Too many Diamonds in Unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
lets-beat-that-horse.jpg
:p

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I got 176 diamonds from 1 max sized quarry today, I think in 1.4.7 my best was maybe 30-40.

I don't really see the huge issue because diamonds have about a hundred more usages than vanilla.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I got 176 diamonds from 1 max sized quarry today, I think in 1.4.7 my best was maybe 30-40.

I don't really see the huge issue because diamonds have about a hundred more usages than vanilla.
On the server I'm currently on I had over 400 diamonds before doing any machines. Not even a smeltery. I won't use that many diamonds in the entire time I'm on the world.

Reactions: rhn

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk about how Unleashed is okay, yet people whine at me about increased RR spawn rates. :\ Unleashed has a higher diamond spawn rate...

Whenever you think, "I have too may X" the proper response is, "I guess I'd better build something more awesome."

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk about how Unleashed is okay, yet people whine at me about increased RR spawn rates. :\ Unleashed has a higher diamond spawn rate...

Whenever you think, "I have too may X" the proper response is, "I guess I'd better build something more awesome."

haha, so true. it actually took me quite alot of convincing to actually start using resources for awesome builds then just hog them all in the case you might ever need them for a craft.
and I must say, now that I don't care about saving all the resources, my builds have become a whole lot better

Reactions: PierceSG

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
haha, so true. it actually took me quite alot of convincing to actually start using resources for awesome builds then just hog them all in the case you might ever need them for a craft.
and I must say, now that I don't care about saving all the resources, my builds have become a whole lot better
Exactly. It never matters how many resources you have. What matters is what you do with them.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. It never matters how many resources you have. What matters is what you do with them.

it's actually quite funny if you see people hording all the items, and then being forced to build bigger storages to hold all those items, but trying to do it as cheap as possible. and I'll be honest, I was one of them, but no more!

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
it's actually quite funny if you see people hording all the items, and then being forced to build bigger storages to hold all those items, but trying to do it as cheap as possible. and I'll be honest, I was one of them, but no more!

I hope we can educate people that the time for this is past. I'm not saying the world should be solid ores, but base spawn rates are ridiculous.

Reactions: BeastFeeder

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But that's the core of the game, ridiculous over doing things and massive hoarding!

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a lapis shortage in my newest world so I've had to go caving/mining just to find it. All three times I've gone I've found 30-40 diamonds before finding ANY lapis.

Its awesome.

Reactions: rhn

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Iron blocks are some of the nicest looking blocks in the game. I will need to gather lots of them.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
If you ask me, there aren't ENOUGH diamonds. My diamond fountain isn't done yet. Yes, those are blocks of diamond under the water. WHY? Just because I can. I'm going to put a diamond wall around it to. Why? I already told you.
2013-11-26_141240_zps8fff58f9.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1385500637][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a vanilla thing. Dig at y levels 16-21 for lapis.
Good advice, but my way is more fun. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Museli and PierceSG

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
So... If none of you know anything about statistics and probability, a RNG is a random number generator. There are several ways to implement this in terms of resource generations. Here are a couple.

(a) Every single block, roll a "dice". Depending on the value of the dice, set block value to "x", where x is the block ID for whatever is rolled. There are more faces to this die that are stone, than there are of ores, obviously. You roll a different dice depending on what y-value you are at, as copper doesn't spawn below "n" and diamond only spawns below "m".

(b) Generate an string of numbers, similar to a SEED. i.e. The number used to generate your world. That algorithm may contain several implementations that define a systematic way to which your world is randomly generated. i.e. Put swamp next to desert next to ocean, repeat three times then start next world gen algorithm. This algorithm would also contain the RNG that determines your ore generation.

In the end, the mod can only control the probability that an ore spawns. In order to determine whether an ore gen is OP you would need to take several samples of multiple independent chunks, even worlds and determine the mean value, standard deviation and other statistical values. Once those are known you can state the ore gen rate as x +/- y per chunk and compare it to (a) other ore gen statistics or (b) previous values of same ore gen, prior to mod addition.

I have 15 minutes till the bus comes, give me a break. I'm bored.

Ya, stop the bumping