TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to disable TickThreading's built in anti-cheat? It incorrectly detects players moving incorrectly, and every time they teleport, it forces players momentum to 0. This way, Portal Gun Mod mechanics are broken as well as various other issues. Thanks.

I don't actually add any anticheat, just report what vanilla normally logs to console to admins. Disable "antiCheatNotify" in TT's config.

Also, try disabling concurrentMovementUpdates, that may fix the issues with movement, although you'll miss out on any performance benefit it would have given you.

Robbo905

Jul 29, 2019
I don't actually add any anticheat, just report what vanilla normally logs to console to admins. Disable "antiCheatNotify" in TT's config.

Also, try disabling concurrentMovementUpdates, that may fix the issues with movement, although you'll miss out on any performance benefit it would have given you.

Where can I find this option? It's not in my config\TickThreading.cfg file. Thanks!

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to disable Tickthreading displaying in the actual server console? Or even disabling reporting completely? My log files are filling up quickly

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to implement this on a MCPC+ Legacy Build 66 server. I heard it fixes dupes, if this is true, which ones does it fix? Running FTB Ultimate and hoping to reduce dependency on my item bans system and improve server performance.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to implement this on a MCPC+ Legacy Build 66 server. I heard it fixes dupes, if this is true, which ones does it fix? Running FTB Ultimate and hoping to reduce dependency on my item bans system and improve server performance.

It used to fix the canvas dupe, that fix was removed as it broke RP tweaks, which should be used instead to fix that. There are not any other dupe fixes yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1370658481][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there anyway to disable Tickthreading displaying in the actual server console? Or even disabling reporting completely? My log files are filling up quickly

Log files shouldn't be filling up, console shouldn't be spammed, it means stuff's broken. Make issues if you haven't already, I'll get around to fixing them soon-ish-maybe.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, that would explain why I tried to use it and it didn't stop the dupe from the canvas bag. I actually found RP tweaks and am using that now, thank you!

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Hey,

i have a shared Server where i cant run the PATCHME, so tried the following:

Patch it lokal on Win7
Patch it on my Root with Debian

but it dosent matter which patched version i take, if i upload it to the shared server and try to start it, it says :

2013-06-08 21:35:15 [WARNING] [TickThreading] Patching required for /home/s213586/Minecraft/mods/Thaumcraft.zip because it is out of date.
Expected -1296671339, got -1913867872
2013-06-08 21:35:15 [WARNING] [TickThreading] Patching required for /home/s213586/Minecraft/mods/thaumicbees.jar because it is out of date.
Expected 1952739043, got -1

alway for those two.

is there a work around ?

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
is there a way to disable the moved too quickly info completly or at least ingame. every time a player reaches the worldboarder the admins get hundreds of moved too quickly

Robbo905

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to disable the moved too quickly info completly or at least ingame. every time a player reaches the worldboarder the admins get hundreds of moved too quickly

Go into your server's folder and go to /config/TickThreading.cfg. There's an option for it almost right at the top of the file.

Kusinagie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm moving my testing sever to my roommate's computer and i was wondering if anyone has made an auto update bat script for this or if someone could assist me in making one

I have done a bit of searching and can't seem to find a Minecraft related example. It looks like i need to find an example from something random and make it work for this.

If anyone is interested:
It would:
a. Copy the Tickthreading jar from a location (say a dropbox folder so if i dont want him to update i can take it out without his comp on) into the mods folder.
b. Delete the contents of the Patchedmods folder.
c. Run the PATCHME.cmd
D. (optionaly) Run the server.bat file.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
You forgot a couple steps:

A: Stop the server.

B: Delete old Tick Threading jar.

C: Install new Tick Threading jar.

D: Start the server.

E: Stop the server.

F: Run PATCHME.

G: Start the server.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you're all adding unnecessary steps. :)

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then
    echo "Usage: $0 <build number>"
    exit 1
fi

rm mods/TickThreading-*.jar
wget http://nallar.me/buildservice/job/TickThreading/$1/artifact/target/TickThreading.jar -O mods/TickThreading-$1.jar
java -cp "mods/TickThreading-$1.jar:lib/guava-12.0.1.jar" me.nallar.tickthreading.patcher.PatchMain patcher "mindcrack.jar,coremods,mods" "$@"

Change "mindcrack.jar" to your server jar name.

Reactions: DZCreeper

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
You forgot a couple steps:

A: Stop the server.

B: Delete old Tick Threading jar.

C: Install new Tick Threading jar.

D: Start the server.

E: Stop the server.

F: Run PATCHME.

G: Start the server.

I think u dont need step d and e