Too laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerJack

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I try to play Feed The Beast, the game is too slow and the FPS drops to 3. Because of this, my player can barely move at all as it is too laggy. Can anyone help with this problem?

Operating system: Windows 7 64bit Service pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz (Duel quad-core processing)
Ram: 8.00GB

GamerJack

Jul 29, 2019
Toshiba Qosmio F750/030
Graphics: NVIDIA(R) GeFource GT 540M w/Optimus 2GB
Java: 64bit 1.6.0_31
Bit types: Unknown
Other Programs: unknown
Allocated Memory: 250937344

GamerJack

Jul 29, 2019
just installed Java 7. Still no idea on background programs running.
Ran a test; bit better but still laggy. Weird lighting glitch(?) on player's arm.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Are you including Optifine, by chance?

Also, what did you set the Maximum RAM slider to under Options in the Launcher?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
just installed Java 7. Still no idea on background programs running.
Ran a test; bit better but still laggy. Weird lighting glitch(?) on player's arm.
Not background programs. Just other user initiated programs. Your browser, Steam, Skype, Teamspeak. Anyone else using your internet that takes up a lot of bandwidth (Netflix, CoD) could mess with yours.

GamerJack

Jul 29, 2019
I tried Optifine 1.4.2 HD U A7 and it didn't replace the default Optifine so it didn't work.
Also I occasionally use a NETGEAR adapter when the modem stuffs up, but I haven't been using it for a day.
I have no idea what or where RAM slider is.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
In the FTB launcher, there's an Options tab (has the little gears picture). There's a slider there to set the Maximum RAM you Minecraft instance will allow; bumping that up to at least 2.0GB if not more if it isn't already up may be prudent.

Also, there shouldn't be any kind of default Optifine of any flavor installed. Make sure any Optifine whatsoever is completely gone.

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
When FTB is completed with the last major mods and whatever minor ones are missing, is when you should be able to add mods, stably

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Open Nvidia Control panel (right click anywhere on the desktop and it should be in the menu)
Somewhere in there it should be an option for what GPU to use (in "manage 3D settings" i believe), it's probably set on automatic, set it to NVIDIA(R) GeFource GT 540M.
Enjoy. (Note that you should change it back to automatic once you'r done playing minecraft, also it should be possible to add the launcher or java or something to make it automatic, can take a look at it on my laptop tomorrow, supposed to be sleeping now.)

GamerJack

Jul 29, 2019
I gave it 3.00GB of ram and added Optifine again.
I changed some settings and it's stable now, though it could use an extra 1.00GB.

Mooseman9

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine is a pretty buggy modification. It works for some, others it doesn't. Anyways, try different versions of Optifine. Might work then.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure all of your graphics drivers are up to date as well. If Optifine still won't work, wait for the launcher to update again and try it again.

flit

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I'm new to the FTB community, and wanted to host a server that a few friends and I could play on. The server is running optimal, as it did the tekkit and vanilla servers. My computer is running FTB just fine when it is in single player, but something about multiplayer has made the experience unpleasant. Is there something I'm missing, maybe a step I have missed before playing multi? I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything that seemed obvious enough to be the answer.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I'm new to the FTB community, and wanted to host a server that a few friends and I could play on. The server is running optimal, as it did the tekkit and vanilla servers. My computer is running FTB just fine when it is in single player, but something about multiplayer has made the experience unpleasant. Is there something I'm missing, maybe a step I have missed before playing multi? I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything that seemed obvious enough to be the answer.
By that im guessing your server is hosted on the same computer you'r playing on?
If so, try connecting to it using the ip 127.0.0.1 and see if that helps.

flit

Jul 29, 2019
No, I host it on a dedicated server box. I tried to use optifine, as i just recently saw some buzz about that, but it did not help my multiplayer woes at all. Whats different for FTB between single player and multiplayer that would change my experience at all? Before anyone chimes in and says there is lag, I already know that isnt the issue. I've stopped the FTB server, spun my Tekkit back up, and multi is just fine.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Is the server located in your local network?
Are you using the local IP to connect to it?
What kind of lag are we talking about, low framerates or latency issues like blocks reappearing and doors taking forever to open?

Status
Not open for further replies.