Thoughts on Mojang & Mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should Mojang....

• Adopt Forge?

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Continue with "Official Mod API"?

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Work with the Forge team and ForeCraft modders to produce something everyone will like?

Votes: 43 60.6%

• Total voters

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
and if you can't do it better yourself, then stop whining, just like people teached me when I was whining about greg and his nerfs.

First off, taught*, not "teached". Secondly, AGAIN: this is the internet, specifically a forum. Forums are here for communication. If you don't like to communicate, you should not be on a forum.

Your issue with GregTech is that you blame it for everything, and don't even stop to consider that GregTech has modified the balance of the game for those of us that have played MineCraft enough to be able to find diamonds in our sleep.

Unlike you, I'm providing feedback which is required to get something changed that needs to be changed, as opposed to whining about something I don't understand (which still seems to be the case regarding your interactions with GregTech content).

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
First off, taught*, not "teached". Secondly, AGAIN: this is the internet, specifically a forum. Forums are here for communication. If you don't like to communicate, you should not be on a forum.

Your issue with GregTech is that you blame it for everything, and don't even stop to consider that GregTech has modified the balance of the game for those of us that have played MineCraft enough to be able to find diamonds in our sleep.

of course you blame him for everything! mined that MFE with a pick? his fault!, the wither killed you? his fault!, you forgot to bring torches to a cave? his fault! since when making stuff stupidly hard is balance?

so whining is ''comunication''... remind me to say that the next anti-gregtech topic.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
What Gus is talking about is your posts are based on emotion, not logic. A knee jerk reaction to what is being said. It is like someone yelling at a sports team..wait lemme get better. It is like someone yelling at professional wrestling when one of the favourites loses. "OMG John Cena got his butt handed to him by that 90 year old grandma! As god as my witness he is broken in half!" And the fan bursts into tears even though it is planned out. It is like an extreme, again like not meaning you are this, a Blizzard fanboy whom can see no wrong even when Blizzard drops a huge stinker like Mists of Panderia on the public.

Btw Gus I like tentacles. Mayhaps I need to think of a mod to do such. Muahahahaha! >.>;;;; What?!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
of course you blame him for everything! mined that MFE with a pick? his fault!, the wither killed you? his fault!, you forgot to bring torches to a cave? his fault! since when making stuff stupidly hard is balance?

You appear to have either mixed up pronouns to a state of disrepair, or you have lost your coconuts. Please rephrase this attempted remark.

so whining is ''comunication''... remind me to say that the next anti-gregtech topic.

Actually, whining means "To complain in a feeble or petulant way.", which is something you do when attempting to whine about GregTech, yet not something I do when I'm discussing through logical means and suggestions way to resolve Mojang's issue.

Have you ever thought to try and suggest ways to fix GregTech, as opposed to feebly berate Greg for irrational reasons? No? I didn't think so.

Btw Gus I like tentacles. Mayhaps I need to think of a mod to do such. Muahahahaha! >.>;;;; What?!
Mmm, a Corruption of Champions mod would be fairly amusing, indeed!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Have you ever thought to try and suggest ways to fix GregTech, as opposed to feebly berate Greg for irrational reasons? No? I didn't think so.

''not changing recipes'' mode is not no ''easy'' mode.

what about, what I have said a million times, make stuff faster? like, if I have an industrial blast furnace, make it faster than a normal blast furnace, why did I even got it if it is the same speed and it uses refined iron instead of iron? why take 45 minutes to get 2/3 dusts? and a lot more.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
''not changing recipes'' mode is not no ''easy'' mode.

Yes, it is. It allows you access to MANY other things.

What YOU want is Greg to have an option to make his mod not functional, it seems, as it is based around a tech tree. Read on...

what about, what I have said a million times, make stuff faster? like, if I have an industrial blast furnace, make it faster than a normal blast furnace, why did I even got it if it is the same speed and it uses refined iron instead of iron? why take 45 minutes to get 2/3 dusts? and a lot more.

The Industrial Blast Furnace is used to create things that the railcraft blast furnace cannot. It's part of the technological tree which gives advancement to the entire GregTech mod, as opposed to making it twenty-four hours from start to GraviChestPlate.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
no, I don't want an option to make it not functional, I want to make it FUNctional (see what I did tOH wait you are a robot, you won't get it)

like, I want to play, not be grinding all day.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
like, I want to play, not be grinding all day.

And how do you want that done?

Feel free to take the time needed to reply. After you reply, I'll forward you a link to GregTech's IC2 forum post if your answer is any good at all, and tell you to post that there.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
wow wow calm down little fella, I'm not the only one that posts stuff off topic... turtle!

And how do you want that done?

Feel free to take the time needed to reply. After you reply, I'll forward you a link to GregTech's IC2 forum post if your answer is any good at all, and tell you to post that there.

like, I don't know? maybe not use diamonds for every recipe, make stuff work faster, make stuff not stupidly expensive for no aparent reason, not nerf every single thing on sight...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Drav..I think this thread has been derailed enough. Call it fair?

Actually, I'm not entirely sure if we're all that way off topic, enough for either of us to just agree to turtle it up right now.

like, I don't know? maybe not use diamonds for every recipe, make stuff work faster, make stuff not stupidly expensive for no aparent reason, not nerf every single thing on sight...

A few hours into the game, diamond should be a non-issue for you if you're playing at a decent pace and trying to get diamonds.

Stuff "working faster" is something you're going to have to define exactly for any logical submission to GregTech as a possible change for "Super Easy" mode.

Stuff being "not stupidly expensive for no aparent (sic) reason" is also something you're going to have to define in more detail.

And, of course, "not nerf every single thing on (sic) sight" is another thing you're going to need to address in detail if you want anything to change.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
and if you can't do it better yourself, then stop whining, just like people teached me when I was whining about greg and his nerfs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability
Read that article. Then think about the connection between it and a completely bugfree Minecraft code. Then think about Guswut's posting again. If you still don't get it, I'm sure someone has a irony-pole big enough to beat it into you. Why so stubborn? :rolleyes:

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, tin cells give 4 instead of 16, you need to compress blocks (useless step for the sake of it), not make stuff underpowered (gas turbine 16 eu, thermal generator 24 eu, what the hell is this?), speed of the centrifuge, electrolizer, why diamond dust outputs industrial diamond if you can place an industrial diamond in the crafting table and get a normal one? helium cells 1250 secs? why so much industrial TNT for diamond dust to be industrial diamonds? killing creepers all day for no aparent reason...

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played with GT to comment on it. My friend was not happy about it as he liked the cheap macerator. I may play mindcrack and dump techworld as mindcrack has factorization (a fav mod of mine).

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, with every official update I'm always disappointed with the lack of new interesting content. I guess I'm just jaded from all the cool stuff the mods add.

I think they should adopt forge but I highly doubt they will.
But we got pig riding and bats~

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly like the stacking mobs and find the pvp idea SethBling (i believe) had of bats on minecarts being ridden by players in an open air...OHHHH!!! We can now have Quidditch!!!!

Reactions: Nerixel