Tinker's Steelworks for Newbies (A Reference Guide for the Rest Of Us!)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Oh yeah, of course. I've spent a lot of time thinking about copyright, and I've managed to stay legal with this pack. :D
More or less what I said was "Here is a guide to steel: <link>"
Is that good enough?
Perfect!

I've just had to have a 'discussion' with a couple of people about attribution recently. You're perfectly okay. Linking is always good. There was just this individual who did a copy-paste and tried to claim it as being made by that individual because 'it isn't the original anymore because I changed it', when the only change was the attribution. This is not what you are doing, so you are A-O-GUD!

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect!

I've just had to have a 'discussion' with a couple of people about attribution recently. You're perfectly okay. Linking is always good. There was just this individual who did a copy-paste and tried to claim it as being made by that individual because 'it isn't the original anymore because I changed it', when the only change was the attribution. This is not what you are doing, so you are A-O-GUD!
:D
That's my favorite phrase as well! XD
I'm just waiting on some artwork for my pack, then I'll publish it and post a link to the page here if you want.
//Shameless self-plug

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I appreciate the guide you took time to write about the High Oven, but I would have liked confirmation on the actual size needed to create this thing in the first place. I must have read through multiple times and still did not clearly see a section that dealt with size conformity. I even read through the first page or two of comments and still nobody mentions the MAX size you can have a High Oven at or even if this Deep Tank actually needs to be underneath the oven or not.

Still, I appreciate the effort and some things were worth noting down. Thanks.
A High Oven can be built a maximum of eight blocks tall (including the roof and floor), and I strongly suggest you do so
Yes it does. It then goes into detail over the next two paragraphs specifically concerning WHY it is most efficient to build this size.

Reactions: Padfoote

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hi ShneekeyTheLost, I don't think you completely understand what I was trying to say. I simply meant that no where was it stated that the multi-block structure could NOT be larger than 3x3 blocks wide. This entire guide had me hanging as to what the max size was for the High Oven. Not to mention only brief information about the Deep Tank which I thought sounded useful.

It's important to list every detail for the people who don't have time to sit there and place blocks down seeing how big they can make something until it works (or breaks). I understand you rely somewhat on assuming people have read up on the wikis about the High Oven etc. but it doesn't hurt to relay that info again, especially when some of us come to this page first from Google. I understood why it was efficient to build tall but I only had experience with the Smeltery which has many sizes.
Please refer to the in-game documentation already provided to you in Minecraft which clearly states, with pictures and annotations, that it is always going to be a 3 x 3. Put one of the tinker's books on a casting table and pour molten cobble over it.

This is a guide, it is intended as a supplemental reference in addition to the ones already available to you, not as original feature documentation which has already been supplied to you.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Also the original post was started in 2014.
This post might be out of date. It's like complaining that a TiCo guide from early 2014 didn't mention that smelteries can be any size and could only be 3x3 interior. As it was true at one time and no longer isn't.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... someone had too much salt this morning...
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the salt lake today?

Essentially you want a mod that's been changing hands on and off for years to have better documentation then it currently does?
Also that those devs double their work by needing to update on all the other wikkis.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote