TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

Sp0nge

Jul 29, 2019
I would still recommend build 290, we have tested kinda all builds from that and up, and i would say that 290 should still stay the recommended one. I honestly dont know what build we are running on _right now_ but i think its the 402 build. I guess later today a new stable build will get avalible, atleast in the speed current builds have been done :)

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear that Sp0nge, getting annoyed by some thickthreading spam in the console (working treads or something like that, can check later today in the logs, although i presume they where already reported a while aka builds back)

EDIT checked the console by remote. Getting spamming by
Code:
[SEVERE] Unhandled exception in worker thread

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Good to hear that Sp0nge, getting annoyed by some thickthreading spam in the console (working treads or something like that, can check later today in the logs, although i presume they where already reported a while aka builds back)

EDIT checked the console by remote. Getting spamming by
Code:
[SEVERE] Unhandled exception in worker thread
--- (your signature)
Got a technical problem - don't forget to upload logfiles to pastebin.com and link them in your problem post ;)

You've forgotten to do something! :'(

edit: And sorry to anyone who used build 407, thousands of passive mobs were not supposed to spawn :p

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
i know naller, as written it's written above i presumed that it whould have been reported, and it was on your github but will make one in a min, since i''m home now ;)

EDIT: The TT mod has a logfile of 0, although there are plenty of errors in the serverlogfiles. they are incomming
EDIT2: Happy now: https://github.com/nallar/TickThreading/issues/48 ;)

Reactions: nallar

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Updated stable-ish build to 409. Latest may be buggy, needs testing - I've attempted to remove some locking related to tile entities.

Puremin0rez

Jul 29, 2019
@Everyone

466 is a very beautiful build, I've had zero problems the entire time I've been running it - that's the first time since 209 :)

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Awsome News Pure, Even better work nallar. Will try this one tonight when i get home from work. The current one i'm on is running amasing aswell, even held the server (was laggy though) when one of my workds was using a 4546% load >.< (have no idea atm what version it is lol).

EDIT was using 420 :)

Puremin0rez

Jul 29, 2019
Just reconfirming that 466 is a great build to run on MindCrack ModPack (Plus Mystcraft Minus ChickenChunks)

I've had almost 12 hours of uptime with zero errors in console. Almost 20 online!

Thanks for putting stability back into TT, Nallar! :)

Edit: I should mention I mean on the server - not client. I've never ran TT on a client so I don't know how it'd work - Nallar says it doesn't really work too great so I wouldn't try to be honest.

NooBxGockeL

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a lot of OutOfMemory Errors/Crashes here, not fun!
Running on the praised 466 build, it runs smothly and very nice, but the outofmemory is killing me...
I'll try to upgrade my server in terms of specs and then lets see...

EDIT:
Yep, sorry to say, but if you're on a really low end machine (max 10 player) you should try it out,
but for me it made it worse...

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a lot of OutOfMemory Errors/Crashes here, not fun!
Running on the praised 466 build, it runs smothly and very nice, but the outofmemory is killing me...
I'll try to upgrade my server in terms of specs and then lets see...

EDIT:
Yep, sorry to say, but if you're on a really low end machine (max 10 player) you should try it out,
but for me it made it worse...
Paste the exact error, if it's out of native memory it means you set your stack size too high.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
I've now implemented chunk caching - simply set a value higher than 0 in the config. Unlike forge's dormant chunk cache, this actually works!