Too laggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

flit

Jul 29, 2019
IP is local, use the 192.* to connect, its framerates. Like i said though, runs fine in single. Try in multi and its chop city.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Im clueless really, but troubbleshooting is always fun.
What's your FPS in singleplayer?
What's your FPS in multiplayer?
Are you on a laptop?

flit

Jul 29, 2019
Im back on tekkit for now. I will give FTB another run some other time. Thanks for trying to provide input. I appreciate it. Sorry to the original poster for hijacking your sesh.

flit

Jul 29, 2019
I did try optifine, and it helped non. only have minecraft open when im playing minecraft, so its not a process issue. Like I said though, fine in single, choppy in multi. Whats the big diff from single to multi without factoring lag because I know thats not it, or at least it hasnt effected both tekkit and vanilla servers.

iguanian

Jul 29, 2019
gday i have the same issue. i am running an ftb server and playing on it from the same computer. i have 6g of ram. the symptoms are staggery character movement, reappearing block, slow to open containers etc. i have set the server ram to 1024m-4g what other settings could i tweak to stop this issue/

Miralindo

Jul 29, 2019
We had our server on a hosting provider though Multiminecraft and Even still I was lagging, I Ran on tekkit and normal servers just fine, or even custom servers just fine, but FTB servers just kill my pc, I have tried everything I can think of, From reinstalling windows 7, to reinstalling java, to Upgrading windows 7 64bit to windows 8, Tried Optifine with and Without, Quard Core, with a nvidia g-force 550TI, Java 6 and java 7 both tested with both 32/64bit Offline versions

a few of my friends have this issue too, Tried increasing virtual memory, Tried increasing allocated ram, and still the game likes to "Stop and go, stop and go" and sometimes hard freezes, and this ONLY happens on FTB

Any help would be appreciated, but OP and the other person are not the only person having this issue.

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
Try removing Portalgun from the server and the clients. See if that helps. On our server, doing that ended our lag and end of stream errors.

Kansas

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't noticed much lag but from your specs you should be able to run at a reasonable FPS.
What I have noticed though is that when I'm looking up recipes with NEI and I go to the second page, my FPS drops from 400 to 8 so if anyone knows what's causing it that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.