TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
So here's what's fucked up beyond repair in 1.6.4 : chunk generating/loading and hostile mobs. They seem to memoryleak/lag server beyond any quarry spill ever.

hiimcody1

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone seen issues with 1.5.2 where you can rightclick and items datavalues change or are just lost?

For example a WirelessTerminal or any pickaxe in my hand would reset it's damagevalue to 0 if I right-click with it in my hand (also just randomly) Doesn't happen on mcpc+ w/o TT :( [TT 1.5.2 - bigdig 1.3.13 - mcpc+ 652]

Last edited:

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Well nallar, either you inspired those lazy mojangstas to code like real coders (you) and not some amateur indie noobs(mojang).
To be clear, it's one thing to design great game, it's another to run it smoothly.
1.6.4 zombie Ai have memory leaks and cause TPS hell. Well, great, that's just great.

Last edited:

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you nallar for starting up on TT for 1.6.4 again, the fact that you are trying is really nice to know.

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i hope nallar will have time to finish it , and i hope you people will donate, i know i will. Let this be some motivation for his amazing job.
Who wants to play on laggy servers anyway. :)

AtroCty

Jul 29, 2019
Holy shit, thanks for this amazing plugin, it solved all my lagg issues in an instant! Do i get this straight, the performance of the actual chunks is depending on the user, not the server, right? Because players with insane bases experience more laggs now than before while all other users have perfect performance...

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Huh? This mod only makes server threaded, so threads don't block each other, so server can do shit simultaneously without waiting for chain of events.

Without tt(my guess):
process stuff in world->process stuff in nether->process stuff in end->calculate some mob shit-> calculate players->generate chunks->send chunks->send players changes->repeat

TT(my guess):
Process shit in world->Wait for tick synchro
Process shit in nether-> Wait for tick synchro
Process shit in end-> Wait for tick synchro
Process shit in end-> Wait for tick synchro
Generate chunks-> Generate more shit if needed -> repeat
Send chunks-> Wait for tick synchro
Send changes-> Wait for tick synchro

Wait for tick synchro-> repeat->

mchugh214

Jul 29, 2019
Is their a way to run this from the Jar only on Multicraft. I have to ssh and if I close the program on my pc it will close the server down. Plus if it crashes and im not on it will be hard to start the server up.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i hope nallar will have time to finish it , and i hope you people will donate, i know i will. Let this be some motivation for his amazing job.
Who wants to play on laggy servers anyway. :)
Been quite ill past few days, not got much done other than watching lord of the rings and other procrastination.

Work will resume shortly.

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Been quite ill past few days, not got much done other than watching lord of the rings and other procrastination.

I've been sick myself for 3 weeks now, god damn cold or something, you should probably get better first too.

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019

Take it easy nallar, get some rest, procrastinate more and then when you actually feel like doing something, do something. We can wait.

mchugh214

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very nice mod thanks. All problems have been solved as well can finally get my server going. Cant wait for FTB Unleashed 1.6.4

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Some offtopic since people been mentioning it here. You know what? Fck it. Anyone else been sick with cold for over 3-4 weeks and not getting better? I'm not very sick, i'm just slightly sick, but for very long now.

mchugh214

Jul 29, 2019
Does the 1.6.4 tickthreading not work at all. Is it possible to find out for how long. sorry for asking

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
It's definetly broken as nallar suggested on the front page. As for how long, there is no ETA. He's doing this of his own volition.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
TT for 1.6.4 and up will be a server wrapper, similar to how forge can be installed now where you start the server from the forge jar and the forge jar loads the server.

Will hopefully have a testable build up soon.

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019
TT for 1.6.4 and up will be a server wrapper, similar to how forge can be installed now where you start the server from the forge jar and the forge jar loads the server.

Will hopefully have a testable build up soon.

I worship the ground you walk on nallar! :D Keep up the good work!