Tinkers' Construct, why only allow up to a Hardened Capacitor for Flux?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
The newer versions of Ticon adds too many new materials anyway and combine that with extraTic materials and its just plain confusing now. I still make my tools out of cobalt, ardite, paper and thaumium. Although I did try making a signalum crossbow after reading about it on this forum. Its so fast it seems like theres something wrong with the game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Although I did try making a signalum crossbow after reading about it on this forum. Its so fast it seems like theres something wrong with the game.
Its definitely ridiculous. Machine-gunning down the end dragon in a couple seconds is silly. I've heard rumors its slated to be "fixed" in an upcoming version.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The newer versions of Ticon adds too many new materials anyway and combine that with extraTic materials and its just plain confusing now. I still make my tools out of cobalt, ardite, paper and thaumium. Although I did try making a signalum crossbow after reading about it on this forum. Its so fast it seems like theres something wrong with the game.

That kind of reminds me of when AE2 anounced the channel system. "Ohhh noooo. so complex for no reason :( " And now no one cares about it anymore.
Not saying TC will be the same or that it is idd confusion atm. But I think you cant blame it for being more complex. At the end we(mod comunity) reuquiere complex and versatil mods dont we?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That kind of reminds me of when AE2 anounced the channel system. "Ohhh noooo. so complex for no reason :( " And now no one cares about it anymore.
Not saying TC will be the same or that it is idd confusion atm. But I think you cant blame it for being more complex. At the end we(mod comunity) reuquiere complex and versatil mods dont we?
I don't think he was really complaining that it was too complex. epidemia's not really intimidated by complexity. Its more a commentary that the materials are washing each other out a bit; its not like they offer anything new, just lots and lots of the exact same stuff (with inevitable whats-the-best-material inflation)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I want to arguee with someone about something! Stop beeing so polite Pyure and taking all my arguments down :(
I will go home now and play Infinity still have to setup forestry mashines in my autocrafting room. Hell... this will be fun.....not

Reactions: Lethosos and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I want to arguee with someone about something! Stop beeing so polite Pyure and taking all my arguments down :(
I will go home now and play Infinity still have to setup forestry mashines in my autocrafting room. Hell... this will be fun.....not
Life's too short to argue with people when you can be killing chaos dragons instead :)

Reactions: Lethosos

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
A Youtuber I watch said that the new version of TiC makes you have a tool for each situation and not a single tool for everything and I find that to be something very good

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as long as you play with "keepInventory=true" it can be. On the otherside when tinkering around in base with mashienes and blocks I get stressed quickly if I have to change from matthock to pick to wrench all the time.
If you could have 1 multitool with "normal" speed for tinkering and then have other tools that are upgradeable that would be nice.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Well, as long as you play with "keepInventory=true" it can be. On the otherside when tinkering around in base with mashienes and blocks I get stressed quickly if I have to change from matthock to pick to wrench all the time.
If you could have 1 multitool with "normal" speed for tinkering and then have other tools that are upgradeable that would be nice.
Someone should make an addon for TC4 that adds an Yeta Wrench Focus and a Configurator Focus.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

I love the channel system and never complained about it.

I don't think he was really complaining that it was too complex. epidemia's not really intimidated by complexity. Its more a commentary that the materials are washing each other out a bit; its not like they offer anything new, just lots and lots of the exact same stuff (with inevitable whats-the-best-material inflation)

Yeah the new materials dont do much to add complexity, they just add a ton of STUFF. Maybe new versions of Ticon should change things so there are drawbacks to certain materials that can be offset by other materials that also have their downsides.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah the new materials dont do much to add complexity, they just add a ton of STUFFFLUFF. Maybe new versions of Ticon should change things so there are drawbacks to certain materials that can be offset by other materials that also have their downsides.

ftfy. But yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. Choosing your materials should involve actual decision making. Decisions being more than "what is the best number on this spreadsheet".

Can you imagine the horror if this happened though? The AE2 bitching would pale in comparison. Reddit itself would fail.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
A Youtuber I watch said that the new version of TiC makes you have a tool for each situation and not a single tool for everything and I find that to be something very good

This seems to be true at the moment... On FC1 DW20 made a mattock. It's only use seems to be to replace a vanilla hoe now, as it won't cut wood or dig soil/gravel/sand.

Keep in mind that this is still beta, if not alpha, and may change before release.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I love the channel system and never complained about it.

Yeah the new materials dont do much to add complexity, they just add a ton of STUFF. Maybe new versions of Ticon should change things so there are drawbacks to certain materials that can be offset by other materials that also have their downsides.

I think whoever is working on TiCo should create a new, extremely expensive/hard to craft alloy and put out fake stats on it.

This new alloy (Unobtanium?) behaves like the alloy created with tin and lead... Both have melting temperatures above 1000 F if I recall correctly, but the alloy every electronics wonk knows as solder melts at temperatures between 400-600 F and is so soft if you made a pick with it and hit stone just once the pick would look more like Moe hit Curly's head with it, or mashed into a hammer :D

This would be fun around 1 Apr., as long as you could reverse craft it to get the original materials back...

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I used minetweaker to rename one of the asteroid belt metals from Galacticraft "unobtanium" and planned to make it used for OP tools and machines like the Digital Miner but decided GC just wasnt really worth the stress it puts on my computer and stopped using it.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I used minetweaker to rename one of the asteroid belt metals from Galacticraft "unobtanium" and planned to make it used for OP tools and machines like the Digital Miner but decided GC just wasnt really worth the stress it puts on my computer and stopped using it.
If you have Thaumic Tinkere w/ KAMI enabled you should make that there's no recipe for bedrockium and the only way to get it is in the Bedrock dimension, and gate all the tech behind(?) that dimension.