TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

cpy

Jul 29, 2019
Best mod ever! Thank you for creating this, i mean i have never seen anything that made my server ran so smooth, and those debug infos are just great!

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Wait. . . .

I can buy coding time? If I wasn't broke I would throw money around till this worked with MCPC+.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably still best to use MyTown for protection. As far as I know, it blocks everything.
Tickthreading?

Using version 942

Error Here

Was there anything else in the console log? That looks like an error caused trying to stop after another error. (Also, with BukkitForge, did you remember to turn off world cleaning?)

MinerDude333

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably still best to use MyTown for protection. As far as I know, it blocks everything.

Was there anything else in the console log? That looks like an error caused trying to stop after another error. (Also, with BukkitForge, did you remember to turn off world cleaning?)
Congrats on 1000th build btw! You're so awesome!

Killra Stealer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i have a server with about 10 people that comes and goes. we are starting to have slight lags from time to time and i saw this and I'm wondering how stable this mod is. are we talking about a crash every minute/hour/day/week/month? i use ramdisk with save-off and run save-all once every 30 minutes at the same time as i copy the world from ramdisk to my hard drive. i could set up an automatic restart but that would give us a up to 30 minute rollback at crash(right?) so is this for me or should i wait for a more stable build?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
the mod is stable. i had no crashes from it. ever. errors from time to time, yes. but the moder is working on it. as for ramdisk. you just have to test :)

Killra Stealer

Jul 29, 2019
so if it doesn't crash what is the reason to not use it? what kind of errors are we talking about?
I'll probably test it later as i don't have that much time right now.

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Example
Code:
03-02 15:41:49 [SEVERE] [TickThreading] Exception during tile entity tick
ticking: c buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe@42784521 x,y,z: 504, 115, -666 at x,y,z:504,115,-666
Tick region: rX: 31, rZ: -41, hashCode: -2686945:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.fill(PipeTransportLiquids.java:525)
at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.fill(PipeTransportLiquids.java:518)
at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.fill(TileGenericPipe.java:532)
at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.moveFromPipe(PipeTransportLiquids.java:359)
at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.moveLiquids(PipeTransportLiquids.java:342)
at buildcraft.transport.PipeTransportLiquids.updateEntity(PipeTransportLiquids.java:194)
at buildcraft.transport.Pipe.updateEntity(Pipe.java:166)
at buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe.g(TileGenericPipe.java:189)
at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.tickregion.TileEntityTickRegion.doTick(TileEntityTickRegion.java:99)
at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.tickregion.TickRegion.run(TickRegion.java:42)
at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.ThreadManager$2.run(ThreadManager.java:89)
at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.ThreadManager$1.run(ThreadManager.java:40)
at me.nallar.tickthreading.minecraft.ThreadManager$ServerWorkThread.run(ThreadManager.java:150)

From time to time. The server work. the pipe work. Also i don't have the last build on my server. This may be fixed already. There is no reason not to use it :) Even forge gives a error from time to time

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
I get this exception after repatching from 1006 to 1025 :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate interface name in class file in
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:787)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:447)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2451)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2694)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1622)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:494)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:486)