Tinker's Construct + GregTech?

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to go with Unhinged after all, and I found that Tinker's Construct wasn't in the modpack.
It's a really cool mod and I'd like to use it, but I don't want to give up GregTech as well.

I'm new to all this modding and stuff, so I decided to ask you guys first before I manage to screw up something important:
Is it a good idea to mix Tinker's Construct with GregTech?
Or is it even possible? (I heard that it sometimes crashes your game, but I'm not sure)

Edit: I decided to get rid of GregTech; the recent updates turned it from a difficult and challenging mod to a tedious and grindier one :/

Reactions: PierceSG

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to go with Unhinged after all, and I found that Tinker's Construct wasn't in the modpack.
It's a really cool mod and I'd like to use it, but I don't want to give up GregTech as well.

I'm new to all this modding and stuff, so I decided to ask you guys first before I manage to screw up something important:
Or is it even possible? (I heard that it sometimes crashes your game, but I'm not sure)

no. yes. yes.

xCouzchat7

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, and it is possible. The only reason it would crash is if you have a Block ID conflict.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
There was some drama a while back about the authors of those two particular modpacks. While I believe it was resolved, do proceed with caution.

In a sense that drama was the reason we have Unleashed and Unhinged, instead of one monolithic one-pack-to-rule-them-all like Ultimate was (is, if you still play 1.4.7)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

You could also go the other way - go with Unleashed and simply add GregTech. It seems to be the more "complete" pack and if things like DartCraft or EE3 are too overpowered for your taste, they can be disabled with a few mouse clicks. Unhinged seems to have also the Hard recipes for a lot of other mods enabled, plus all the insane recent recipes in GregTech itself. (Unless that is the reason you are going for Unhinged in the first place. :))

But yep, so far no issues to use TC and GregTech together in the FTB Unleashed pack.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
If you add TC to the Unhinged pack, disable the feature breaking config in TC that forces 4 wood planks from logs.
If you add GT to the Unleashed pack, disable the feature breaking config in TC that forces 4 wood planks from logs and enable the config in GT that gives 5 wood planks from logs with a handsaw and 4 wood planks otherwise.

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
If you add TC to the Unhinged pack, disable the feature breaking config in TC that forces 4 wood planks from logs.
If you add GT to the Unleashed pack, disable the feature breaking config in TC that forces 4 wood planks from logs and enable the config in GT that gives 5 wood planks from logs with a handsaw and 4 wood planks otherwise.

I decided to add GT to Unleashed; how do I edit the config?

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
That's alright, I didn't know if you knew this or not but I thought I'd mention anyway.
You're very welcome~!

Reactions: Siro

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Starting from your feedthebeast folder.
\Unleashed\minecraft\config\

If you're not sure where your feedthebeast folder is, run the game, go to texture packs, go to "Texture Pack Folder", go out of that folder and go into config.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
4cAj9.png

Right here, inside the config folder.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
It's not in the Tinker's Workshop folder (whatever folder that maybe) it's in the config folder that is in your Minecraft instance (which in this case is FTB Unleashed).

Edit: Gah, ninja'd ;)

Shamrock_Frost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused now. But I meant where in the actual file. Not in the folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1377646592][/DOUBLEPOST]So which should I edit, and what should I edit in the file.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Open up the file and it should have a big list that looks something like this:
Code:
XYZ=true
DoThisThing=32.334
a.b.c=false
You then change the values in the list

Before XYZ=true
After XYZ=false

Shamrock_Frost

Jul 29, 2019
Look, I understand how to edit config files. I am looking for the text I edit to allow Gregtech to work with TConstruct.