Too many Diamonds in Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
The config option has already been pointed out many times (including the ambiguity as to what the config means anyway) in this thread, so replying to "I think it should be lower by default" with "Lol change the configs" is objectively redundant and insulting, and in his instance too late because he's already generated his world. Huh.
Yet the void option still exists. It's a sandbox game, you can play how you want

No ones opinion is better than anyone elses here. We all have differing opinions on every facet of minecraftia.

Play how you want and I will play how I want, that: is the beauty of Minecraft there is no right or wrong.

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
The config option has already been pointed out many times (including the ambiguity as to what the config means anyway) in this thread, so replying to "I think it should be lower by default" with "Lol change the configs" is objectively redundant and insulting, and in his instance too late because he's already generated his world. Huh.

1. RetroGen.
2. New Chunks.
Thats all ima say. No more is needed.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Beast, while I know this isnt a competitive game, competition woks its way into every facet of entertainment in one way or another. I enjoy competition and its usually how I enjoy gaming. Some people, myself incuded, like to play with others who are similar and Compete with each other. This can be done in minecraft via hoard size, speed, scale, and whatnot of builds. It compels you to go further thn you would if you were building only for yourself, aand is rewarding because you grow your ability.

This type of playstyle isnt conducive to 'house rules' (self-imposed limitations or self-imposed mechanic changes) and requires some form of scarcity. Its like playing legos and valuing the laser peices more. That's why it bothers some people.

Edit: new forum doesn't like my mobile keyboard

Reactions: zorn

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
Does retrogen work with diamonds?
# This allows for vanilla ore generation to be REPLACED. Configure in the 'world.vanilla' section; vanilla defaults have been provided.
B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=true

# This will retroactively generate ores in previously generated chunks.
B:RetroactiveOreGeneration=false

These are options in the TE config, So if you use TE to overide Vanilla i can only imagine it would retrogen Vanilla ores.

edit: More info coming in a few min, Need to confirm som10

Last edited:

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
Oh also i noticed, The config options i pasted above are the default options in Unleashed 1.1.7

DEFAULT UNLEASHED 1.1.7 TE CONFIGS :
# This allows for vanilla ore generation to be REPLACED. Configure in the 'world.vanilla' section; vanilla defaults have been provided.
B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=true

####################
# iron
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Iron; Defaults: ClusterSize = 12, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 64
####################

iron {
I:ClusterSize=12
I:MaxY=64
I:MinY=0
I:NumClusters=20
B:RetroGen=false
}

####################
# gold
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gold; Defaults: ClusterSize = 12, NumClusters = 3, MinY = 0, MaxY = 32
####################

gold {
I:ClusterSize=12
I:MaxY=32
I:NumClusters=3
}

####################
# redstone
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Redstone; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 8, MinY = 5, MaxY = 20
####################

redstone {
I:ClusterSize=8
I:MaxY=20
I:MinY=5
I:NumClusters=8
}

####################
# diamond
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Diamond; Defaults: ClusterSize = 10, NumClusters = 1, MinY = 5, MaxY = 20
####################

diamond {
I:ClusterSize=10
I:MaxY=20
I:MinY=5
I:NumClusters=1

FRESHY GENERATED TE CONFIG :
B:ReplaceVanillaGeneration=false

####################
# iron
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Iron; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 64
####################

iron {
}

####################
# gold
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gold; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 0, MaxY = 32
####################

gold {
I:NumClusters=2
}

####################
# redstone
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Redstone; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 8, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
####################

redstone {
I:ClusterSize=7
I:MaxY=16
}

####################
# diamond
#===================
# <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Diamond; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 1, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
####################

diamond {
}

Now, in Conclusion, Unleashed 1.1.7 Had Vanilla ore generation over-ride on, while also rasing the gen rates for diamonds, While the default has Vanilla ore generation over-ride off, With the Default Vanilla generation.
And as you see you CAN retrogen all Vanilla ores (I left out some ore config options so this isnt huge)

edit: Infact unleashed has all vanilla ore generation rates set higher

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
My point was that i was stating my opinion. The issue, unless i am mistaken, is that people can't reduce the high ore rates, only increase them. So if there is some sort of bug we are stuck with the high rates.

Specifically this is incorrect. You can change the world to have 0 gold in it so you have to only centrifuge it if you were using gregtech if you're using CoFH core config.

For those that want it I'll post the vanilla equivalent of CoFH world config.

Code:
####################
# world
####################

world {
  ####################
  # vanilla
  #===================
  # This section controls generation specifically related to vanilla Minecraft ores. THESE VALUES ARE USED INSTEAD OF STANDARD GENERATION IF REPLACEMENT IS ENABLED.
  ####################

vanilla {
  ####################
  # dirt
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Dirt; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

dirt {
  I:ClusterSize=32
  I:MaxY=128
  }

####################
  # gravel
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gravel; Defaults: ClusterSize = 32, NumClusters = 10, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

gravel {
  I:ClusterSize=32
  I:NumClusters=10
  }

####################
  # coal
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Coal; Defaults: ClusterSize = 16, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 128
  ####################

coal {
  I:ClusterSize=16
  }

####################
  # iron
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Iron; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 20, MinY = 0, MaxY = 64
  ####################

iron {
  }

####################
  # gold
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Gold; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumClusters = 2, MinY = 0, MaxY = 32
  ####################

gold {
  I:NumClusters=2
  }

####################
  # redstone
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Redstone; Defaults: ClusterSize = 8, NumCluste7s = 8, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
  ####################

redstone {
  }

####################
  # diamond
  #===================
  # <UNIFORM> Generation settings for Diamond; Defaults: ClusterSize = 7, NumClusters = 1, MinY = 0, MaxY = 16
  ####################

diamond {
  }

####################
  # lapis
  #===================
  # <NORMAL> Generation settings for Lapis; Defaults: ClusterSize = 6, NumClusters = 1, MeanY = 16, MaxVar = 16
  ####################

lapis {
  I:ClusterSize=6
  I:MaxVar=16
  I:MeanY=16
  I:MinY=16
  }

}

Also for worlds already generated you are able to retro-gen the world to change the ore distribution.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Another option short of changing config files (which I agree sucks since I had to do it to change all the gregtech stuff in the last pack I played) is to just not keep all the diamonds you get. Lava abounds. If you go mining and you're disturbed about the number of diamonds you came up with, toss em in. If you get too many in your quarries, split the outfeed into two halves and put a diamond pipe on one side that filters diamonds into a void pipe. The other pipe goes right to your chest's or what ever you use.
If you like fewer diamonds because it's more of a challenge you could get creative (since it's a sandbox game after all) and creatively limit your diamond intake to something that feels right to you. Maybe turtles can be coded to dump some into lava. It's all up to you.

I'm not saying there should be more or less diamonds in the game. I'm not saying either that you should like how many diamonds are generated by default. I'm saying I happen to like it. I'd even like a few more. If there were a few less I'd be cool with that too. It's not my first choice, but I'd deal with it.

I personally treat the game as a game and dont take it too seriously. To bring it back to the dude:
40211-Big-Lebowski-Life-goes-on-man-YPLA_zpscd89aea4.jpeg

Thats fine if you enjoy playing that way, I do not. I enjoy opening a chest and saying 'hmm, going to have to do more resource gathering'. If I have so many resources that i have to put diamonds into lava, ill just go to creative mode and make things as i please. I personally play survival to be short on resources, and be forced to go find them.

Last edited:

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
Specifically this is incorrect. You can change the world to have 0 gold in it so you have to only centrifuge it if you were using gregtech if you're using CoFH core config.

Also for worlds already generated you are able to retro-gen the world to change the ore distribution.

Heh i pretty much said the same thing above =), Excluding the Gregtech part

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed ._.

Damn ninja.

XD <3, i would have posted faster but i wanted to confirm my info before putting it out there =), Shouldnt Say things you dont know are true!, Heh also im pretty sure i just helped u hit 1000 likes =D

zorn

Jul 29, 2019

Yep, just found this out, and please note I did not state that ore gen could not be reduced, that was just how I understood it. Still, people said that ore generation was only slightly higher than 'default', but it appears to be much higheer.

In another thread I read, one guy tried the retro-gen thing and ended up having to reboot his world.

If people can adjust configs before starting a world, that solves most of the issue. Ideally people should know before hand that diamond rates will be extremely high compared to older packs. IMO. Wouldnt that end all of the comments here about ore gen being higher in 1.5?

Reactions: BeastFeeder

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yep, just found this out, and please note I did not state that ore gen could not be reduced, that was just how I understood it. Still, people said that ore generation was only slightly higher than 'default', but it appears to be much higheer.

In another thread I read, one guy tried the retro-gen thing and ended up having to reboot his world.

If people can adjust configs before starting a world, that solves most of the issue. Ideally people should know before hand that diamond rates will be extremely high compared to older packs. IMO. Wouldnt that end all of the comments here about ore gen being higher in 1.5?
Pretty sure it was in the configs that ore was boosted. Though some of it may have been in the 1.5.2 ngt changelog.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Yet the void option still exists. It's a sandbox game, you can play how you want

No ones opinion is better than anyone elses here. We all have differing opinions on every facet of minecraftia.

Play how you want and I will play how I want, that: is the beauty of Minecraft there is no right or wrong.

If you notice the early comments a few pages ago were deriding people like me who wanted less diamonds. "build bigger stuff" "it doesnt matter how many resources you have, just what you do with them"

These comments are telling people who want more scarcity that they should not enjoy that. You are saying I should just void the diamonds. I am trying to tell you I dont enjoy voiding diamonds, I like to feel they are scarce. Notice that I am not telling you that diamonds should be scarce in your world, or how to play, I am saying I want them to be rare.

the only person telling others how to play the game is you (and a few others.) Do you not see this? You are telling me I should void them, I am trying to say that is not enjoyable for me. Why do you keep telling me (and others) to not want to reduce diamond ore gen rates? My ideal sandbox is set up so that the game has constraints. Like that diamonds are rare, and i have to struggle to get them. to me if i can void diamonds I might as well play creative mode, all of the thrill of gathering a rare resource is lost.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to start a thread about how there's too much iron. I want less so I can feel like it's scarce. In fact, the mod devs should reduce it in the next version for everyone so I dont have to change the configs.

Vanroden

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to start a thread about how there's too much iron. I want less so I can feel like it's scarce. In fact, the mod devs should reduce it in the next version for everyone so I dont have to change the configs.

No... just no.. The mod devs Cofigure the rate to what they feel is balanced. If you want to change it you can do it yourself.

Edit: Also just note that theyre not gunna change the rate just becuause 2 or 3 people dont like them.

Reactions: BeastFeeder

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If you notice the early comments a few pages ago were deriding people like me who wanted less diamonds. "build bigger stuff" "it doesnt matter how many resources you have, just what you do with them"

They suggested that if they felt they have too many resources. As those same people were talking about many people
would just stockpile resources for the sake of stockpiling and commented that, through their own experience, found it to be more rewarding to never stockpile items and instead build as many contraptions as possible.

This in no way discredits any other form of play and allows you to disregard the way they like to play completely.

These comments are telling people who want more scarcity that they should not enjoy that. You are saying I should just void the diamonds. I am trying to tell you I dont enjoy voiding diamonds, I like to feel they are scarce. Notice that I am not telling you that diamonds should be scarce in your world, or how to play, I am saying I want them to be rare.

Him saying that was more or less a joke. Arguing semantics about whether someone is stating their opinion on a forum is silly. Unless it is duly noted to be fact every post you ever read on this forum ever should be considered an opinion. No one posted what they did intending for it to tell others "You can't enjoy having rarer resources" but instead meant to convey the idea "Hey before you reduce it or come post about it why not try doing xxx". They're encouraging people to try new things but not saying that the current way with which they enjoy the game is wrong.

the only person telling others how to play the game is you (and a few others.) Do you not see this? You are telling me I should void them, I am trying to say that is not enjoyable for me. Why do you keep telling me (and others) to not want to reduce diamond ore gen rates? My ideal sandbox is set up so that the game has constraints. Like that diamonds are rare, and i have to struggle to get them. to me if i can void diamonds I might as well play creative mode, all of the thrill of gathering a rare resource is lost.

He's not telling you not to change them he's simply offering a different option. From this you seem to see it as "No don't ever lower them just void them if you don't like it" what he really means is: "If you have too many just void some so they're scarce again". No one is saying you can't enjoy your view they're just offering their own views for people to try.

None of this is meant to offend either party just to clear up what seems to be some misconceptions.

Reactions: Mero and RedBoss