your hunger bar is at least half full.
healthC.PNG
Vanity Slots
inventory_0.PNG

inventory_1.PNG

inventory_2.PNG

New inventory
Hmm, the SquidUtils description is somewhat out of date... Maybe something like this:
added and updated

ATOG

Jul 29, 2019
i'm thinking of making a HQM pack i have a concept only not the tools/mod to get this working (or at least i dont know of this tool/mod)

HQM has a quest tracker block that outputs a redstone signal when a quest is completed or progress of a quest

with this signal i want to clone blocks from 1 place in the world to where we are playing

for instance have a 1 story building and when completing a quest 1 want to add a nother floor
or when handing in stone every 12.5% of completing adding a floor to the building

i know commandblocks are a very powerfull tool in minecraft only the /clone command and test for blocks (if blocks are the same) is a 1.8 feature

i'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask if not hope you can help me

yours ATOG

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
i'm thinking of making a HQM pack i have a concept only not the tools/mod to get this working (or at least i dont know of this tool/mod)

HQM has a quest tracker block that outputs a redstone signal when a quest is completed or progress of a quest

with this signal i want to clone blocks from 1 place in the world to where we are playing

for instance have a 1 story building and when completing a quest 1 want to add a nother floor
or when handing in stone every 12.5% of completing adding a floor to the building

i know commandblocks are a very powerfull tool in minecraft only the /clone command and test for blocks (if blocks are the same) is a 1.8 feature

i'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask if not hope you can help me

yours ATOG

worldedit could easily handle the building side of that, I would think you can use it with command blocks but its not something I've really experimented with...

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You can use setblock instead of clone. More initial work, but quite possible to do.

I'd be amazed if there isn't a tool (especially a MCEdit script/filter) to do that automagically for ya.