TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
How did it go? Completely broken? :D

Working on updating TT to 1.6.4 for anyone who wants to try it, can guarantee everything will be broken.

Fairly broken nallar but working for the most part. I had to remove it from one of my servers due to crashes. Are you still taking tickets in Github?

Can't wait to see a TT 1.6, expect big donations!

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly broken nallar but working for the most part. I had to remove it from one of my servers due to crashes. Are you still taking tickets in Github?

Yep, still taking tickets for TickProfiler. Not taking any for old TT versions, will be taking them again once 1.6 builds are up.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019

Fixed TP now.

Still working on updating TT.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Added back onto servers, will report back any issues.

I've been refreshing your build server like a madman for TT :)
I'll post here when testable builds are up.

There will be some builds that actually compile today, but they won't work at all. Need to rewrite some patching/classloading stuff for FML changes due to 1.6.x launcher changes.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
I'll post here when testable builds are up.

There will be some builds that actually compile today, but they won't work at all. Need to rewrite some patching/classloading stuff for FML changes due to 1.6.x launcher changes.

I hope I will be able to help via pull request or just more then just doing testing this time around. Been studying alot more on ASM and Threading in general over the past few months. Currently working on algorithm efficiencies.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
. . .Multicraft is just a bad server wrapper. It will work just as well as any other server wrapper.

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but, back in 1.4.7 i used vanilla server + TT and could not find any better combination for best server performance. I mean this tick threading stuff just rule!

Just a question, is MCPC+ good wrapper? For me it lags as hell, and vanilla server seems much faster on 1.6.2

Last edited:

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
Great! Been out of pocket the last several weeks and looks like some work has been a happen'en...

And regarding the above comment from CPY, I really have never focused on TT and plain vanilla (no mods) but am curious about the performance. Who all's using the current builds? Major problems? Or do they work for the most part?

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you even need TT when you don't play with mods? I hope Nallar put some paypal donate button after he's done with 1.6.4. I need this mod more than any other mod i've ever used.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you even need TT when you don't play with mods? I hope Nallar put some paypal donate button after he's done with 1.6.4. I need this mod more than any other mod i've ever used.

When you have a server with 500+ people on it and you don't want someone's vanilla mob spawner to cause the server to freeze, or a mass TNT explosion/Chest explosion etc.

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
I never had more than 10 people online, so yeah, never had that problem, sad thing is, 1.6.4 is such bad slow server, i don't even know ho mojang could release those updates without fixing their code.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
I never had more than 10 people online, so yeah, never had that problem, sad thing is, 1.6.4 is such bad slow server, i don't even know ho mojang could release those updates without fixing their code.

Ya I am noticing the chunkgen lag from 1.6.4. On 1.5.2 chunk generation never caused issues, but for my simple testing server which had 3 people on it, it grinds to a halt

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Ya I am noticing the chunkgen lag from 1.6.4. On 1.5.2 chunk generation never caused issues, but for my simple testing server which had 3 people on it, it grinds to a halt
It's not chunk generating, or is it? Because when me and my friend play on server, not walking from base so we're 100% sure we're not generating new chunks, game just lags like hell after a while. It starts ok, then it just turn into lag hell.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
It's not chunk generating, or is it? Because when me and my friend play on server, not walking from base so we're 100% sure we're not generating new chunks, game just lags like hell after a while. It starts ok, then it just turn into lag hell.

well for me the issue was chunk generation/chunk loading. It seems to be fine if we stay in the same area as I have not restarted it in a few days and its still at 20 tps and does not appear to have sprung a memory leak.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for working on this project again! It will be very much needed once the rest of the new FTB 1.6.4 packs come out.