Those Who Remain - RP OOC / signups (Signups now open!)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I wouldn't necessarily say that's true.

However, Tord, I think you do need to spend a bit more time in your posts portraying who your character is. There's a lot about what he says, what he thinks, what he does, but very little about how he does it, why he does it. I don't really have a read on Daniel as a person, compared to the other characters in this. He seems very frenetic, always saying or doing something. Don't be afraid to pace your post out a little more - give Daniel a bit of space to breath and be himself.

This isn't a criticism, it's a suggestion as to something you could do to really help flesh out your character a little.
I think you still understood what I was trying to say by this post. Basically this.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I think you still understood what I was trying to say by this post. Basically this.
I never hold people to exactly what their CS says abut the character - mostly because I often find that when I'm writing an IC as opposed to a CS, the character comes out a little differently, in speech and personality. It's a lot better to let that character flow as feels right than to stick to the CS, so I don't tend to go "Hang on, your character isn't meant to be this!"

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I never hold people to exactly what their CS says abut the character - mostly because I often find that when I'm writing an IC as opposed to a CS, the character comes out a little differently, in speech and personality. It's a lot better to let that character flow as feels right than to stick to the CS, so I don't tend to go "Hang on, your character isn't meant to be this!"
Fair enough. I'm still the n00biest here so I have no idea.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Dedicate yourself a lot more to what your character is thinking, and try to convey the emotions without actually describing them literally.

What's better: "I was sad" or "I was shocked. Stunned by the situation. What had happened before my eyes was awful. As a almost natural reaction, I started crying. Who wouldn't. It was melancholic enough without this happening. But now..."?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Dedicate yourself a lot more to what your character is thinking, and try to convey the emotions without actually describing them literally.

What's better: "I was sad" or "I was shocked. Stunned by the situation. What had happened before my eyes was awful. As a almost natural reaction, I started crying. Who wouldn't. It was melancholic enough without this happening. But now..."?
Uh...duh...the...uh...the firs tone? Right?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
RJS has achieved the achievement curbstomped, for one-shotting a human or vampire (In this case, a vampire)

For this, he finds nearby a strange, cylindrical object. Upon further inspection, he finds that it has a switch on its side, and has an energy cell loaded in it, only partially charged. The clever lad nearly stabbed himself in the eye, earning him a few singed hairs. The sod found a lightsaber.
The lightsaber has about a minute of charge, half an energy cell's worth of power, but is extremely damaging. GG!

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
RJS has achieved the achievement curbstomped, for one-shotting a human or vampire (In this case, a vampire)

For this, he finds nearby a strange, cylindrical object. Upon further inspection, he finds that it has a switch on its side, and has an energy cell loaded in it, only partially charged. The clever lad nearly stabbed himself in the eye, earning him a few singed hairs. The sod found a lightsaber.
The lightsaber has about a minute of charge, half an energy cell's worth of power, but is extremely damaging. GG!
Unclip the cell and put it in the laser rifle.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Unless he manages to get power to the grills, Jakob won't find any way to cook food. Why would that be in a McDonalds? Go search an outdoor shop or something for a stove.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Unless he manages to get power to the grills, Jakob won't find any way to cook food. Why would that be in a McDonalds? Go search an outdoor shop or something for a stove.
I'm trying to show that Jakob didn't used to go to McDonalds.

Also, you said that some guy made a really inefficient lightsaber just before the gates opened.